Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI raids Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I just find it a shame when a man President Trump is hauled through the mud for doing his job. I know it's just politics - but we SHOULD be better than that.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I have read the letter. Perhaps you could trouble yourself to point the specific crime that Bob Mueller was tasked with investigating?
      Mr. Mueller is tasked with investigating 1) any links between Russians interfering with the 2016 election and the Trump campaign (I stated earlier that Trump was not named, but his campaign was), 2) any illegalities uncovered in the course of those investigations, and 3) any obstruction.

I think it is fair to say that if the campaign organization of the candidate for the highest office in the land coordinated with a foreign power, especially one that we are regularly on opposing sides with, and especially one that the candidate has business interests in, we would be in the world of "illegal." Mueller was charged with determining if that was the case. Since then, there has been a steady trickle of people admitting to having lied about their engagement, remembering meetings with Russian representatives that they had earlier "forgotten," and we even had Trump himself dictating the language his son should use to deny a meeting that has been documented to have occurred.

There is an enormous amount of smoke here. I would like Mr. Mueller to complete his investigation and clear it up.
      Last edited by carpedm9587; 04-10-2018, 05:18 PM.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

See my previous post to Mike.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Source: Trump Appointed DOJ Attorney Not Involved in FBI Raid Authorization of Personal Lawyer Michael Cohen�

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...michael-cohen/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            I will not honor someone who regularly disrespects the highest executive office of this land with the honorific "President."
            Ironically, people who said the same about Obama were decried as racists.

Comment

Source: Trump Appointed DOJ Attorney Not Involved in FBI Raid Authorization of Personal Lawyer Michael Cohen�

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...michael-cohen/

The attorney that signed off on the raids is Rod Rosenstein. It would also have required approval by a judge to obtain the warrant/subpoena required to gain access to the offices. If the lawyer granted access without that document, and has not been all over the news about such a gross breach of due process, then the capabilities of this lawyer needs to be examined. Given that Rosenstein was approved as Deputy Attorney General by a bi-partisan vote of 94-6 in June of 2017, he is clearly a Trump appointee.

I'm not sure I see the problem here...

Comment

Many on the left jump too quickly to "racist" when there is no evidence for that being the case. I cannot and do not speak for them, nor do I defend their comments.

This, however, appears to be another "but what about..." response. You tend to do that a lot.

Comment

Thats because the people who regularly disrespected Obama were people like you who call distinguished career people like Mueller dirty cops.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    ...distinguished career people like Mueller...
                    Good Lord you're ignorant.

Source: DIRTY COP: Here Are the Major Scandals that Took Place When Robert Mueller Was FBI Director

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-fbi-director/

The article goes on to list dozens of scandals and dirty-dealings that took place right under Mueller's nose that he either deliberately ignored, quietly approved of, or actively participated in.

Comment

Source: DIRTY COP: Here Are the Major Scandals that Took Place When Robert Mueller Was FBI Director

The article goes on to list dozens of scandals and dirty-dealings that took place right under Mueller's nose that he either deliberately ignored, quietly approved of, or actively participated in.
                      There is just no hope for you at all MM, it's no use, you are totally gone. The "gatewaypundit." Egad!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        oh. Tis lovely how people celebrate when our servants in the federal government trample over the rights of its citizens.
                        As far as I can tell, they got search warrants, as required by the Fourth Amendment. Exactly which rights are being trampled over?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          As far as I can tell, they got search warrants, as required by the Fourth Amendment. Exactly which rights are being trampled over?
                          It is quite a drastic level of action to do search warrants on lawyers of anyone so as to dig up dirt on a citizen. Often his means that the government in trying to prosecute someone is also at the same time getting the private information of how a lawyer will defend someone. The government already has unlimited funding to build a case against individual people -- but now they are tearing apart all the people around Trump. The US Government isn't delegated that much authority by we the people.
                          Has no one in this thread realized what abuses have been done without justification? If Mueller has not been able to make a case of collaboration with Russia, either Trump is innocent of Mueller should have declared Trump innocent and all this mess should have come to a close.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                            According to Chris Christie, the raid was nothing extraordinary:

https://thinkprogress.org/chris-chri...-782daff1b23e/
                            Trump is complaining that the probe is moving ever closer to him. Anyone would think he had something to hide. Surely not!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              It is quite a drastic level of action to do search warrants on lawyers of anyone so as to dig up dirt on a citizen.
                              You're right, it is a drastic action, and its a high bar to overcome when trying to secure a search warrant, particularly when the lawyer is the Presidents personal lawyer. The evidence has to be overwhelming in order for the DOJ and a federal judge to grant it, and yet they did grant it, which is why Trump is pooping his pants right now. And its not just an exercise to "dig up dirt" as you put it, they already know why and what they are seeking before they search.

Often his means that the government in trying to prosecute someone is also at the same time getting the private information of how a lawyer will defend someone.
                              No idea what you are trying to say.

The government already has unlimited funding to build a case against individual people -- but now they are tearing apart all the people around Trump.
                              The people Trump has surrounded himself with are a bunch of corrupt thugs like himself, and if they were innocent then there wouldn't be 5 guilty pleas and 15 indictments against them.
                              The US Government isn't delegated that much authority by we the people.
                              The FBI, the Special prosecutor, the DOJ, are doing exactly what they are delegated to do, to weed out corruption even if, actually, particularly if, it's in the Government itself.

Has no one in this thread realized what abuses have been done without justification? If Mueller has not been able to make a case of collaboration with Russia, either Trump is innocent of Mueller should have declared Trump innocent and all this mess should have come to a close.
                              Next time you listen to Sean Hannity, of Rush Limbaugh, do a little fact checking rather than just accepting it. You have no idea what kind of evidence Mueller has, and you won't know until the investigation is over and he turns that info over to Congress. You probably don't remember, but the investigation of B. Clinton by Ken Star lasted 4 years and that investigation actually was a farce.

Comment

mediabiasfactcheck.com describes this source as follows: "The Gateway Pundit is a hard-right website that is not afraid of conspiracy theories and the occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists." It is catecorized as extreme right.

While this in itself does not prove the particular article wrong, it gives me an indication that I could use my time a lot better than reading this stuff. The same goes for Breitbart. When they post a new article I of course do not know beforehand that it is wrong. I have just seen them being wrong so many times that I prefer to use my limited amount of time to read stuff that I have good reason to trust.

Comment