Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Got any data?
    Yeah, I've linked it twice in this thread, and guac linked it once. The last time I linked it was in post #823. Maybe this is part of the communication issue...no one is actually reading my posts.

Comment

Guns are pretty freaking loud. Most people want to keep their murders secret. Not wake up the neighbors with a gun shot. I would think that in premeditated murders, things other than guns are used more in the home. Poison, knives, smothering, blunt objects, fists.
      Several years back, when I had access to things like this, I read a classified FBI study that concluded that the most common method of murder in the U.S. was probably poison, but that most of the time the death is ruled to be the result of natural causes and no autopsy is done so the culprit (usually the grieving widow) gets away with it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        I don't know how Franklin would have felt about it.
        Then stop chastising people for using the quote "out of context" when discussing personal liberties.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Several years back, when I had access to things like this, I read a classified FBI study that concluded that the most common method of murder in the U.S. was probably poison, but that most of the time the death is ruled to be the result of natural causes and no autopsy is done so the culprit (usually the grieving widow) gets away with it.
          Women!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Then stop chastising people for using the quote "out of context" when discussing personal liberties.
            No.
            "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
            Hear my cry, hear my shout,
            Save me, save me"

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
              No.
              Women!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Women!
                They figured that one of the biggest groups of victims were husbands who had recently retired and were now getting under foot and aggravating their wives who weren't all that fond of their husbands to begin with. Since the men were generally older natural causes are more likely.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They figured that one of the biggest groups of victims were husbands who had recently retired and were now getting under foot and aggravating their wives who weren't all that fond of their husbands to begin with. Since the men were generally older natural causes are more likely.
                  Besides, there's that age old wisdom that men who retire, and come home to sit on the front porch, end up falling apart. Now we know why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Besides, there's that age old wisdom that men who retire, and come home to sit on the front porch, end up falling apart. Now we know why.
                    I imagine the husbands who decided to "help" their wives by telling them how to do things better and more efficiently probably make up the lion's share.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      Yeah, I've linked it twice in this thread, and guac linked it once. The last time I linked it was in post #823. Maybe this is part of the communication issue...no one is actually reading my posts.
                      Well first, thanks for making me dig through 20+ pages in your argument by weblink.

Second, the stats [page 20] say 62% spouses by firearm which leave 38% of "other" such as knives, blunt objects, poison, etc.

Third, I said "premeditated" and this table includes any sort of homicide. Sure if you are angry and there is a gun, you would probably pick it up and use it. But if you are planning a murder, you would most likely use something quiet. Not a gun.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvs03.pdf

Comment

• I am probably on every government watch list now for googling "domestic violence methods and weapons"

Comment

I imagine the husbands who decided to "help" their wives by telling them how to do things better and more efficiently probably make up the lion's share.
                          Which is exactly why I have spent a whole lifetime making sure to keep expectations low, for when I retire. And then I'm gonna be a greeter at Walmart so I can visit all my friends.

Comment

I am probably on every government watch list now for googling "domestic violence methods and weapons"
                            Please delete me from your contacts on your phone.

Comment

I am probably on every government watch list now for googling "domestic violence methods and weapons"
                              Welcome to the club

The FOIA request I did awhile back revealed a folder as thick as my thumb is wide -- starting back when I was in Junior High!

Comment

Welcome to the club

The FOIA request I did awhile back revealed a folder as thick as my thumb is wide -- starting back when I was in Junior High!
                                Your permanent record!

Comment