Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DeSantis Uses Racist Dog Whistle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Don't resort to lying now Lilpix, you didn't say that the race issue was one of the reasons Trump won, you said it was the reason he won. Second, you have no idea how many votes Russia may have influenced with their coordinated influence/conspiracy scheme. Third, you don't get to discount state vote tallys in order to convince yourself that Trump actually won the popular vote. He lost the popular vote by 3 million, period. And 4th, parroting Trump about the fake red scare really makes you look naive and stupid.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      My dear Jimmy, I said people are tired of being accused of being racist.
      Are you going to perpetuate your lie now? Anyone can easily read your post and see what you said exactly Lilpix. You may have meant to say dsomething else, but what you actully said was that Trump won because people were tired of race baiting, or in other words tired of being called racists.

Second, I can't prove Russia changed a single vote, but they certainly believe they did, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. And,

Third, don't be a dunce, California is part of the country so you can no more discount California than I can discount say Texas or any other number of red states that add up to the population of California. And,

Fourth, parroting Trump in calling the Russian influence campaign a democrat invention because they lost the election when there is so much evidence that Russia actually carried out this scheme, and most likely put Putins puppet and your candidate into the White House, is either what we call cognitive dissonance, or just plain stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        No he hasn't.
        Are you serious? This is the man who perpetuated the 'birther' lie for five years, who referred to Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists, who complained about all "these people" coming from (deleted)-hole countries. That's just for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Though I'm not willing to leave the issue of DeSantis comments behind (at least not in this thread) I will briefly address the issue of Trump.

The evidence has been given. His (lack of) reaction to the David Duke endorsements, the way he handled the Charlottesville event, His continued attacks on the intelligence of Black people who have worked for him or crossed him, his references to Central America (hispanic) and Africa (black) as Sh....ole countries preferring white European Nations like the Netherlands and Asia. And there is a rather long list if incidents that precede his presidency. He continues to forward articles and conspiracy theories that are the product of racist organizations.

While I do understand that some see a racist in every white man, what you call 'race baiting' on these pages is for the most part clearly recognizable from my experience as being racism. As I said, I've been around it all my life. In Florida, in Alabama, in North Carolina, Mississippi and Georgia, and now Maryland and Baltimore (which in many ways has worse problems than many areas in North Carolina).

I know what it looks like when they are full on white supremacists.

I know what it looks like when they are just good 'ol boys that hate xyz

I know what it looks like when they claim they aren't racist but they really are through and through.
          (e.g. "I'm not racist but ...")

I know what it looks like when a person actually cares about the issue and wants not to be.

Jim
          Just a note as being someone who has actually been in Haiti (one of the countries Trump specifically named) years ago... calling it a $#^+@hole would be an insult to $#^+@holes. When I was there you could actually look at satellite pictures and see where the border of Haiti and the Dominican Republic were because the people of Haiti had stripped the country of virtually every single tree. This meant when you looked at the picture, Haiti was brown whereas the DR was nearly all green. And it was even more obvious on the ground. The people were digging up the tree stumps of the trees that had been chopped down to get at the roots so they could use them to make fires to cook the little actual food they could get their hands on.

"This is literally dirt being prepared for humans to eat"

The place was little more than a mud ball and the very epitome of a failed state.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            Are you serious? This is the man who perpetuated the 'birther' lie for five years, who referred to Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists, who complained about all "these people" coming from (deleted)-hole countries. That's just for starters.
            Good grief you're an idiot.

Questioning the place of someone's birth is not racist. Heck, even the publishers of Obama's books sent out marketing material that said he was born in Kenya. Were they racists, too?

Trump didn't say that all Mexican immigrants were murders and rapists, he said that many of those who come here illegally are, and crime statistics are on his side: illegal immigrants are significantly more likely to commit violent crimes. However, he also conceded that there are some good people who enter the country illegally as well.

As for the s---hole country remark, was it ever confirmed that Trump actually said that? Secondly, the countries supposedly referred to aren't exactly a garden paradise.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...language-used/

Anyway, I'm not going to play any more of the game where low-info morons take the President's words and twist and turn them into something racist, and then another informed individual like me explains why you're wrong. One of these days, you're going to have to put on your big boy pants and learn to identify fake news by yourself, because folks like me won't always be there to spoon feed you.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-03-2018, 08:03 AM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Are you going to perpetuate your lie now? Anyone can easily read your post and see what you said exactly Lilpix. You may have meant to say dsomething else, but what you actully said was that Trump won because people were tired of race baiting, or in other words tired of being called racists.
              Second, I can't prove Russia changed a single vote, but they certainly believe they did, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered. And,
              Third, don't be a dunce, California is part of the country so you can no more discount California than I can discount say Texas or any other number of red states that add up to the population of California. And,
              Fourth, parroting Trump in calling the Russian influence campaign a democrat invention because they lost the election when there is so much evidence that Russia actually carried out this scheme, and most likely put Putins puppet and your candidate into the White House, is either what we call cognitive dissonance, or just plain stupidity.
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And Jimmy learns best from his liberal task masters in how to take a statement of clear exaggeration and warp it into an absolute statement because you’re a scum bag that can’t debate what was actually said, so you attack a strawman. Sorry idiot, morons that argue that Italy and Russia are not economic powers don’t deserve to be taken seriously and should be laughed at every time his mouth opens. I say what I actually mean, not a moron that thinks Russia and Italy are not economic powers.
                They are not a major economic powers, dufus. The largest economy is of course the U.S. at 20.4 triillion, second is China at 14 trillion, Russia isn't even in the top 10 at 1.5 trillion.

Funny how Jimmy attacks Christians for believing God ‘without evidence’ when Jimmy believes the Russians changed votes by spending a little money on Facebook ads that most people didn’t see before the election. Gosh, how did they do it? I’m sure advertisers would love to know how because they spend way more and don’t convince nearly as many people.
                Funny how quick you are to hand wave away what the Russians did in order to help elect your prefered treasonous crook as president.

I see you missed the point so let’s try again, anyone can make anything out to be a loss if we change the rules to make our preferred candidate win. The reality though is that the election is decided by an electoral vote and not a popular vote. Running up the totals in a very liberal and populous state will not make a difference in the presidential election. When will you figure that out?
                The electoral college is outdated and favors republicans who tend to have majority constituencies in sparsley populated states and whose vote therefore is worth twice that of votes coming from larger more liberal states like California. Fact remains, Trump barely eked it out with the help of the Russians and rubes like you who were easily conned into supporting him and is now the most unpopular President in the history of the Presidency. Nice job!

Carrying it out and it having an effect is two different things. See Jimmy, Obama knew what was going on, but only cared when his handpicked successor lost. Why did he only care than? Could it be because the Russians had little to no effect on a vote of consequence and instead of blaming a stupid campaign that didn’t do anything in important battleground states and the terrible candidate that hates non liberal Americans that they shift the blame to the inept Boris and Natasha to cover for their stupidity? Nah, that’s too hard, let’s look for Russians under the bed instead of owning up.
                That just goes to show that you have no idea what you are talking about, although that's nothing that I didn't already know. Obama did try to do something about it, he shared the U.S. intel with Congress prior to the election and Mitch McConnell refused to acknowledge it, said he would accuse the President of using it to try and effect the election. Obama should have gone ahead and released the intel anyway, but he didn't think that Putin could actually get his puppet elected and he was afraid, a la Mitch McConnell, of dividing the country. You were conned, Trump is the most unpopular President in U.S. history and if we are lucky enough of the naive Trump supporters eyes will be opened and they will realize what a terrible thing they did. I don't hold out much hope in your case though!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  They are not a major economic powers, dufus. The largest economy is of course the U.S. at 20.4 triillion, second is China at 14 trillion, Russia isn't even in the top 10 at 1.5 trillion.
                  According to Wikipedia, Russia is ranked 12th by the International Monetary Fund, 11th by the World Bank, and 13th by the United Nations. That's out of around 200 countries. So, yes, they are a major economic power in the world today, you "dufus".

By the way, it's spelled doofus. Only a doofus would misspell it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    According to Wikipedia, Russia is ranked 12th by the International Monetary Fund, 11th by the World Bank, and 13th by the United Nations. That's out of around 200 countries. So, yes, they are a major economic power in the world today, you "dufus".
                    U.S. 20.4 trillion - Russia 1.5 trillion. enough said, dufus.
                    By the way, it's spelled doofus. Only a doofus would misspell it.
                    It's spelled either way dufus. Only a dufus wouldn't know that.

Comment

All you're accomplishing is demonstrating that the American economy remains the "big dog" on the world stage.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Fact remains, Trump barely eked it out with the help of the Russians and rubes like you who were easily conned into supporting him and is now the most unpopular President in the history of the Presidency. Nice job!
                        You were conned, Trump is the most unpopular President in U.S. history and if we are lucky enough of the naive Trump supporters eyes will be opened and they will realize what a terrible thing they did.
                        How exactly are you determining he is the "most unpopular President" in the history of the country? Polls don't go back all the way to start of the presidency (they start in the 1930's), and there's definitely some presidents prior to that who I'm pretty sure would, if polls existed back then, have been lower. Perhaps that's speculative, but it's even more speculative for you to declare him the most unpopular in the history of the Presidency without hard data to back you up. Certainly, one has to argue how he can be seen as less popular than Abraham Lincoln, the president who was so disliked that half of the country seceded.

Even if we do limit ourselves to the presidents who can be measured with approval ratings, declaring Trump the least popular president doesn't seem to hold up. His lowest approval rating isn't as low as some other presidents' (both Bushes, Carter, Nixon, and Truman had lower ones), nor is his highest disapproval as high as GW Bush's, Truman's, or Nixon's. Now, it does seem that his average approval rating is the lowest, but for such a comparison to be accurate you need a full term or else the comparison isn't really accurate.

Trump certainly is certainly not a popular president when compared to those who came before him, but it's a big exaggeration, and profoundly speculative, to claim he's the least popular president in US history.
                        Last edited by Terraceth; 09-03-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

It's spelled either way dufus. Only a dufus wouldn't know that.
                          US is the biggest, sure, but that doesn't mean that Russia isn't a major economic and political power.

Secondly, the term "doofus" is a derivation of the Scottish word "doof", which means deaf but was also used in an insulting fashion to refer to a slow-witted person (like you).

Comment

None of those really sound all that racist and sound a lot like looking for racism behind every tree.

1. I heard he rejected his endorsement. Can you explain what would be the right amount of rejection should be?
                            He hemmed and hawed and only eventually after a huge amount of pressure actually rejected his endorsement. It took him 4 days. Only after enough time and resistance that Mr. Duke and those that follow him could see that Trump had NO CHOICE but to reject the endorsement. This is not the reaction of a person that sees racism as a problem. It is the expected reaction of a racist that covets the votes of racists.

The really odd thing about that is that Trump in 2000 disavowed David Duke, knew full well who he was then. So given that, one could make the case this was opportunistic as opposed to ideological, he didn't want to offend people he knew would be voting for him.

That is just as bad as full on racism though as far as I'm concerned.

Either way it pans out, Trump ends up acting as a racist would.

2. So blaming both sides for rioting is wrong? Interesting...
                            No - that is not the problem here. Equating both sides, saying there are 'decent people' in the crowds shouting anti-semitic and anti-black epithets is what is wrong.

Remember this little thing called the American Revolution? That was a revolt that broke the governing law as a push back against British over-taxation and oppression.

Even though the anti-white supremacists protestors were violent, they are pushing back against evil, against racism and the ongoing oppression of black people. The white supremacists ARE the oppressors. They are the ones that want to continue any means they can to encourage and grow racism and hostile racial actions in this country.

Trump gave place to the oppressors, and equated their violence with the violence of those pushing back against oppression. That is what a racist would do.

3. He makes the same remarks towards white people too, so is he racist towards whites too?
                            Two things here.

(1) He tends towards remarks that are historically racist when he targets black people.
                            (2) It is impossible to be racist against a person of your own race.

What you and others here fail to understand is that racist terms are only racist in a certain context. Putting a derogatory caricature of Donald Trump on a wall next to a bunch of money is not anti-Semitic. But doing the same thing using Jared Kushner would be. Because one classic anti-Semitic stereotype of Jewish people is that they are hoarders of money. Putting up a bunch pictures of George Bush made to look like a monkey is NOT racist. But putting up a bunch of pictures of Obama looking like a monkey IS racist.

The target of the statement matters. Trump's continued slams of black people using historically racists terms IS racist.

4. Ever been to those countries? I hear plenty of Hispanics and blacks use similar terms too. Are they racist?
                            No - a person can't be racist against his own race. In that case they are just being rude, mean, whatever.

Facts - get a life pix. I'm referencing real events and what they represent based on historical uses of certain terms. Those ARE the facts.

Trump has acted as a racist. The are strong indicators he holds racist views. John R O'Donnal has said flat out he's seen it for real. We know Sanders said she couldn't guarantee he's never used certain racist terms.

I personally don't believe a person can use those terms without hosting racist sentiment. Sometimes a person can host a certain kind of resentment against blacks without ever using those terms, or Jewish people or whatever. But once a person actually voices those terms, it's gone way past just some sort of low level resentment. So since it's pretty clear he does voice those sorts or terms, at least sometimes, he's on his way if not already there.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-03-2018, 03:41 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Having consulted several dictionaries, it does seem that both "doofus" and "dufus" are valid spellings, though one does note that dufus is the less common spelling (and, at least in my opinion, looks more goofy).

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Having consulted several dictionaries, it does seem that both "doofus" and "dufus" are valid spellings, though one does note that dufus is the less common spelling (and, at least in my opinion, looks more goofy).
                                I think only a doofus would spell it "dufus".

Comment