Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bob Woodard's explosive book from within the Trump White House.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Woodard's explosive book from within the Trump White House.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html

Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'Edited by a Moderator liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.
    "He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

© Copyright Original Source

Moderated By: rogue06

Such blatant vulgarities of that level are obviously not permitted

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM.

Sounds like typical "sources say" yellow journalism.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html

Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'Edited by a Moderator liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.
      "He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

© Copyright Original Source

Moderated By: rogue06

Such blatant vulgarities of that level are obviously not permitted

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

yeah - he's just quoting the text from the article.

I'm sure the denials will come. From the white house/from Trump will be just the usual lies. What I'll be looking for are how those ostensibly quoted react. Some are still there of course, so we are not likely to get any reaction from them. The kelly quotes are interesting. He pretty much said them unless he straight up denies them. And that is scary - at least to anyone who cares about this country more than 'beating the libs'.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        yeah - he's just quoting the text from the article.

I'm sure the denials will come. From the white house/from Trump will be just the usual lies. What I'll be looking for are how those ostensibly quoted react. Some are still there of course, so we are not likely to get any reaction from them. The kelly quotes are interesting. He pretty much said them unless he straight up denies them. And that is scary - at least to anyone who cares about this country more than 'beating the libs'.

Jim
        Also kind of scary to see those who with a knee jerk reaction automatically dismiss any potential rebuttal as "just the usual lies."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Also kind of scary to see those who with a knee jerk reaction automatically dismiss any potential rebuttal as "just the usual lies."
          Trump lies every day Rogue. There is no way to know if anything the man says is true without looking outside the white house for verification. That is the simple reality of the situation. Out of his mouth every single day come 'the usual lies'.

Why do you suppose "Thou shalt not lie" made the big 10? Because it is no big deal?
          Why do we teach our children not to lie? Because our parents did?

Trust rogue. That is why we don't lie. So that we and others can trust what we say. So that others can know when we speak, what we say is true.

Once that trust is broken, it is nearly impossible for it to be fully re-established.

There is one principle with Trump. He only tells the truth when a lie will not reflect better on him, his image, or his personal goals.

On any part of the book that is true and reflects negatively on Trump, Trump will lie. Period.

JIm
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-04-2018, 01:18 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And then simply shrug and rationalize away this knee jerk response by trying to make it sound like the only reasonable course.

Whatever happened to looking at the evidence before coming to a conclusion?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              . . . On any part of the book that is true and reflects negatively on Trump, Trump will lie. Period.

JIm
              If that is so it only means he is almost as dishonest as Clinton.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

By the time 2020 rolls around, Trump will be the most vetted candidate in the history of America, and possibly in the history of the world. There's going to be nothing left for his opponents to dig up.

Comment

So who do I believe, Woodward and his anonymous sources or Mattis? No contest...

Mattis calls Woodward's reporting on him 'fiction'
                  http://thehill.com/policy/defense/40...on-him-fiction
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Like I said, typical "sources say" yellow journalism.

This along with Bernstein's recent scandal at CNN really makes you wonder about these two guys. Now I'm starting to ask what's the real story behind their Watergate reporting? We just always assumed they were on the up-and-up, but now we have reason to start asking questions. It would be interesting to do a deep-dive analysis of their reporting back then and see how much of it really checks out.

Comment

I'm just seeing how long Shunya will pretend that Spelling Trump with a lower case t and an uppercase R is clever.

Other than that I ignore Shunya like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        If that is so it only means he is almost as dishonest as Clinton.
                        When it comes to lying, Trump is about as high (low) as one can get. I'm not even sure people with compulsive lying disorders can top him, though they may well equal him.

Of course, that may well mean Trump has a compulsive lying disorder.

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-05-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          I'm just seeing how long Shunya will pretend that Spelling Trump with a lower case t and an uppercase R is clever.

I told him a while back that I think T. Rump would be better, but he disagreed.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

Not clever at all. It is just an accurate description of Donald tRump. T. Rump is an accurate descriptive option, based on his record.

Comment

Well, at least you admit that it's not clever.

Comment