Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Sad Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    She's just being herself!
    She does have a sordid history for excusing violence so I wouldn't be too surprised if by "pushing back" she means like James Hodgkinson pushed back.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      In this day and age - I do not trust anything with a single source.
      Yeah... But HIS source was (AFAICT) part of Sarah's own group. How would one go about verifying the story, especially if, as some have averred elsewhere in the thread, the town was very Hilary-friendly? (Even those relatives were liberals, not Trump-supporters.)
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I support the business owner's right to refuse service to whoever they want to.
        Would you support the "right" of a business owner to refuse service to blacks? Or Jews?

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Would you support the "right" of a business owner to refuse service to blacks? Or Jews?
          A) How would you know a customer is a Jew?
          2) In this social media world, a business wouldn't last long refusing service to blacks. The likes of Maxine Waters would have them mobbed and looted.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Of course, no man should be forced by law to serve another.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Yeah... But HIS source was (AFAICT) part of Sarah's own group. How would one go about verifying the story, especially if, as some have averred elsewhere in the thread, the town was very Hilary-friendly? (Even those relatives were liberals, not Trump-supporters.)
              I would look for the same story coming from a different source. Someone who was actually at the party, a waiter in the restaurant, an observer on the street, etc. I'm not finding anything. Zip. It makes me wonder just how much this is a made up (or exaggerated) story by Mr. Huckabee in defense of his daughter, or perhaps he has incorrectly related a story someone else told him. Also, do live in an age where our leaders are fabricating events on a regular basis (while, ironically, claiming everyone else is publishing "fake news"). That being said, I don't know that Huckabee is making false claims either. All I have is hearsay evidence from Sarah's father.

So the best I can say is, "I don't have enough information to come to a conclusion about what most likely happened."
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

A) How would you know a customer is a Jew?
                2) In this social media world, a business wouldn't last long refusing service to blacks. The likes of Maxine Waters would have them mobbed and looted.
                You mean like the threats being made to the other Red Hen stores...?
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

You got something in your eye? Perhaps a log or something?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Was it a sitting republican or conservative congressman or senator who advocated the assaults on these stores?

Comment

I would look for the same story coming from a different source. Someone who was actually at the party, a waiter in the restaurant, an observer on the street, etc. I'm not finding anything. Zip. It makes me wonder just how much this is a made up (or exaggerated) story by Mr. Huckabee in defense of his daughter, or perhaps he has incorrectly related a story someone else told him. Also, do live in an age where our leaders are fabricating events on a regular basis (while, ironically, claiming everyone else is publishing "fake news"). That being said, I don't know that Huckabee is making false claims either. All I have is hearsay evidence from Sarah's father.

So the best I can say is, "I don't have enough information to come to a conclusion about what most likely happened."

Watch the video at 1:20. The owner of the place they went to confirms the story.

Comment

You got something in your eye? Perhaps a log or something?
                        Nahh.... 20/20 vision...

Comment

Was it a sitting republican or conservative congressman or senator who advocated the assaults on these stores?
                          I actually have not followed the news - so I don't know if anyone advocated or spoke against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Watch the video at 1:20. The owner of the place they went to confirms the story.
                            That is pretty vague language. He simply says, "just say it, don't scream at people or follow them." It's unclear to me if he was talking about something they specifically did, or a general observation that people shouldn't do that. It does seem odd that he would say that if they didn't actually do it, but then again - I have been on several newscasts where what I said was surgically extracted and the result was not what I intended. So this appears to support Huckabee, lending credence to his claim. I'd feel better to hear someone say, "the people from the Red Hen did X after Sarah left their place." So far, I only have Huckabee's statement and this somewhat vague, possible, confirmation. I guess I conclude "the case is stronger," but I'd be happier with a stronger confirmation.

Comment

That is pretty vague language. He simply says, "just say it, don't scream at people or follow them." It's unclear to me if he was talking about something they specifically did, or a general observation that people shouldn't do that. It does seem odd that he would say that if they didn't actually do it, but then again - I have been on several newscasts where what I said was surgically extracted and the result was not what I intended. So this appears to support Huckabee, lending credence to his claim. I'd feel better to hear someone say, "the people from the Red Hen did X after Sarah left their place." So far, I only have Huckabee's statement and this somewhat vague, possible, confirmation. I guess I conclude "the case is stronger," but I'd be happier with a stronger confirmation.
                              Your skills at splitting hairs and ignoring evidence are ninja level.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 06-27-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I actually have not followed the news - so I don't know if anyone advocated or spoke against it.
                                Yet, you had to weigh in.... in ignorance?

Comment