Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Storms Davos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I seem to remember you guys saying, a while back, that you thought Trump was guilty but had to wait for the investigation to end before drawing a definitive conclusion. Am I remembering right, and if so, is there some new piece of evidence that proves Trump colluded with Russia?
    He tried to fire Mueller. Duh.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      He tried to fire Mueller. Duh.
      Well yeah, it just seemed like a bit of a turnaround for JimL to so confidently proclaim his guilt. But maybe I'm misremembering (always a possibility, or the Mandela Effect).
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I neither said nor implied that, Jim. Do me a solid and don't misrepresent my words, please.
        Okay, I apologize. But I must have taken you to mean that you were fine with having elected a wannabe dictator so long as he is anti-abortion, or, so long as he governed like he is anti-abortion, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          Jim you do realize that it is Constitutional for Trump to fire Comey or Muller - correct?

http://time.com/4837851/donald-trump...er-fire-power/
          Firing Comey, and Firing Mueller is not taking care that the laws are faithfully executed. It's a bit of a gray area, argued on both sides by Constitutional scholars. But we've been through this before, I think you remember Watergate and the saturday night massacre. That didn't go well for Nixon, even if he did have a Constitutional right to fire Cox. Besides, why are you hiding behind the Constitution when it comes to Trump obstructing an investigation into his own possible criminal activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Firing Comey, and Firing Mueller is not taking care that the laws are faithfully executed. It's a bit of a gray area, argued on both sides by Constitutional scholars. But we've been through this before, I think you remember Watergate and the saturday night massacre. That didn't go well for Nixon, even if he did have a Constitutional right to fire Cox. Besides, why are you hiding behind the Constitution when it comes to Trump obstructing an investigation into his own possible criminal activity.
            No Jim it is perfectly Constitutional. Their may of course be political ramifications. If he really was a dictator he would do things that are unconstitutional - like Obama did with DACA...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I seem to remember you guys saying, a while back, that you thought Trump was guilty but had to wait for the investigation to end before drawing a definitive conclusion. Am I remembering right, and if so, is there some new piece of evidence that proves Trump colluded with Russia?
              I may have said that, because I have all along believed it to be true. I believe it even more now. What I do know for certain is that Trump has gone all in at obstructing the investigation from day one, and though there is a whole lot more evidence in now than his obstruction alone, the obstruction is enough for me to conclude in my own mind that he is guilty.

Comment

No Jim it is perfectly Constitutional. Their may of course be political ramifications. If he really was a dictator he would do things that are unconstitutional - like Obama did with DACA...
                He's not a dictator seer, he's a wannabe dictator. It's what he's working towards. He's doing his best to undermine and take complete control of otherwise democratic institutions ala Putin and viola, game over. Did you listen to his speech last night. I'll bet the wannabe dictator part went right over your head right? And don't even compare Obama to Trump simply because he put a temporary fix on a serious problem that the do nothing Congress refused to deal with.

Comment

Yes, I know, you're all fine with having elected a dictator.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  He's not a dictator seer, he's a wannabe dictator.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Okay, I apologize. But I must have taken you to mean that you were fine with having elected a wannabe dictator so long as he is anti-abortion, or, so long as he governed like he is anti-abortion, no?
                    The substance of the post to which I had responded had nothing to do with Trump's alleged dictatorship; it was dealing solely with his stance on abortion. I don't agree with your allegation regarding his (desired) leadership style, so it would imply nothing of the sort.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The substance of the post to which I had responded had nothing to do with Trump's alleged dictatorship; it was dealing solely with his stance on abortion.
                      Actually it did have to do with his autocratic intentions, you just omitted that part of the post in responding. But again, my bad, you weren't responding to the entire post.
                      I don't agree with your allegation regarding his (desired) leadership style, so it would imply nothing of the sort.
                      Well, then I suggest you wake up and pay closer attention.

Comment

Well, then I suggest you wake up and pay closer attention.
                        You know what happens to people who keep crying wolf when there's no wolf around?
                        sigpic

Comment

You know what happens to people who keep crying wolf when there's no wolf around?
                          I don't know...something involving the Russians, surely?
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

You see seer, you are not paying attention. For one thing Trump is as crooked as they come, for another he is guilty of colluding with Russia...
                            Most of the left has dropped that one since even they have finally come to realize that there is not a shred of corroborating evidence to support that claim. It even seems that the smarter ones in the leadership are now trying to change the subject when it gets brought up because they likely understand that the more folks think about it the more they might start realizing they were sold a bill of goods. Nobody likes being fooled.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Waiting for to freak out in 10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The substance of the post to which I had responded had nothing to do with Trump's alleged dictatorship; it was dealing solely with his stance on abortion. I don't agree with your allegation regarding his (desired) leadership style, so it would imply nothing of the sort.
                                Yeah, I don't see anything he has done to seriously consolidate power which is pretty much the first step a dictator takes historically speaking.

I think it's just jimmy trying to rationalize his knee-jerk hatred.

Comment