Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is the US government good for our health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Oh, I forgot, you said you work for a big law firm. Maybe some of its clients are 1) some government or governments, 2) some drug firm or firms, 3)some PR/lobby firm or firms. You do admit that there are such things as sleazy lobby firms? Now, I'm not saying that your firm is sleazy, but lawyers tend to have clients who are morally inferior to them, right?
    Yay!!! I made Truthseeker Conspiracy status!

Comment

• Mish Shedrock says this report http://www.philadelphiafed.org/resea...14/bos0814.cfm shows the "stunning failure of Obamacare." Note, for example, the massive increase in insurance deductibles.

Heh, Sparko would have to accuse the Philly Fed of being a conspiracy nut, would he? Nah, too smart to expose himself as a real gone nut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Yay!!! I made Truthseeker Conspiracy status!
        Call when you get accused of not being a 'true Christian'.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Mish Shedrock says this report http://www.philadelphiafed.org/resea...14/bos0814.cfm shows the "stunning failure of Obamacare." Note, for example, the massive increase in insurance deductibles.

Heh, Sparko would have to accuse the Philly Fed of being a conspiracy nut, would he? Nah, too smart to expose himself as a real gone nut.
          Obamacare isn't a conspiracy. It's just stupid liberal politics.

Comment

You don't know the history of the legislative wrangling that led to the passage of Obamacare. Look, there doesn't have to be an explicit agreement between conspirators. You don't know that companies especially insurance companies did most of the crafting of the law, and surely 900+ pages contain plenty of goodies for many other special-interest entities also.

Don't blame just stupid liberals! Blame special interest entities also!

Comment

• Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

Dr Joseph Mercola http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-vaccines.aspxhttp://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-vaccines.aspx
              Unfortunately I do not know specific statistics, but I can point out that in general the U.S. people is significantly less healthy than many of the world's peoples.
              Last edited by Truthseeker; 08-26-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

Of course you should not rely solely on the advice you find in this thread or as a result of reading it.

Some of you may be wondering, what alternative do I have to Big Medicine? Here's one possibility for you to investigate:
                "[One of my investment advisors'] editorialist extraordinaire, Emily Donohue, just sent me this online holistic doctor search tool http://www.holisticmedicine.org/AF_p....asp?version=1

Comment

Disclaimer: "Buyer beware!" The government should have made the market a honest place, but that caveat is still necessary. The risks that you decide to take on are solely your responsibility. Whatever advice you take from my posts here has to be treated with due diligence. I cannot guarantee that I will never make a mistake, but your health or that of your dependents is still solely your responsibility.

Of course you should not rely solely on the advice you find in this thread or as a result of reading it.

Some of you may be wondering, what alternative do I have to Big Medicine? Here's one possibility for you to investigate:
                  "[One of my investment advisors'] editorialist extraordinaire, Emily Donohue, just sent me this online holistic doctor search tool http://www.holisticmedicine.org/AF_p....asp?version=1 . Use it to find doctors near you who understand there’s more to medicine than just drugs and surgery."
                  Because using witch doctors and crystals work so well?

Comment

Why do you say that? Did you try the search tool and find a witch doctor who uses crystals? Also, you believe most allopathic doctors can really help keep us healthy . . . oh, maybe you didn't know that the USA pays the most per capita on health care, yet ranks something like 20th among nations.

Comment

The witch doctors (sangomas) from where I grew up tended to use things like vulture brains (to tell the future), various body parts to do things like help your business be successful and recommend things like having sex with a virgin to cure you of HIV/AIDS (which is how there have been a number of cases of feral degenerates gang raping infants in South Africa)

They didn't go in for crystals so much.
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

To be fair to Truthseeker, the charge that the success of Obamacare is due in no small part to the insurance companies wanting that success to happen very, very, badly strikes me as essentially accurate:

Originally posted by DrRich
                        the American health insurance industry supported Obamacare from the very beginning (and continues to do so) because the President’s plan offers them a graceful exit strategy from their now-defunct business model. Without Obamacare, the health insurance industry was headed toward sure oblivion. With Obamacare, they are headed toward – something else.
                        Incompetent or not, the guvment still has money, and lots of non-incompetent businesses want that money, and will conspire to get it as creatively as possible.

Comment

Some quotes from an article by Brad Lemley today, "The Basic Problem With GMOs (And How to Avoid Them)" with one annotation by me:
                          Source: Laissez Faire Club

The science of epigenetics has made it abundantly clear that the genome behaves more like an ecosystem, in which every gene interacts in complex, dynamic, unpredictable ways with every other gene.

© Copyright Original Source

"Unpredictable!" Why assume that interspecies gene transfer will have benefits outweighing bad effects?
                          Source: Laissez Faire Club

If your daughter is allergic to fish, will she go into anaphylactic shock after you unwittingly serve her fishberries?

© Copyright Original Source

There are at least 10 studies showing the danger of GMO food: http://www.collective-evolution.com/...-human-health/

Comment

• Beware of GMO vegetarian zombies!

Comment

• Actually, Sparko, zombies are much less menacing than GMO grains themselves. You're paranoid of the wrong things.

Comment

The local hospital is planning to close its adult day health care program before 2015. The first reason the hospital cited was the burdens Obamacare imposed on it.

Comment