Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Health Exam - Bad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    It's my understanding that "insanity" is a broad colloquial term, and is mostly avoided in formal medical settings. It may be used in formal *legal* settings where "insanity defense" has specified parameters.
    Jimmy is just picking nits to weasel out of admitting he thinks Trump is mentally ill. I have no idea why it bothers him to admit it. He and Tassman and Starlight have been on about it for a year or more. But all of a sudden he can't admit it. He is either just trolling again or just can't ever admit he was wrong about anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Jimmy is just picking nits to weasel out of admitting he thinks Trump is mentally ill. I have no idea why it bothers him to admit it. He and Tassman and Starlight have been on about it for a year or more. But all of a sudden he can't admit it. He is either just trolling again or just can't ever admit he was wrong about anything.
      Actually you are wrong again as usual Sparko. How do you do it? For one thing mental illness is something you just snuck into this particular argument. The accusation wasn't simply mental illness which is a broad accusation, the accusation was that Tass, and then you added myself, claimed that Trump had dementia and was insane. Not true. So, apparently you're just trolling again or you just can't ever admit that you are wrong about anything, which is why you keep changing the terminology.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        It's my understanding that "insanity" is a broad colloquial term, and is mostly avoided in formal medical settings. It may be used in formal *legal* settings where "insanity defense" has specified parameters.
        Insanity is not in any real way a medical term. It is strictly a legal term and a popular reference to mental illness.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Is it a mental illness?
          No! It comes under the category of a Personality Disorder, NOT mental illness. In Trump's case the common assessment among observers is that Trump suffers from a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. "A person with a personality disorder has trouble perceiving and relating to situations and people. This causes significant problems and limitations in relationships, social activities, work and school".

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354463

This would explain the chaos of Trump's White House.

He may also be dementing...also not a mental illness.

Your problem is that you think Insanity, Personality Disorders and Dementia are all the same thing. They are not. Although they are all incapacitating.
          Last edited by Tassman; 01-24-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Oh, so you're a practicing psychologist now? How many doctorate degrees do you have, anyway?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Actually you are wrong again as usual Sparko. How do you do it? For one thing mental illness is something you just snuck into this particular argument. The accusation wasn't simply mental illness which is a broad accusation, the accusation was that Tass, and then you added myself, claimed that Trump had dementia and was insane. Not true. So, apparently you're just trolling again or you just can't ever admit that you are wrong about anything, which is why you keep changing the terminology.
              Your memory is messing with you again. What I said was:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              He was the same way when he kept insisting that Trump was insane and suffering from a personality disorder, based solely on seeing Trump on TV and what he read about him. Armchair psychiatrist and now Armchair physician.
              Now have you and Tassman been saying that he suffers from personality disorders?

And is a personality disorder a mental illness?

inˈsanədē/
              noun
              noun: insanity

the state of being seriously mentally ill;

Comment

• I don't know why they're so reluctant to own up to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I don't know why they're so reluctant to own up to this.
                  I think it is just a game to them. To see how many pages they can string something trivial out to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    It's really nobody's business though.
                    You can say same thing about tax return of Trump, IRS checks them anyway for crime, but progs will be progs!!
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I think it is just a game to them. To see how many pages they can string something trivial out to.
                      hqdefault.jpg

Comment

Your memory is messing with you again. What I said was:

Now have you and Tassman been saying that he suffers from personality disorders?

And is a personality disorder a mental illness?

inˈsanədē/
                        noun
                        noun: insanity

the state of being seriously mentally ill;
                        A PD is neither dementia, which MM claimed that Tass asserted of Trump, nor is it insanity, which is what you claimed that I asserted of Trump. I've made it perfectly clear what I think of Trump, he's a con man, and he's conned all of you supporters of him, he's a thief, he's a racist, a pathological liar, a misogynist, he has no respect for law, he's a money launderer for Russian oligarchs, and he's treasonous, both to this country and to democracy itself.

Comment

A PD is neither dementia, which MM claimed that Tass asserted of Trump, nor is it insanity, which is what you claimed that I asserted of Trump. I've made it perfectly clear what I think of Trump, he's a con man, and he's conned all of you supporters of him, he's a thief, he's a racist, a pathological liar, a misogynist, he has no respect for law, he's a money launderer for Russian oligarchs, and he's treasonous, both to this country and to democracy itself.
                          JimL, you have been arguing that Trump is mentally ill (personality disorder) and the definition of insane is "mentally ill" so you have been arguing that he is insane. We have already given you link after link. For you to deny evidence that everyone can just read for themselves is bizarre. It is like you are not even in touch with reality. Which makes you delusional. Which is another definition of insane. So maybe you are insane yourself. It fits with your posts and how you think you can just deny reality and everyone should believe you.

Comment

JimL, you have been arguing that Trump is mentally ill (personality disorder) and the definition of insane is "mentally ill" so you have been arguing that he is insane. We have already given you link after link. For you to deny evidence that everyone can just read for themselves is bizarre. It is like you are not even in touch with reality. Which makes you delusional. Which is another definition of insane. So maybe you are insane yourself. It fits with your posts and how you think you can just deny reality and everyone should believe you.

Sparko, you're not insane, but you are nuts.

Comment

Sparko, you're not insane, but you are nuts.
                              I have been wondering something..

How do you manage to type in a straight jacket? Do you use your nose, or is your computer voice-activated?

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

I have been wondering something..

How do you manage to type in a straight jacket? Do you use your nose, or is your computer voice-activated?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26192[/ATTACH]
                                Can't be voice activated - even the worst voice recognition software doesn't have such bad grammar and spelling.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment