Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Progressives Deploy Religious Ignorance and Bigotry to Stop Amy Coney Barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Why is she spooky?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Why is she spooky?

I suspect he's aiming for "Christian."
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I suspect he's aiming for "Christian."
          I thought we did not have a religious test to hold office...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I thought we did not have a religious test to hold office...
            FF is a furriner (and trollong, as per usual).
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post

As an atheist progressive I could hardly care less whether or not 'God' was in the Democratic platform. Having or not having the word 'God' in there equates to absolutely nothing in terms of concrete results and political policies, virtually nobody reads the platforms anyway, and it's irrelevant because the US has separation of religion and state.
              It does however serve to expose as false that Democrats (or at least their leaders) are mostly Christian.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, you want a good reliable left wing atheist like this protector of the people for a position like that.

00000000000000ars1d.jpg
                Last edited by rogue06; 07-03-2018, 02:00 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Yeah, you want a good reliable left wing atheist like this protector of the people for a position like that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28683[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28684[/ATTACH]
                  Pelosi wouldn't swoon at a right-winger, what are you talking about
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It does however serve to expose as false that Democrats (or at least their leaders) are mostly Christian.
                    The same seems to go for Republicans based on their shameless use of scripture to support absurdities and their general willingness to support these shameless absurdities. At best it makes a good case for showing that pointing to Christianity in politics certainly does not guarantee anything good or just or actually Christian for that matter.

Comment

Do you actually believe such lies? I'm not certain whether you've posted this as parody or as something we're supposed to think is serious.
                      Meanwhile, yesterday morning on MSNBC's Morning Joe program an entire segment was devoted to attacking and ridiculing her faith. I'm sure the same thing would happen if she said she was a Muslim

I consume a lot of US progressive media and I can tell you...
                      as you said
                      Why do you read such garbage?

No wonder you have such a bizarre twisted view of what life is like in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        The same seems to go for Republicans based on their shameless use of scripture to support absurdities and their general willingness to support these shameless absurdities. At best it makes a good case for showing that pointing to Christianity in politics certainly does not guarantee anything good or just or actually Christian for that matter.
                        Yeah, that little rant is exactly the same as trying to exclude any mention of God.

They took three voice votes trying to get it put back in with nearly every account agreeing that the "Nos" were louder (the only debate was by how much) when the leadership, knowing how poorly this was playing, summarily decided to declare that the "ayes have it" and reinstated it.

Comment

Why is she spooky?
                          Profoundly superstitious cult member.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 07-03-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that little rant is exactly the same as trying to exclude any mention of God.
                            At least they could have had the decency of not mentioning God or misuse scripture to support ideas and policies that are obviously not Christian. Even the harshest atheist could not have hurt the credibility of Evangelicals more than they did themselves. So, excluding any mention of God would have been a rather good idea since they are not really Christians when it all comes down.

Comment

Rush said today that he heard that she is at the top of the list. This would be a donnybrook!
                              Where did he say that? Looking for it, all I can find is this

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Where did he say that? Looking for it, all I can find is this
                                I could have heard it wrong, I was on the phone at the time.

Personally, my prediction is Amul Thapar, but we can't know until Monday.
                                I read his bio, very impressive, but so is Barrett.

Comment