Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Britain's Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain's Terror

Here is an article on Britain's youngest would-be female terrorist. The last sentence in the article states:

How did the UK get this bad?

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
    Here is an article on Britain's youngest would-be female terrorist. The last sentence in the article states:

Religious ideology is the problem...and it's everywhere. There have been 60 Terrorist Plots since 9/11 in the USA...mostly home-grown.

https://www.heritage.org/terrorism/r...unterterrorism.

But the UK doesn't have the gross underlying violence and gun massacres which is endemic to the US. There have been nearly as many US mass shootings as days in 2018.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...is-year-2018-2

Comment

... It isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        ... It isn't?
        And if they hadn't been successful every month?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Religious ideology is the problem...and it's everywhere.
          And atheistic societies or governments have revealed themselves to be Utopias

And don't forget Pol Pot and the Kims in North Korea.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

... It isn't?
            I think New media everywhere exaggerate the threat to sell more advertising and papers.

If someone in the UK reads about shootings in the USA they probably think we are all in some wild west movie or national gang war.

Comment

Bad immigration policy.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And atheistic societies or governments have revealed themselves to be Utopias

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29502[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]29503[/ATTACH]

And don't forget Pol Pot and the Kims in North Korea.

Pssssshhhhhh... they were just good ol' boys tryin' to have a little fun.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I think New media everywhere exaggerate the threat to sell more advertising and papers.

If someone in the UK reads about shootings in the USA they probably think we are all in some wild west movie or national gang war.
                  Or if they get their information from an extreme leftist anarchist, they think all America is evil.

Comment

... It isn't?
                    Every month. There is a problem. Your nation has allowed Islamic extremism to become entrenched, and you will be reminded of that time and again, unfortunately. I don't see this sort of entrenched extremism festering in other nations. What broke in the UK?

Comment

Every month. There is a problem. Your nation has allowed Islamic extremism to become entrenched, and you will be reminded of that time and again, unfortunately. I don't see this sort of entrenched extremism festering in other nations. What broke in the UK?
                      So you think you know better than the poster who actually lives in the UK?

There have been three domestic terror incidents near where I live recently, though one was foiled. None of the perpetrators were Muslims. Two of the incidents targeted Muslims, the other targeted Jews. Based on that, using your logic, one could argue that Kansas was overrun by right wing terrorist ideology, and some people have, but I know that's not actually true. So give the actual Brit's word a thought.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        So you think you know better than the poster who actually lives in the UK?
                        There are quite a few Brit's who disagree with evoUK. Indeed, many Brit's living in the UK are highlighting the systemic Islamic extremism that is festering in various communities. These "Islamic ghettos" are producing Islamic terrorism. You do acknowledge that there has been quite a bit of Islamic terrorism in the UK, yes?

There have been three domestic terror incidents near where I live recently, though one was foiled. None of the perpetrators were Muslims. Two of the incidents targeted Muslims, the other targeted Jews. Based on that, using your logic, one could argue that Kansas was overrun by right wing terrorist ideology, and some people have, but I know that's not actually true. So give the actual Brit's word a thought.
                        You bringing up another problem doesn't diminish the problem of Islamic terror in the UK, that remains a constant threat.

Comment

Comment

There are quite a few Brit's who disagree with evoUK. Indeed, many Brit's living in the UK are highlighting the systemic Islamic extremism that is festering in various communities. These "Islamic ghettos" are producing Islamic terrorism. You do acknowledge that there has been quite a bit of Islamic terrorism in the UK, yes?

You bringing up another problem doesn't diminish the problem of Islamic terror in the UK, that remains a constant threat.
                            It's a "constant threat" anywhere, like any number of things. But it's not one I'd lose sleep over if there, like how I don't lose sleep over the prospect of getting shot in the US despite the international media highlighting gun violence as a constant issue in the US (which some non-US members on here have picked up on ). The purpose of my post was to see if you would extend the same measure regarding domestic terrorism within the US that you do in the UK. You were not willing to do that.

And, no, I don't acknowledge that the UK is a constant war zone. For perspective, more people have been killed in school shootings in the US than have been killed by Islamic terrorists in the UK in the last few years according to a quick comparison of Googled statistics.
                            Last edited by KingsGambit; 08-04-2018, 04:24 PM.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Islamic terrorism is a thing now across a lot of countries, and as KingsGambit says, a sense of perspective is helpful, and stops one being so scared of the improbable as you seem to be.

You still haven't specified why you seem to think it's a particular issue in the UK over other countries for example- but you're right, there are some islamophobes here, unfortunately. But again that's not unique to the UK either...

Comment