Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Storms Davos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You know what happens to people who keep crying wolf when there's no wolf around?
    You know what happens to people who don't listen when there is?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You know what happens to people who don't listen when there is?
      Depends on how well armed they are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Depends on how well armed they are.
        Not if the wolf gets the drop on them it doesn't.

Comment

Not if the wolf gets the drop on them it doesn't.

You're so simple.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You're so simple.
            And you're such a jackass, CP.

Comment

And you're such a jackass, CP.
              No, I'm (or was) an elephant, you're a jackass!

elephant stomping donkey.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Yeah, I don't see anything he has done to seriously consolidate power which is pretty much the first step a dictator takes historically speaking.
                You don't, Really!
                I think it's just jimmy trying to rationalize his knee-jerk hatred.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see anything he has done to seriously consolidate power which is pretty much the first step a dictator takes historically speaking.

I think it's just jimmy trying to rationalize his knee-jerk hatred.
                  The setup of our federal government makes that a rather tall order to begin with. Even FDR, with significant majorities in both houses of Congress, couldn't manage to get around the Supreme Court. Trump's not even in firm control of his own party! It's certainly not a well thought out charge.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    The setup of our federal government makes that a rather tall order to begin with. Even FDR, with significant majorities in both houses of Congress, couldn't manage to get around the Supreme Court. Trump's not even in firm control of his own party! It's certainly not a well thought out charge.
                    This is when the old adage about needing to consider the source comes to mind.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      You don't, Really!
                      But it was okay when Obama's AG, Eric Holder, announced where his loyalties were. And it wasn't to the country. Or the constitution. It was to Obama. He bragged he was Obama's "wingman." And nobody batted an eye.

With that being the case, one can excuse Trump if he thought his AG was beholden to him.

And if this is your evidence for Trump seeking to become a dictator...

PeskyDisgustingChicken-max-1mb.gif
                      Too weak even to be considered pathetic

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But it was okay when Obama's AG, Eric Holder, announced where his loyalties were. And it wasn't to the country. Or the constitution. It was to Obama. He bragged he was Obama's "wingman." And nobody batted an eye.

With that being the case, one can excuse Trump if he thought his AG was beholden to him.

And if this is your evidence for Trump seeking to become a dictator...
                        Ah yes, an immediate deflection to the evils of Hillary and Obama. So predictable!

Trump thinks everybody is beholden to him. The attorney general's job is to defend the law -- no exceptions despite Trump's narcissistic fury at Sessions "disloyalty".

Comment

Ah yes, an immediate deflection to the evils of Hillary and Obama. So predictable!
                          Where was Hillary mentioned? Are you imagining things? Trump Derangement Syndrome causing hallucinations? I'm simply pointing out that this is hardly anything new what with Holder even boasting of his loyalty to Obama.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Trump thinks everybody is beholden to him. The attorney general's job is to defend the law -- no exceptions despite Trump's narcissistic fury at Sessions "disloyalty".
                          And yet Obama's AG thought his job was to be Obama's "wingman" but nobody was squealing about how this was some sort of evidence that he was trying to be a dictator

Comment

Where was Hillary mentioned? Are you imagining things? Trump Derangement Syndrome causing hallucinations? I'm simply pointing out that this is hardly anything new what with Holder even boasting of his loyalty to Obama.

And yet Obama's AG thought his job was to be Obama's "wingman" but nobody was squealing about how this was some sort of evidence that he was trying to be a dictator
                            That's because no one at the time took what Holder said the way you want to take it now in order to defend your adored dictator.

Comment

Hillary/Obama are an evil package in Repug eyes, doncha know.

And yet Obama's AG thought his job was to be Obama's "wingman"
                              ...still with the deflection.

but nobody was squealing about how this was some sort of evidence that he was trying to be a dictator
                              Last edited by Tassman; 02-01-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

...still with the deflection.
                                In the ILGA discussion, that's pretty much all you did, oh ye hypocritter.

Comment