Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You need to back off. She clearly believes what she is saying.
    It IS possible to be sincerely wrong, Jim.
    The nastiness you exhibit here is not appropriate to a person that calls themselves a Christian. Jim
    You have no room to talk about pots, Mr. kettle.

It's "nastiness" to point out inconsistencies?
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• so far I have noticed that none of the democrats are investigating the truth of her accusations. They are not asking questions, they are just thanking her for being there, saying they already believe her, and then putting various articles and things "into the record" -- if this is supposed to be an investigation and interview, why aren't they even trying to find out if she is telling the truth or not, but just accepting she is without question?

I bet they will be asking Kavanaugh a lot of questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        True, and somebody can surely believe something is true, even though it's not, but that would "pass" the "lie detector".

I come back to the case of the woman taking (6 days?) with her lawyers working through her thoughts before coming up with K as the guilty party. It's entirely possible after that "process", she believes it was him.
        I'm surprised that she has no idea who paid for her polygraph test. And how she sounded like she was almost being assaulted when she took it.

I'll also note that it is an old politician's trick to take a private polygraph test without announcing that you're planning on taking one. This is done for two reasons. If you fail you simply don't mention it and nobody's the wiser. Second, it takes a lot of pressure off of you so you can relax and not be nervous (since you can keep the results to yourself and nobody's the wiser). Polygraph experts rely on a person's nervousness to detect lying so this makes it easier to pass even if you are lying.

More importantly, polygraph tests are garbage. There are multiple fairly well known techniques for thwarting them. I know this because many years ago I was subject to, for different reasons, polygraphs on five separate occasions. Twice it was an FBI expert conducting the test. I passed each time (actually once the results were deemed inconclusive because I was intentionally screwing with the tester) even though I was at several points being deceptive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

YEARS ago, we had an FBI seminar on "going undercover", and they stressed that "providing too much detail" when answering questions can lead to suspicion.
          Generally the advice is never volunteer information.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat
            The Lord is our defender, not the other way around. Paul said "Follow me as I follow Christ". If you don't like something MM does, and you don't think it represents how Christians should behave, don't assume it reflects on the reputation of Christianity. We are not Christ.
            I like the pastor who once said, "I would like to be like Paul and say, 'Follow me as I follow Christ,' but in my case, it's probably better if I just say to follow Christ."
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-27-2018, 01:20 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Generally the advice is never volunteer information.
              That is especially true on the witness stand.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic, Ford's excuse for why her own named witnesses deny her accusations is pretty weak. "It was not a remarkable party for them." Then what compelled her to name them as witnesses in the first place? Remarkable or not, they should have at least been able to say, "Yes, I recall the five of us attending a small get together at so-and-so's house in 1982, but I don't remember anything else about it." The fact that Ford herself can't even remember details about the supposed party would have sunk her testimony if this was a criminal trial.

Comment

That is especially true on the witness stand.
                  Interesting avatar there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic, Ford's excuse for why her own named witnesses deny her accusations is pretty weak. "It was not a remarkable party for them." Then what compelled her to name them as witnesses in the first place? Remarkable or not, they should have at least been able to say, "Yes, I recall the five of us attending a small get together at so-and-so's house in 1982, but I don't remember anything else about it." The fact that Ford herself can't even remember details about the supposed party would have sunk her testimony if this was a criminal trial.
                    I noticed that the Democrats keep presenting lists of people who are supporting Ford but AFAICT conspicuously absent are her parents and any siblings

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      The fact that Ford herself can't even remember details about the supposed party would have sunk her testimony if this was a criminal trial.
                      If what she claims happened actually did happen I would be more than a little surprised if some "details" were not more important in her memory than other "details".

Comment

I noticed that the Democrats keep presenting lists of people who are supporting Ford but AFAICT conspicuously absent are her parents and any siblings
                        Or anybody who could contemporaneously confirm her story.

Comment

• Reminds me of how mickiel kept getting upset whenever Christians used strong language to defend themselves and I responded
                          Originally posted by rogue06
                          And yet as has been time and time again shown to you, Christ used insults Himself to drive home His message
                          Originally posted by rogue06
                          Some times you have to speak plainly and directly, to explicitly call out something as it is -- by its right name rather than sugar coat it. As was pointed out to you repeatedly before the crash this was something that folks like Paul, John the Baptist and the prophets and even Jesus often did. They did not shrink from using harsh language to make their point and did not beat around the bush because they were scared they might upset someone's delicate sensibilities. Jesus did not come to make "nice" but rather was honest and forthright

For instance, look at what Christ said in Matthew 23:33 to the Pharisees: "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?" In the same exchange He repeatedly and explicitly referred to them as "hypocrites," as well as "whitewashed tombs" (looks good on the outside but full of rot and uncleanness on the inside), "blind fools" and even "child of hell" (in John 8:44 He said "You are of your father the devil"[1]).

Earlier at His baptism He called the Pharisees and Sadducees a brood of vipers (Matthew 3:7) and again after casting out a demon He said "You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil?" (Matthew 12:34).

1. Paul also called someone (Elymas the magician) "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy" as recorded in Acts 13:10. Should he have hugged him and been cautious of hurting his feelings instead?

Moreover Jesus did far more than just use strong language. In the cleansing of the Temple account we are told in John 2 that Jesus made a whip or scourge out of cords and used it to drive out the money-changers (who's tables He over-turned in the process).

But micky would have us believe that Jesus was all about hugs and saying things like "can't we all just get along?" I think micky would refuse to talk with Jesus condemning Him as being unChristlike

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles
                            So you seriously want an explanation as to why Christian standards are more important than I am? You must hold me in very high regard.
                            Charles, you're a self-centered combatant who is only here to stir up trouble - I don't hold you in very high regard at all. You're not here for the fellowship, and you're not here as an outreach opportunity - you're simply here to vent your disgust for Christians. Stop pretending otherwise. You're a common ordinary run-of-the-mill , and a very touchy one, at that.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                              If what she claims happened actually did happen I would be more than a little surprised if some "details" were not more important in her memory than other "details".
                              Did you read the post earlier from a verified survivor of sexual assault? Her crystal clear memories are an interesting contrast to Ford's selectively hazy recollections, especially when she says that she will never forget the details right after saying that she's forgotten a lot of the details.

Comment

Interesting avatar there.
                                Thank you. Thank you, very much.

Comment