Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The release of the memo by the President gives an element of approval and accuracy. All those responsible in the FBI and Justice Department specifically have objected to memo for reasons of accuracy and possibly revealing secrecy issues concerning the investigation methods of the FBI and Justice Department.
    Seems more like they're just vaguely poisoning the well. Let them point out these supposed "inaccuracies" after the memo is released. If their claims have merit, and the memo is found to be much ado about nothing, then Nunes, the Republicans, and the Trump White House will all have egg on their face. You would think Democrats would be salivating over this prospect... except by all accounts they're running scared and are desperate to suppress this memo, which begs the question: What don't they want us to know?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Seems more like they're just vaguely poisoning the well. Let them point out these supposed "inaccuracies" after the memo is released. If their claims have merit, and the memo is found to be much ado about nothing, then Nunes, the Republicans, and the Trump White House will all have egg on their face. You would think Democrats would be salivating over this prospect... except by all accounts they're running scared and are desperate to suppress this memo, which begs the question: What don't they want us to know?
      exactly. If it is an altered copy, all they have to do is produce the unaltered copy and show the GOP to be liars. If the memo doesn't amount to anything then they don't have anything to worry about. The only reason they are so nervous would be if it has some damning info in it that they can't refute.

Comment

• It is obvious that Trump wants the memo released as part of his agenda against the Russia probe, and not a matter of an objective evaluation of the facts.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics/nunes-memo-donald-trump/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump continues to tell his associates he believes the highly controversial Republican memo alleging the FBI abused its surveillance tools could help discredit the Russia investigation, multiple sources familiar with White House discussions said.

In recent phone calls, Trump has told friends he believes the memo would expose bias within the agency's top ranks and make it easier for him to argue the Russia investigations are prejudiced against him, according to two sources.
        As the debate rages about whether the GOP memo is inaccurate and misleading -- and whether it's appropriate to reveal such classified intelligence at all -- Trump appears to be more preoccupied with the political calculus. He views the memo as proof the intelligence community was unfairly targeting him and fodder for his ultimate goal of bringing an end to the Russia investigation that he has dubbed a "witch hunt," sources said.

Trump himself has reviewed and read the memo, as well as discussing it with chief of staff John Kelly and the White House counsel's office, a White House official told CNN.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          you mean methods like forming a conclusion before the evidence is even in and being completely biased?
          No, there is no evidence for this.

The process is documented as following Department of Justice and judicial procedures for the Judicial process involved with multiple documented source to get the evidence out concerning the investigation is beyond the authority of the FBI and the Department of Justice.

Comment

It is obvious that Trump wants the memo released as part of his agenda against the Russia probe, and not a matter of an objective evaluation of the facts.
            So what? The Russian probe was a farce from the start. There's no reason to show it any deference or respect. It was a scam concocted by Democrats to distract from their disastrous coronation of the loser Hillary Clinton.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• If there were any substantive changes other than "grammatical fixes and two edits requested by the FBI and by the Minority [Democrats] themselves" then it ought to be incredibly easy to show and thus pretty much end Nunes political career.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26299[/ATTACH]
                And once again Sparko tries and flails.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  And once again Sparko tries and flails.
                  You won't even listen to the Dictator of the United States!

Comment

You won't even listen to the Dictator of the United States!
                    Being unbannibatable is pretty awesome, isn't it? Oh. That's right. You wouldn't know. I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Being unbannibatable is pretty awesome, isn't it? Oh. That's right. You wouldn't know. I guess you'll have to take my word for it.
                      I was banned before. Voluntarily with Meh_Gerbil, Trout, and Lao Tsu so we had to go elsewhere for a month. We basically are the reason that the Internet Infidels forum shut down.

Comment

No, there is no evidence for this.

The process is documented as following Department of Justice and judicial procedures for the Judicial process involved with multiple documented source to get the evidence out concerning the investigation is beyond the authority of the FBI and the Department of Justice.
                        You don't know squat about what actually happened. All you'e doing is regurgitating the liberal talking points. Even JimL can do that - you just spell better.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          All this talk about carp makes me want to go .

Did I ever tell you about the time I caught a 3 foot long grass carp?
                          I had no idea I could fish for carp on my front lawn
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                            I had no idea I could fish for carp on my front lawn
                            Um, yeah, sure. That's where I caught mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              Um, yeah, sure. That's where I caught mine.
                              I have a lawn chair all set up, with a couple of beers in the cooler. I'm not sure what bait to use. Grass plugs? Azaleas? Automotive exhaust plugs? Should I use a straight hook or a mep? I have to admit, meps seem to keep getting caught in the crab grass....
                              Last edited by carpedm9587; 02-01-2018, 04:48 PM.
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I was banned before. Voluntarily with Meh_Gerbil, Trout, and Lao Tsu so we had to go elsewhere for a month. We basically are the reason that the Internet Infidels forum shut down.
                                I used to lurk there. What happened?

Comment