Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voter Suppression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, we can understand why picking one's self up by their own bootstraps is a foreign concept to you.
    No, its not foriegn to me CP, I've lived and have been fortunate enough to survive on my own since I was 17. So again you speak while having no idea of what you are talking about.

Talk about PROFOUND IGNORANCE!!!!! We DON'T "go the military" to get HELP, Jimmy. That is a legitimate CONSTITUTIONAL purpose of government. We go there to SERVE, and in the process, there are some great benefits.

One of the reasons we served was to protect the freedoms of dumbclucks like you to make incredibly asinine assumptions like the Military being a "government program" to "assist" us.
    Oh is that right CP? Then why don't you go back and see why it was that Lilpix said she decided to enlist. She didn't do it to SERVE, she did it because she needed a job and an education just like many others in her situation do. I didn't say that the military was created to assist us, I said that was the reason Lilpix gave for enlisting herself. And btw, get off your high horse with the Constitution will you, its not writ in stone, its not sacred, and the founding fathers were not Gods, nor were they stupid enough like you and yours are to believe that it was writ in stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No, its not foriegn to me CP, I've lived and have been fortunate enough to survive on my own since I was 17.
      My apologies, Jimmy -- you just SPEAK like a moocher. (And it's "foreign", not foriegn )

So again you speak while having no idea of what you are talking about.
      AGAIN? You WISH!

Oh is that right CP? Then why don't you go back and see why it was that Lilpix said she decided to enlist. She didn't do it to SERVE, she did it because she needed a job and an education just like many others in her situation do.
      A JOB, Jimmy -- not a handout. It is SERVICE in exchange for the benefits, not just sitting on your doofus collecting a check.

I didn't say that the military was created to assist us, I said that was the reason Lilpix gave for enlisting herself.
      Oh, YEAH? Here's YOUR words, Jimmy:
      Good thing you had that government program called the military to assist you.
      YOU called it a "government program".

And btw, get off your high horse with the Constitution will you, its not writ in stone, its not sacred, and the founding fathers were not Gods, nor were they stupid enough like you and yours are to believe that it was writ in stone.

YOU, calling ME stupid? That's like Peewee Herman calling the Incredible Hulk WEAK!

You're always good for entertainment, Jimmy.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My point is Lilpix that if republicans actually new what it was they were voting for they'd be voting for democrats.
        And yet, when the democrats were in total control and could have put their views into motion, they failed to do it and instead decided to ram obamacare down the throats of American's (even though the majority were not for it) and where subsequently voted out of office because of it. Sorry Jimmy, they had their chance to prove themselves and they failed to do it. Of course, they have idiots (aka you) convinced that they are all for you, even though their own actions do not support that view.

Not all of them mind you, there are certainly many who do understand the issues and vote the sociopaths in anyway, because they actually agree with the anti government sociopathic agenda.
        And what is the 'anti government sociopathic agenda' or is that a cool buzz phrase you heard and decided to repeat it because you're a mindless drone that just listens to whatever MSNBC tells him, without question.

Btw, OWS was generally a peaceful demonstration in which a few nut jobs infiltrated to do violent things. On the other hand you have the far right wing, including the talking head propagandists, which seems to be running your party right now, actual promote violence. OWS doesn't have militia's ready to shoot at government law enforcers such as we see in the case of the hypocritical welfare cowboy case of Mr. Bundy. There is a sick element, once promoted by, and now running your republican party and hopefully good and decent republicans will soon wake up to that fact and run them out of office. And BTW you should watch MSNBC once in a while, you might learn something other than the propagandist anti government lies coming from the right wing echo chamber.
        Here goes Jimmy foaming at the mouth again. Yeah Jimmy, they were so peaceful, as they tore up public places with their trash, were caught doing pubic sex acts, and had more than a few times that they tried to cover up crimes committed within their group. Don't worry though, you'll quickly blame republicans for all the ills of the world because they are 'conservative' and obviously, anybody and everybody who calls themselves conservatives, MUST be republicans and it MUST be the republicans fault, no matter what they actually say or believe. Go ahead Jimmy, presented hard and factual evidence that the majority of republicans actually support anti government militia's.

BTW I tend to avoid all the 24 hour news services because they tend to stream propaganda that you eat up. I have been forced to watch one of them though when I have to go and visit an office on base because news or sports is generally the only things they show on their TV's.
        Yeah, many of them would like to benefit from those programs, the problem is that at the same time they vote into office the very people who abhore those programs and want nothing more than to end them. Bush tried to privatize social security, remember? What would have been the result if democrats didn't stop him from doing that Lilpix? Any idea? Well the republican unregulated Big Banks would have gotten that much wealthier and social security recipients out on the street.
        Trying to privatize social security is not the same as getting rid of it idiot. Did you actually READ the links I gave you or do you still believe people shouldn't benefit from programs they pay into?

No, thats not about right you idiot. I have been fortunate enough not to need any government assistence myself other than unemployment insurance once in my life. Thats the problem with the way you think Lilpix, you think that anyone who supports the efficacy of a social safety net must be ripping of the system. Thats not the case, we just understand that everyone is not as fortunate and some need more help than others. I have never complained about paying taxes for those reasons. Republicans, you know, the so called Christian party, seem to have a problem with paying taxes that benifit the poor, they don't seem to mind electing politicians that give their money away to wealthy corporations for no good reason though.
        No Jimmy, I am doing what you do. Assume the worst about people who disagree with you and assume, without a single piece of evidence, that they must be what I don't care for. In your case, you assume, without any evidence at all, that I must not support X programs, despite the fact I have not once actually said I agree with the republican views on many of these issues, but you ignore that and just keep saying I support these views anyway; no matter what I have said. So I did the same thing you do. I assumed you were a mucher that was trying to always take from the government because you want to assume the worst about me. What's the problem Jimmy, are you the only one that is allowed to assume the worst about anybody who dares to disagree with you?

You may not want to banish social programs Lilpix, but you're to stupid to realize that the republican party wants to banish them and has wanted to do so ever since the democratic party made them law. Why do you think all of these programs were fought for and established by democrats against republican backlash Lilpix? Take a stab at it.
        I do? Go ahead Jimmy, quote me where I said I want to banish social programs or yet again, are you ASSUMING, without any evidence, the worst about me because you're too stupid to figure out that I'm not a republican and I do not support EVERYTHING the republicans say and do? So I am free to assume that you want these government programs because you need them to survive. Am I correct or is only Jimmy boy able to assume the worst about those who disagree with him?

BS Lilpix, it was to insure that the Big Banks ate up the social security trust fund, how would that have restored trust in the system? You see their ways of destruction need be subtle otherwise they wouldn't get the support of their naive constituents.
        That's right... because the republicans are pure evil because Jimmy boy said so and by golly, if Jimmy says it, it must be true! Does that mean my husband is pure evil too because he has a 401K that is though the 'big banks'?

Its "whether" you agree not "rather" Lilpix. Not that I care to point out your faults, just your hypocracy. But anyway, changing them is a farce, they want to end them, because they don't believe in government, or haven't you figured that out yet?
        Oh yeah Jimmy, pick out people's grammar errors when you don't even know the difference between new and knew and don't know how to spell hypocrisy. Oh, the irony where you try to correct people's spelling and grammar when you don't even know how to use proper spelling and grammar. Now again, quote me where I said I agree with EVERYTHING the republicans do or let me guess, you ASSUME without any evidence at all, that I must be a republican because I dare to point out the bad things democrats do because you're black/white fundy brain is incapable of seeing shades of gray between republican and democrat?

There you go again "aren't I wonderful" I don't need government support so screw everyone else that for whatever reason does. Keep pouring that Kool-aid Lilpix.
        Well, unfortunately I haven't the time to answer the rest of your long and so far shallow rant at the moment. If I have time to waste later I will get back to it.
        Oh yeah Jimmy because talking about a government program, that a tiny fraction of the population has signed up for (and we still haven't heard how many people actually have paid their first months premium) is such a terrible thing. Keep getting those kool-aid tanker truck deliveries there Jimmy Boy.
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 04-26-2014, 04:18 PM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Oh is that right CP? Then why don't you go back and see why it was that Lilpix said she decided to enlist. She didn't do it to SERVE, she did it because she needed a job and an education just like many others in her situation do. I didn't say that the military was created to assist us, I said that was the reason Lilpix gave for enlisting herself. And btw, get off your high horse with the Constitution will you, its not writ in stone, its not sacred, and the founding fathers were not Gods, nor were they stupid enough like you and yours are to believe that it was writ in stone.

Did the though ever enter your giant empty head that I might of had multiple reasons to join up, but I just picked out the most relevant reason, to this case, because the reason to serve and protect wasn't relevant to this conversation? Assume assume assume, is all you got, eh?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My point is Lilpix that if republicans actually new what it was they were voting for they'd be voting for democrats. Not all of them mind you, there are certainly many who do understand the issues and vote the sociopaths in anyway, because they actually agree with the anti government sociopathic agenda. Btw, OWS was generally a peaceful demonstration in which a few nut jobs infiltrated to do violent things. On the other hand you have the far right wing, including the talking head propagandists, which seems to be running your party right now, actual promote violence. OWS doesn't have militia's ready to shoot at government law enforcers such as we see in the case of the hypocritical welfare cowboy case of Mr. Bundy. There is a sick element, once promoted by, and now running your republican party and hopefully good and decent republicans will soon wake up to that fact and run them out of office. And BTW you should watch MSNBC once in a while, you might learn something other than the propagandist anti government lies coming from the right wing echo chamber.

Yeah, many of them would like to benefit from those programs, the problem is that at the same time they vote into office the very people who abhore those programs and want nothing more than to end them. Bush tried to privatize social security, remember? What would have been the result if democrats didn't stop him from doing that Lilpix? Any idea? Well the republican unregulated Big Banks would have gotten that much wealthier and social security recipients out on the street.

No, thats not about right you idiot. I have been fortunate enough not to need any government assistence myself other than unemployment insurance once in my life. Thats the problem with the way you think Lilpix, you think that anyone who supports the efficacy of a social safety net must be ripping of the system. Thats not the case, we just understand that everyone is not as fortunate and some need more help than others. I have never complained about paying taxes for those reasons. Republicans, you know, the so called Christian party, seem to have a problem with paying taxes that benifit the poor, they don't seem to mind electing politicians that give their money away to wealthy corporations for no good reason though.

You may not want to banish social programs Lilpix, but you're to stupid to realize that the republican party wants to banish them and has wanted to do so ever since the democratic party made them law. Why do you think all of these programs were fought for and established by democrats against republican backlash Lilpix? Take a stab at it.

BS Lilpix, it was to insure that the Big Banks ate up the social security trust fund, how would that have restored trust in the system? You see their ways of destruction need be subtle otherwise they wouldn't get the support of their naive constituents.

Its "whether" you agree not "rather" Lilpix. Not that I care to point out your faults, just your hypocracy. But anyway, changing them is a farce, they want to end them, because they don't believe in government, or haven't you figured that out yet?

There you go again "aren't I wonderful" I don't need government support so screw everyone else that for whatever reason does. Keep pouring that Kool-aid Lilpix.

Well, unfortunately I haven't the time to answer the rest of your long and so far shallow rant at the moment. If I have time to waste later I will get back to it.
            So, you don't have time to answer a "long and so far shallow rant", yet you respond with a for-REALY long and shallow rant, and promise you'll come back and do some more?

I can hardly wait.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Talk about PROFOUND IGNORANCE!!!!! We DON'T "go the military" to get HELP, Jimmy. That is a legitimate CONSTITUTIONAL purpose of government. We go there to SERVE, and in the process, there are some great benefits.
              I don't think Jimmy understands that it is possible to have several reasons to do something. I did join the military because of the great benefits it offers all its members, but I also like the aspect of serving to protect this country of ours. Many of my family members have served, in one capacity or another going back generations. I also like that aspect of going off and doing something my relatives did long ago too. I don't think Jimmy's black/white fundy brain is capable of processing that though...
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, you don't have time to answer a "long and so far shallow rant", yet you respond with a for-REALY long and shallow rant, and promise you'll come back and do some more?

I can hardly wait.
                And don't you like the part where he attacks me for a grammar error while his post is full of spelling and grammar errors?
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  And don't you like the part where he attacks me for a grammar error while his post is full of spelling and grammar errors?
                  He's just mad because I don't pick on you like I pick on him. And HE'S the one that thinks the government does such a wonderful job on everything, not you! (government school)

Comment

I don't think Jimmy understands that it is possible to have several reasons to do something. I did join the military because of the great benefits it offers all its members,
                    Well, YEAH, otherwise they would have a hard time getting ANYBODY to sign up!

but I also like the aspect of serving to protect this country of ours.
                    Liberal government suckups will never get that.

Many of my family members have served, in one capacity or another going back generations. I also like that aspect of going off and doing something my relatives did long ago too. I don't think Jimmy's black/white fundy brain is capable of processing that though...
                    Yup, my family has roots in the Army, where my Dad started out, but his outfit became part of the Army Air Corps, forerunner of the Air Force (not telling you anything YOU don't know ) but the rest of us seemed to gravitate toward the Navy and Marines.

Comment

He's just mad because I don't pick on you like I pick on him. And HE'S the one that thinks the government does such a wonderful job on everything, not you! (government school)
                      I did go to a public school, but I also have a college education too. Perhaps they fixed some of those public school education errors.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I did go to a public school, but I also have a college education too. Perhaps they fixed some of those public school education errors.
                        Well, I think public school served us pretty well til the liberals got hold of it in the 60's and started all their goofy social experimentation. I think that's why Jimmy is like he is.

Comment

Well, YEAH, otherwise they would have a hard time getting ANYBODY to sign up!
                          True, after all, who would sign up to spend time in the giant sand box without the benefits they offer?

Liberal government suckups will never get that.
                          Jimmy, in peculiar, doesn't either.

Yup, my family has roots in the Army, where my Dad started out, but his outfit became part of the Army Air Corps, forerunner of the Air Force (not telling you anything YOU don't know ) but the rest of us seemed to gravitate toward the Navy and Marines.
                          I know people who served in all branches. I have military members, who were members of the military going back to at least WWI where one of my great great grandfathers served in France during the war (we even have a picture of him in his uniform that he took before he left and gave to my great great grand mother) and I have at least one family member that has served in every war since than.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, I think public school served us pretty well til the liberals got hold of it in the 60's and started all their goofy social experimentation. I think that's why Jimmy is like he is.
                            Possible. Jimmy seems to be a pretty good example of what mindless propaganda does to a person.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Possible. Jimmy seems to be a pretty good example of what mindless propaganda does to a person.
                              I honestly don't think I know anybody quite as incredibly politically biased as he is.

Comment

• JimL is a parody of a hyper-liberal, right?

Comment