Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: "Bannon lost his mind."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yep. He's even admitted to fabrications.

Source: Paul Farhi

Among the many things he's been called - "blunt," "pathetic," "calculating" - the one thing Michael Wolff has never been described as is boring.

A provocateur and media polemicist, Wolff has a penchant for stirring up an argument and pushing the facts as far as they'll go, and sometimes further than they can tolerate, according to his critics. He has been accused of not just re-creating scenes in his books and columns, but of creating them wholesale.

That's some context for Wolff's most explosive bit of reporting to date: A scathing new book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," describing dysfunction and infighting in Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the first year of his presidency, replete with damning criticism of Trump from within his inner circle....

Wolff, for example, writes that Thomas Barrack Jr., a billionaire friend of Trump's, told a friend that Trump is "not only crazy, he's stupid." Barrack on Wednesday denied to a New York Times reporter that he ever said such a thing.

Katie Walsh, a former White House adviser, has also disputed a comment attributed to her by Wolff, that dealing with Trump was "like trying to figure out what a child wants."

...His reliability has been challenged before - over quotes, descriptions and general accounts he's provided in his many newspaper and magazine columns and in several books. Wolff has even acknowledged that he can be unreliable: As he recounted in "Burn Rate" - his best-selling book about his time as an early Internet entrepreneur - Wolff kept his bankers at bay by fabricating a story about his father-in-law having open-heart surgery.

"How many fairly grievous lies had I told?" he wrote. "How many moral lapses had I committed? How many ethical breaches had I fallen into? . . . Like many another financial conniver, I was in a short-term mode." Wolff's business collapsed in 1997.

"Burn Rate" came under siege from critics who challenged its credibility, including the long verbatim conversations that Wolff recounted despite taking scant notes. Brill's Content, a now-defunct media-review publication, cited a dozen people who disputed quotes attributed to them in the book.

Wolff followed up "Burn Rate" by taking over the media column at New York magazine, where he almost immediately ran into trouble. Judith Regan, then a hotshot book editor who had been a classmate of Wolff's at Vassar, vigorously disputed almost every paragraph of Wolff's column about her. She said she hadn't had a personal conversation with Wolff in 30 years.

© Copyright Original Source

Fake Book?? Going to be bestseller with libs!!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Trump: ""Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was."

so are they now saying that Bannon was the leak in the WH that they kept looking for and that is why he was fired?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Looks like Bannon is starting to push back:

"The President of the United States is a great man. You know I support him day in and day out, whether going through the country giving the Trump Miracle speech or on the show or on the website..."
        http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/...n-and-day-out/

The suggestion now is that Trump might have been fooled by a piece of fake news, although Bannon still has not explicitly denied the quotes in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Trump's lawyers issue a cease and desist to Bannon for making false and defamatory statements, and for breaking a signed confidentiality agreement.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...bannon-report/

I've also seen rumors that the author of the book has a long history of fabricating and altering quotes (this is not so much rumor since documented proof is easy to find) and that Bannon is now saying that he wasn't quoted accurately, but I've seen nothing official regarding the latter.
          If this is the case why did the powers that be grant Wolff's request to be a "fly-on-the-wall" journalist hanging around the WH for such an extended period interviewing all the leading players ?
          Last edited by Tassman; 01-04-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Trump: ""Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was."

so are they now saying that Bannon was the leak in the WH that they kept looking for and that is why he was fired?
            Of course, but that is simply Trump's way. If he's attacked in any way his immediate reaction is to hit back, whether his accusations have any truth to them or not doesn't matter. Trump's a pathological liar, so any accusation he makes is always suspect and usually a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Of course, but that is simply Trump's way. If he's attacked in any way his immediate reaction is to hit back, whether his accusations have any truth to them or not doesn't matter. Trump's a pathological liar, so any accusation he makes is always suspect and usually a lie.
              In this case I sort of agree with you. Bannon seemed to be Trump's good friend while he was in the White House, then he left, supposedly voluntarily, but now that he seems to have talked out against Trump, Trump has spun it into he was fired for leaking information and he is insane, etc.

Of course he could have been actually fired for leaking and they agreed to keep it quiet, kinda like when a person gets fired from a job but they say he "resigned" to let him save face and get a new job. But it sure looks bad to now be saying what a POS Bannon is after he was a sort of golden boy a the beginning. Perhaps Kelley decided to clean house and fire him but let him save face by saying he "resigned" or said, "resign now or I will fire you"

Comment

Hard to say, but Wolff on loving the free publicity.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                    ...and him going to bed with a cheeseburger at 6:30pm.
                    To be honest I have gone to bed with worse...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      To be honest I have gone to bed with worse...
                      Do you think it would scare all the twebbers into leaving if we stickied a thread called "Storytime with seer?"
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Do you think it would scare all the twebbers into leaving if we stickied a thread called "Storytime with seer?"
                        Jealous?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Jealous?
                          I was just thinking that you seem to have some...interesting vignettes about your life.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            I was just thinking that you seem to have some...interesting vignettes about your life.
                            Every one true, well the bed thing was a joke. The french fries I slept weren't really that bad...

Comment

Every one true, well the bed thing was a joke. The french fries I slept weren't really that bad...

Comment

A little salty though...

Comment