Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Any convictions to date are unrelated to the Trump campaign, and Cohen was suckered into pleading guilty to something that isn't a crime.
    The WaPo article I read this morning tried valiantly to make the connection by saying that Cohen's payments were attempts to "influence the election".
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      The WaPo article I read this morning tried valiantly to make the connection by saying that Cohen's payments were attempts to "influence the election".
      You're starting to sound more like MM each day, OBP. WaPo tried valiently? Really! They didn't have to try oh brainwashed one, it was Cohen's own testimony, testimony that the prosecutors claimed to have corroborating evidence of when asked of them by the Judge. Seriously, no wonder you people believe in fake news, it's seems to be the only news that you listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Everything done during a campaign is an attempt to influence an election.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Duh! Everything done during a campaign in an attempt to influence the election isn't necessarily legal.

Comment

Any convictions to date are unrelated to the Trump campaign, and Cohen was suckered into pleading guilty to something that isn't a crime.
            So Cohen is going to be sentenced for something that is not a crime? Sure he is ... and I have some beach front property in Arizona I can sell you really cheap ...

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And there are rules about how much can be spent and where. And violations of some of those rules are Felonies.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yep.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  You're starting to sound more like MM each day, OBP. WaPo tried valiently? Really! They didn't have to try oh brainwashed one, it was Cohen's own testimony, testimony that the prosecutors claimed to have corroborating evidence of when asked of them by the Judge. Seriously, no wonder you people believe in fake news, it's seems to be the only news that you listen to.
                  Are you saying the the Washington Post (Express) is fake news? It's normally first news I see each day (once in a while, I'll catch an NPR update on the radio first).
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    So Cohen is going to be sentenced for something that is not a crime?
                    Actually, that is not unheard of. He can agree to plead guilty to virtually anything the prosecutors tell him they want him to do and since he plead guilty there won't be any examination of whether the charge has any basis in reality or not.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Sure he is ... and I have some beach front property in Arizona I can sell you really cheap ...
                    Here?
                    Last edited by rogue06; 08-22-2018, 01:13 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• It is odd that the word collusion is being tossed around like turds in a barnyard fight, but the word does not occur in the orders to the Special Investigation Counsel.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                        So Cohen is going to be sentenced for something that is not a crime?
                        It's like this: Cohen is screwed on 6 of the 8 charges related to tax avoidance and bank fraud. Those could put him away for life on their own. The 7th charge is not quite as solid but still viable. So the prosecution comes to Cohen with a deal: "Plead guilty to this one other charge, and we'll reduce your sentence from 60-years down to 3 or 4." Do you really think Cohen was going to pass up that deal even if he knew the 8th charge was bogus?

Comment

It's like this: Cohen is screwed on 6 of the 8 charges related to tax avoidance and bank fraud. Those could put him away for life on their own. The 7th charge is not quite as solid but still viable. So the prosecution comes to Cohen with a deal: "Plead guilty to this one other charge, and we'll reduce your sentence from 60-years down to 3 or 4." Do you really think Cohen was going to pass up that deal even if he knew the 8th charge was bogus?
                          Keep hoping mm. Keeping in mind the prosecution has documents, texts and recordings to confirm cohens pleas I tend think it unlikely he could get away with much in the way of exaggeration. But even if you are correct, Trump has surrounded himself with criminals because he is a criminal. He has no filter, he believes himself above the law. It's just a matter of time.

Jim

Comment

And you believe that the state is doing this deal with Cohen, why? Because D Trump and his band of thieving con men whispered "deep state" into in your naive ear?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              And you believe that the state is doing this deal with Cohen, why? Because D Trump and his band of thieving con men whispered "deep state" into in your naive ear?
                              ...and of course Trump never lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                And you believe that the state is doing this deal with Cohen, why?
                                It's essentially a theatrical performance orchestrated by Mueller to falsely implicate Trump. Why else would the prosecution seek a plea deal in which Cohen receives a drastically reduced sentence in exchange for pleading guilty to something that even the FEC does not view as a crime and for which Cohen's own attorney says there is no corroborating evidence? It's very simple, they made Cohen an offer he literally couldn't refuse: "Either tell us what we want to hear, or spend the rest of your life in prison." It was a shrewd play by the prosecutors because getting a guilty plea means that they get to advance the liberal narrative without their bogus charge being tested in court.

Comment