Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump bans reporter for 'asking the wrong questions'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Obama was colluding with Macron when he helped Macron in the French election by endorsing him in public. It was not illegal.
    And Hillary colluded with the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on Paul Manafort, but liberals are apparently fine with that.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      That wasn't collusion, MM, that was diplomacy.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Did you read the entire article?

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The liberal position on this is rather curious:

A media machinine that is in the back pocket of the Democrat party and willing to spread their lies and propaganda? No problem! A president that's willing to call them out for it? Tyrant!

It's ok, it's not like I expect liberals to be rational.
          If, unlike Breitart and Fox, the "media machine" objectively reports on Trump's lies and back-flips it is disseminating vital information; it is NOT the "enemy of the people". It is providing an essential service to the people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            If, unlike Breitart and Fox, the "media machine" objectively reports on Trump's lies and back-flips it is disseminating vital information; it is NOT the "enemy of the people". It is providing an essential service to the people.
            You are assuming a degree of competence and objectivity from the mainstream media that is not in evidence. The reason the liberal media is having a heck of a time shaking the "fake news" label is because it's accurate. The vast majority of their reporting on Trump is negative when you would expect organizations committed to the truth to be more in the 50/50 range of positive versus negative stories.

Comment

You are assuming a degree of competence and objectivity from the mainstream media that is not in evidence. The reason the liberal media is having a heck of a time shaking the "fake news" label is because it's accurate. The vast majority of their reporting on Trump is negative when you would expect organizations committed to the truth to be more in the 50/50 range of positive versus negative stories.
              That's an interesting point - it seems like every time Trump doubles down on "fake news", somebody in the MSM will do something really stupid or be exposed has having reported a bogus story, or, as in the case of the NYT, hire a leftist racist while denouncing racism....

I think the MSM is their own worst enemy.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• For that matter, news stories shouldn't even be easily categorized as positive or negative. Rather, they should simply report the facts as completely as possible and dispense with the commentary and "analysis".

Comment

For that matter, news stories shouldn't even be easily categorized as positive or negative. Rather, they should simply report the facts as completely as possible and dispense with the commentary and "analysis".
                  Unpossible. They have 24 hours a day to fill.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You are assuming a degree of competence and objectivity from the mainstream media that is not in evidence.
                    It is in evidence. CNN have representatives from all sides on its discussion panels and its news programs are comparable to non-involved independent foreign news channels such as the BBC and Australia's ABC. The lack of competence and objectivity is on Trump's side not the non-Trumpian MSM.

The reason the liberal media is having a heck of a time shaking the "fake news" label is because it's accurate. The vast majority of their reporting on Trump is negative when you would expect organizations committed to the truth to be more in the 50/50 range of positive versus negative stories.
                    https://www.newyorker.com/news/lette...-is-on-purpose

Comment

• Why would an actual independent MSN give a 50/50 reporting of positives and negatives? It would surely be a function of the administration or POTUS itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                        Why would an actual independent MSN give a 50/50 reporting of positives and negatives? It would surely be a function of the administration or POTUS itself.
                        Why would an actual independent MSN present only one side if they were truly independent and not the mouthpiece for that one side?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          It is in evidence. CNN have representatives from all sides on its discussion panels and its news programs are comparable to non-involved independent foreign news channels such as the BBC and Australia's ABC.
                          The boy is drinking the kool-aid by the gallon!

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                            Why would an actual independent MSN give a 50/50 reporting of positives and negatives? It would surely be a function of the administration or POTUS itself.
                            Which is why I said:

For that matter, news stories shouldn't even be easily categorized as positive or negative. Rather, they should simply report the facts as completely as possible and dispense with the commentary and "analysis".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The boy is drinking the kool-aid by the gallon!
                              Oh the devastating riposte.

The question is why Trump's pet Evangelicals would believe a pathological, compulsive liar like Trump when he claims the media is "fake".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                The question is why Trump's pet Evangelicals
                                Yup, you're becoming more and more like Trump all the time.

Comment