Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Intel votes to release FISA memo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    If Breitbart says it, or if that lying right-wing scumbag ex-PM said it, it must be true.

Interesting difference between him and Trump... Trump claimed it was the immigrants who were the bad people (the Mexicans were rapists, carrying drugs etc) and Trump's own population needed saving from them, where John Key claimed it was his own population who were bad people and the immigrants who would save them. Two lying right-wing scumbag leaders, two very different views on immigration.
    As someone who lived in El Paso on the border, I can tell you that it is pretty dangerous to even go over into Mexico these days, especially at night. The Mexican border towns like Juarez are pretty much drug and criminal dens with very little law enforcement, or at least honest law enforcement. A lot of the cops there are criminals themselves. Much of the illegals coming over the border come from places like that. Some are just families trying to have a better life, but many are criminals wanting traffic in drugs and people. So Trump was not wrong in pointing that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Trump was not wrong in pointing that out.
      It's also supported by crime statistics that illegal immigrants are more likely to commit violent crimes than US citizens.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Nonsense! It was Papadopoulos, not the dossier which sparked the Russia investigation. In December 2017, intelligence officials revealed that the actual impetus was a series of comments made in May 2016 by Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos during a drunken conversation to a top Australian diplomat in Britain. Papadopoulos revealed that he had inside information by bragging that the Kremlin had "thousands of emails" stolen from Hillary Clinton which could be used to damage her campaign. He had learned this about three weeks earlier. Two months later, when WikiLeaks started releasing DNC emails, Australian officials alerted the Americans about Papadopoulos' remarks. This is what started it all.
        Nice attempt to deflect the fact that the DNC was working with the Russians and the dossier that the Russians contributed to is what they used to get the FISA warrants.

Comment

As someone who lived in El Paso on the border, I can tell you that it is pretty dangerous to even go over into Mexico these days, especially at night. The Mexican border towns like Juarez are pretty much drug and criminal dens with very little law enforcement, or at least honest law enforcement. A lot of the cops there are criminals themselves. Much of the illegals coming over the border come from places like that. Some are just families trying to have a better life, but many are criminals wanting traffic in drugs and people. So Trump was not wrong in pointing that out.
          One of my jobs with the gas compression company was HR manager, and I had to deal with the safety concerns of our guys who worked the gas fields along the border. I had to "officially" tell them they were not permitted to have firearms in company vehicles, then, unofficially, tell them they were stupid if they didn't have the means to protect themselves, and NEVER go to a unit without a partner.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nice attempt to deflect the fact that the DNC was working with the Russians and the dossier that the Russians contributed to is what they used to get the FISA warrants.
            First of all the DNC was not working with the Russians, they paid an opposition research firm to do opposition research on Trump. The DNC didn't do the research, they weren't working with Russians, the DNC didn't know Russians would end up being implicated in the research, or that Trump was possibly colluding with a foriegn adversary, or that he was laundering Russian mafia money, or that he was susceptible to Russian blackmail. The DNC had nothing to do with any of that. The DNC didn't even release any of this info when they got hold of it, because it wasn't corroborated. So, your only actual beef would be "is the dossier true or not?" Well, it turns out that the FBI had already uncovered some of the same info that Steele brought to them in the dossier. You're attempt to equate Steeles working with undercover sources in Russia with his working with the Russian Government itself is disengenuous, and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              First of all the DNC was not working with the Russians, they paid an opposition research firm to do opposition research on Trump. The DNC didn't do the research, they weren't working with Russians, the DNC didn't know Russians would end up being implicated in the research, or that Trump was possibly colluding with a foriegn adversary, or that he was laundering Russian mafia money, or that he was susceptible to Russian blackmail. The DNC had nothing to do with any of that. The DNC didn't even release any of this info when they got hold of it, because it wasn't corroborated. So, your only actual beef would be "is the dossier true or not?" Well, it turns out that the FBI had already uncovered some of the same info that Steele brought to them in the dossier. You're attempt to equate Steeles working with undercover sources in Russia with his working with the Russian Government itself is disengenuous, and you know it.

I think the boy actually believes this crap! I wonder if he's still taking 'smart pills' from Mrs Willson's rabbit.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

The lengths you and Tassy will go to wiggle out of facts always amuses me.

The Russians influenced the election for sure, by helping Steele to write the memo the DNC used against Trump.

Comment

The lengths you and Tassy will go to wiggle out of facts always amuses me.

The Russians influenced the election for sure, by helping Steele to write the memo the DNC used against Trump.
                  Not to mention that Hillary and her buddies were getting info from "a foreign source" that they funneled to Steele:

Source: Clinton Associates Fed Information to Dossier Author Steele, Grassley-Graham Memo Says

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ham-memo-says/

© Copyright Original Source

I wonder who the "foreign source" was? Do you suppose they spoke with a Russian accent?

Comment

• And things continue to spiral downward...

Source: Latest FBI Texts: �Hillbillys,� �OUR Task,� Obama �Wants to Know Everything�

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ow-everything/

© Copyright Original Source

I have to disagree with Breitbart on one point: I don't find it incredible at all that these two were on Mueller's team. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he handpicked them with full knowledge of their extreme bias against Trump.

Comment

• It's too long to summarize, but Forbes has an excellent article detailing the timeline of this whole scandal going all the way back to the FBI's potentially illegal but definitely deliberate mishandling of the Hillary email investigation and ending with the FBI lying to the courts in order to get warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. It's well worth reading.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasd.../#339bace87f34

Comment

• I wonder how much longer our Tweb liberals continue to try to defend this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I wonder how much longer our Tweb liberals continue to try to defend this crap.
                          They could find a letter from Hillary herself saying that she is paying to set up Trump and these guys would still not admit they were wrong.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They could find a letter from Hillary herself saying that she is paying to set up Trump and these guys would still not admit they were wrong.
                              It's like how during the 1992 election after Bill and Hillary went on 60 Minutes to admit that Bill had an affair and the next day on one of the cable news networks a panelist on a talking head show kept insisting that he never had an affair.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Depends on how long they can tolerate cognitive dissonance, which for liberals can be a surprisingly long time.

Comment