Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do you defend Trump's infidelity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    You want to talk about Benghazi without first doing the reading.

That's cute.
    This from guy who wanted to talk about 'Benghazi conspiracy theory', who gave summary that it was about 'murdering'.

Very cute!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

It's that the conspiracy theorists have taken over the presidency.
      Demi hasn't heard 'Russia Russia Russia!!!!' from you recently, taken off tinfoil hat yet???

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You criticize "yellow journalism" and then link to an opinion piece by one of the yellowest "journalists" in the industry, published in one of the yellowest rags on the market today.

You can't make this up.

Although I suppose it's possible you were being deliberately ironic. It's hard to tell with liberals.
        Let's not pretend you're interested in unbiased journalism.

Or facts.

Cohen is a columnist, not a journalist. Neither am I a liberal, nor, in case it needs expanding, have I ever been a Democrat. What I am is a non-partisan displaced conservative, and in the wake of the Trump takeover of the Republican party, I've got plenty of company.

Breitbart et al.'s attacks on the mainstream media are distasteful, but to be expected, because when you can't defend your own work, there aren't a lot of other options.

And so long as you're using them as a source, you're in a poor position to engage in media criticism. Because parroting lies, even if they're not your own, makes you a liar, too, and their lack of credibility becomes yours as well.

Comment

Let's not pretend you're interested in unbiased journalism.

Or facts.

Cohen is a columnist, not a journalist. Neither am I a liberal, nor, in case it needs expanding, have I ever been a Democrat. What I am is a non-partisan displaced conservative, and in the wake of the Trump takeover of the Republican party, I've got plenty of company.

Breitbart et al.'s attacks on the mainstream media are distasteful, but to be expected, because when you can't defend your own work, there aren't a lot of other options.

And so long as you're using them as a source, you're in a poor position to engage in media criticism. Because parroting lies, even if they're not your own, makes you a liar, too, and their lack of credibility becomes yours as well.
          This from the guy who linked to an opinion piece by the disreputable Roger Cohen and published in the disreputable New York Times.

Come on, you're just trolling us, right?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

... displaced conservative ...
            Pre-Reagan.

I stayed true to the conservative view of arithmetic.

Reagan didn't.

Comment

This from the guy who linked to an opinion piece by the disreputable Roger Cohen and published in the disreputable New York Times.

Come on, you're just trolling us, right?
              Again, this is fundamentally dishonest. Any attack on bias needs to be based on an interest in unbiased journalism. Otherwise, it's just butt-covering your poor media choices.

Comment

Tu quoque

Comment

Again, this is fundamentally dishonest. Any attack on bias needs to be based on an interest in unbiased journalism. Otherwise, it's just butt-covering your poor media choices.
                  This from the guy who linked to an opinion piece by the disreputable Roger Cohen and published in the disreputable New York Times!

I'm sorry, man, but this just keeps getting funnier!
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Benghazi.

As in, yet another conspiracy theory accusing her of murdering yet another friend.

I mean, really.

It gets old.
                    I must admit, that's a new spin on the story for me. As far as I can tell, the ultimate responsibility for Benghazi rested with her then-boss; it was the typical Clintonian obfuscation/stonewalling afterward that got her so firmly tied to it.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      it was the typical Clintonian obfuscation/stonewalling afterward that got her so firmly tied to it.
                      Also typical Clinton lying about 'youtube video caused it'.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I must admit, that's a new spin on the story for me. As far as I can tell, the ultimate responsibility for Benghazi rested with her then-boss; it was the typical Clintonian obfuscation/stonewalling afterward that got her so firmly tied to it.
                        Stonewalling and obfuscation on what?

Her plan to kill Stevens?

Feel free to be first handing out an alternative to that. No idea what she's covering up, but sure she must be, doesn't cut it.

Credit where it's due. What tied her to Benghazi were the endless half-baked right wing media conspiracies, composed for an audience so forgiving of any attempt to nail her on something illicit, illegal, immoral, or fattening, they never bothered to detail exactly what it was supposed to be they were going to hang her for.

They actually accused her of issuing a stand-down order. As if she'd have a reason for that.

Other than the obvious, her plan to kill Stevens.

There's not a lot of other places to go on this.

The hatred was so intense on Hillary, it squeezed out all critical thought. It was just say Benghazi and nod. You know, I read the preacher calling her "evil." No troubling for explanation, because who cares about because, or basic civility, or granting even the most basic benefit of the doubt, that she was doing a tough job as best she could, and sometimes bad things happen.

Like the embassy attacks actually carried out by al Qaeda under Bill. Or the other 9/11 under W.

It's disingenuous to blame Hillary for the endless nature of the hearings after it became clear they were being drawn out for political purposes. The Gowdy hearings had no other objective than to drop her poll numbers, and finishing early would get in the way of that. It's not like they uncovered anything the seven previous investigations hadn't uncovered.

Could security measures have been better managed. Sure. As we knew from the other seven investigations. They could have had a more secure, and fire resistant, safe room, for one. But local security arrangements were on Stevens, which was as it should have been, because he had the best view of the local situation, being on the ground, and certainly a better view than anyone at Foggy Bottom.

In the normal course of events, security at our embassies and diplomatic compounds is the responsibility of the host country. Post-Gaddafi, that wasn't an option, so he arranged security with the local militias, which was as close as anyone could get to a host government.

The only thing Clinton could have done to prevent Steven's death in Benghazi was to forbid Stevens from going there. Ultimately, you have to trust your people and support their decisions.

The present administration's antics notwithstanding.

You were wondering how I'd bring this back to Trump's infidelity, weren't you.

Comment

This from the guy who linked to an opinion piece by the disreputable Roger Cohen and published in the disreputable New York Times!

I'm sorry, man, but this just keeps getting funnier!
                          Are you able to name this particular fallacy, Mountain Man? Or do you need help?

Comment

Stonewalling and obfuscation on what?

Her plan to kill Stevens?
                            I guess I live a sheltered life - I never heard this proposed as a "plan to kill Stevens".
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where are all the unbeliever votes?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The one "yes" vote is from Whag. Probably either a joke or attempt to disrupt the poll.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment