Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blue Collar Harris Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    No Jim, there are policies that can help business to grow and policies that can stifle growth. Like high taxes and over regulation.
    So, you are now contradicting yourself again then. Get your story straight at least will you. Either there are policies that help turn recessions around, or there are not. Pick one!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      So, you are now contradicting yourself again then. Get your story straight at least will you. Either there are policies that help turn recessions around, or there are not. Pick one!
      What? Jim all I'm saying is that there are government policies that can help businesses grow and expand and policies that can stifle growth. Obama did not do much for growth, Trump has, in spades. Why is that so hard to understand?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

U.S. job openings climb to record 6.9 million

Big picture: The U.S. economy is booming. Growth surged in the spring and has carried through summer. Unemployment is uber-low at 3.9%, layoffs are at a 50-year low.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...ion-2018-09-11
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

U.S. job openings climb to record 6.9 million

Big picture: The U.S. economy is booming. Growth surged in the spring and has carried through summer. Unemployment is uber-low at 3.9%, layoffs are at a 50-year low.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...ion-2018-09-11
          I haven't even updated my resume on the job sites in years but I keep getting more and more headhunters emailing me asking if I want a new job. I think they must be getting desperate because nobody even needs headhunters any more, you can get jobs easily without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I haven't even updated my resume on the job sites in years but I keep getting more and more headhunters emailing me asking if I want a new job. I think they must be getting desperate because nobody even needs headhunters any more, you can get jobs easily without them.
            Yeah, we can't get help at my shop. Our orders have been increasing for about nine months now. Things really are getting much better, but of course economies do go up and down.

Comment

Yeah, we can't get help at my shop. Our orders have been increasing for about nine months now. Things really are getting much better, but of course economies do go up and down.
              yep. I am sure it will eventually swing back down. and then they will blame Trump. I already saw someone on facebook whining about how Trump has artificially inflated the economy and the bubble is going to pop!

Comment

What? Jim all I'm saying is that there are government policies that can help businesses grow and expand and policies that can stifle growth. Obama did not do much for growth, Trump has, in spades. Why is that so hard to understand?
                No, all you're saying, like Trump himself, is that he inherited a mess, which of course is just another of his 6000 lies. Obama, how soon we forget, inherited a near depression, losing 800,000 jobs a month, and whether you want to give him credit for the turn around or not is your biased business. If Obama didn't save the automobile industry, Trump wouldn't have that industry to kick around today, and if Obama hadn't gotten 24 million more people on health insurance, Trump and the republicans wouldn't have been able to throw them off it again. Trumps policies are good for the corporate CEO's and the wealthy, they love the big tax cuts he and the republicans gave them at the expense of the deficit they complain about so much when they are not in power, but they aren't doing the average citizen any good. The job gains are on the same trajectory now as they were under Obama, and to be perfectly honest they were slightly better under Obama. So employment gains are slightly down under Trump, wages are stagnant still, millions have lost their health insurance, and huge tax cuts were given to the wealthy adding to the rising deficit and still no infrastructe bill. So what exactly is it that you patting Trump on the back for?

Comment

No, all you're saying, like Trump himself, is that he inherited a mess, which of course is just another of his 6000 lies. Obama, how soon we forget, inherited a near depression, losing 800,000 jobs a month, and whether you want to give him credit for the turn around or not is your biased business. If Obama didn't save the automobile industry, Trump wouldn't have that industry to kick around today, and if Obama hadn't gotten 24 million more people on health insurance, Trump and the republicans wouldn't have been able to throw them off it again. Trumps policies are good for the corporate CEO's and the wealthy, they love the big tax cuts he and the republicans gave them at the expense of the deficit they complain about so much when they are not in power, but they aren't doing the average citizen any good. The job gains are on the same trajectory now as they were under Obama, and to be perfectly honest they were slightly better under Obama. So employment gains are slightly down under Trump, wages are stagnant still, millions have lost their health insurance, and huge tax cuts were given to the wealthy adding to the rising deficit and still no infrastructe bill. So what exactly is it that you patting Trump on the back for?
                  Jim, I have asked you a number of times what were the business friendly policies that Obama instituted. You could not name one. Since that is so, how does Obama get credit for economic growth? And we are now experiencing GDP growth that we have not seen in a long while. And all through this thread I have shown that we are hitting marks that we haven't see in many years. I mean good grief, we are at a 50 year low in unemployment.
                  Last edited by seer; 09-12-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

If Obama didn't save the automobile industry, Trump wouldn't have that industry to kick around today....
                    Obama did not save the automobile industry, Jim. GM and Chrysler would have survived bankruptcy. All he saved was union workers' cushy pay and benefits.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

US median household income climbs to new high of $61,372

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/medi...-of-61372.html

Comment

US median household income climbs to new high of $61,372

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/medi...-of-61372.html

Comment

Jim, I have asked you a number of times what were the business friendly policies that Obama instituted. You could not name one. Since that is so, how does Obama get credit for economic growth? And we are now experiencing GDP growth that we have not seen in a long while. And all through this thread I have shown that we are hitting marks that we haven't see in many years. I mean good grief, we are at a 50 year low in unemployment.
                          Seer, business friendly policies and the GDP mean nothing if wages remain stagnant and inequality remains high. Deregulation is great for business, of course, and cooporate tax cuts, even though the deficit is booming, are great for business as well, but if that doesn't trickle down, which once again is proving to be true, then what is it you are arguing for? It's easy to inherit a economy on the rebound from a near depression and take full credit for turning it around, lets just thank the god I don't believe in that Obama, not Trump, was at the helm in 2008 and again in 2012. Now we will see the Trump bubble burst once again, and a democrat will have to step in once again to clean it up.
                          Last edited by JimL; 09-14-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Seer, business friendly policies and the GDP mean nothing if wages remain stagnant and inequality remains high. Deregulation is great for business, of course, and cooporate tax cuts, even though the deficit is booming, are great for business as well, but if that doesn't trickle down, which once again is proving to be true, then what is it you are arguing for? It's easy to inherit a economy on the rebound from a near depression and take full credit for turning it around, lets just thank the god I don't believe in that Obama, not Trump, was at the helm in 2008 and again in 2012. Now we will see the Trump bubble burst once again, and a democrat will have to step in once again to clean it up.
                            Jim, I just posted a link showing that the median household income has reached an all time high. And under Obama the gap between the rich and the poor increased.

Comment

Jim, I just posted a link showing that the median household income has reached an all time high. And under Obama the gap between the rich and the poor increased.
                              Seer, in 2015 and again in 2016 the median household income reached an all time high. Would you like to attribute that to Trump as well? That said inequality remains high and most of the gains are going to the very top, not to the middle class and when you factor in inflation and loss of health insurance, then the increased income isn't much of an increase at all for the middle classes under Trump.

Comment

Seer, in 2015 and again in 2016 the median household income reached an all time high. Would you like to attribute that to Trump as well? That said inequality remains high and most of the gains are going to the very top, not to the middle class and when you factor in inflation and loss of health insurance, then the increased income isn't much of an increase at all for the middle classes under Trump.
                                Then why is Obama trying the take credit for this economy?

Comment