Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Green Tyranny, and why Conservatives Question The Global Warming Meme.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Germany going to outlaw combustion engine cars, UK following also. France, also California wants to follow.

What else is left?? '''''''Green''''''' engines!!

So Al Gore, also other charlatans who invest in '''''''green''''''' energy companies strike big bucks!!!
    So this is everyone's definition of totalitarian?

Yes - we expect our government to set regulations in the best interests of all of us. That's one of the things we elect them for. If combustion engines are harming the collective environment, and an alternative exists, then it is the rightful place of government to say, "you do not have the right to polute the environment for everyone else."

Personally, I think the prohibition is a LITTLE premature. The electric vehicle industry is not yet large or mature enough, and the electric "refueling" system is not widely enough distributed as yet, AFAIK. It certainly is not in the northeast.

Regulation does not equal totalitarian. A totalitarian government is usually dictator-led (we live in a representative Republic), it has a single party in power (today we live in a two-party system, with Reublicans vastly dominating), and it strives to (or does) control the media (today, the primary enemy of the media is the occupant of our White House). It's a little odd/ironic to have the totalitarian claim leveled at the left, especially at this time in history.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      No - that is the right-wing mantra ABOUT the left - not the actual position of the left. I know many who are extremely left leaning, and not a single one believes in "big government" or "top-down control." They believe the government is a tool - nothing more. It is good for some jobs, and not for others. The left and right disagree on which jobs the government is good for - with the list on the left normally being longer than the one on the right. But I know of no leftist that doesn't value freedom, minimal government intrusion in daily life, government "out of the bedroom," adequate security, and so forth. I know no leftist that does not value the Constitution, or the protections afforded by the Bill of Rights.

There are a lot of sweeping generalities being made here - and they are right wing talking points; they are not really based in reality. The the "totalitarian" aspirations of the left is just the stuff of conspiracy theories, IMO
      Yes yes, you are very good at parroting leftwing talking points about own position of theirs. Try parroting less, also understanding what they actually do and push for!
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Yes yes, you are very good at parroting leftwing talking points about own position of theirs. Try parroting less, also understanding what they actually do and push for!
        You do seem to love to follow me around...

I actually am fairly well versed on what both ends of the political spectrum are doing and pushing for, Demi, though I can always learn more. I'm not big on "talking points" from either side. Usually, they are just a mechanism for dismissals and for defining the opposition as "other." When people are "other," it is easier to hate them and see them as "the enemy."
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yes, modern style of totalitarianism is creeping bureaucracy, not Merkel being hailed on streets, "Heil Fuhrer of Fourth Reich!!!!"

Yes - we expect our government to set regulations in the best interests of all of us. That's one of the things we elect them for. If combustion engines are harming the collective environment, and an alternative exists, then it is the rightful place of government to say, "you do not have the right to polute the environment for everyone else."
          Alternative is so '''''''green''''''', yes.

Regulation does not equal totalitarian.
          See on top about creeping bureaucracy.

It's a little odd/ironic to have the totalitarian claim leveled at the left, especially at this time in history.
          Use logic, child. Even though left are not in power, doesn't mean they don't want to be, also totalitarian!!

Comment

You do seem to love to follow me around...
            Not many libtards left making libtarded posts in Civics for me to bash down. Sad!!

I actually am fairly well versed on what both ends of the political spectrum are doing and pushing for, Demi
            Posts of yours only show how shallow knowledge of yours is.

Comment

Yes, modern style of totalitarianism is creeping bureaucracy, not Merkel being hailed on streets, "Heil Fuhrer of Fourth Reich!!!!"

Alternative is so '''''''green''''''', yes.

See on top about creeping bureaucracy.

Use logic, child. Even though left are not in power, doesn't mean they don't want to be, also totalitarian!!
              Creeping bureaucracy and totalitarian are not the same thing. AFAICT, both parties have contributed to the creeping bureaucracy component of our government. For example, after multiple claims to "simplifying the tax code," the most recent tax bill does nothing of the sort, preserving most of the complexity of the existing tax infrastructure and simply moving some of the deck chairs around a little. How refreshing it would have been if Republicans had literally cleared the deck and imposed a flat, personal tax system on ALL income with a single standard deduction for everyone, no other deductions, and no business taxes. The IRS could have been shrunk to a fraction of what it is now, and a significant portion of the tax process automated, virtually eliminating the need for tax returns or literally dropping them to the size of a postcard.

Both parties benefit from bureaucracy, Demi. The left is no more prone to it than the right, AFAICT.

BTW, I don't think I have thanked you for your signature. That was a bad day and I went over the top in my post. We all need someone to keep us a bit humble, and your signature is helping me in that area. Each time I see it, it reminds me not to take myself so seriously, or let bad moments color my posting. It's not fun to see over and over - but it IS a good reminder!
              Last edited by carpedm9587; 01-01-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

"I am centrist, read up on right's point of view!!!!!! I understand!!'

later

"Why do right-people think another piece of creepy creeping bureaucracy by left is totalitarian????"

Stop faking.

Comment

Germany going to outlaw combustion engine cars, UK following also. France, also California wants to follow.

What else is left?? '''''''Green''''''' engines!!

So Al Gore, also other charlatans who invest in '''''''green''''''' energy companies strike big bucks!!!
                  That's all it has ever been for Al Gore. He's made out like a bandit selling conscience-salving "carbon credits" to the gullible.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Creeping bureaucracy and totalitarian are not the same thing.
                    Left do 'creeping bureaucracy', with aim to reach totalitarian state.

AFAICT
                    You are stuck in Fake News bubbles, what truth you can tell not worth much.

BTW, I don't think I have thanked you for your signature. That was a bad day and I went over the top in my post. We all need someone to keep us a bit humble, and your signature is helping me in that area. Each time I see it, it reminds me not to take myself so seriously, or let bad moments color my posting.
                    Signature of mine also gives me great pleasure. Please contribute more candidates!!!

Comment

Left do 'creeping bureaucracy', with aim to reach totalitarian state.
                      Umm... no.

You are stuck in Fake News bubbles, what truth you can tell not worth much.
                      Actually - also no. It's why I come to sites like this one - to have an ear to the ground for what the right is saying. I visit left sites to get that side of the story.

Signature of mine also gives me great pleasure. Please contribute more candidates!!!
                      Not if I can help it, but I imagine I will eventually have another off day, so stay tuned!

Comment

Umm... no.
                        1) You not knowing that is belief of right shows you to be fake 'I am centrist who tries to understand both sides!!!
                        2) You not actually believing it only shows brainwashing of Fake News.

Actually - also no. It's why I come to sites like this one - to have an ear to the ground for what the right is saying. I visit left sites to get that side of the story.
                        Doesn't work if you keep doing stuff like
                        1) "Ummm....no." with brain closes down, goes into closed-minded, denial mode.
                        2) 'I didn't understand why Trump won, but I'm not going to read Breitbart because *excuse excuse excuse*

So yes, you come here to post, but blinkers of yours still firmly on. Sad!!!

It's like ''''free-thinkers''''' playingacting 'I am so open-minded'.

demi: 'no you aren't, but that was almost adorable!!'

Not if I can help it, but I imagine I will eventually have another off day, so stay tuned!
                        If I miss it, PM me about it!!!
                        Last edited by demi-conservative; 01-01-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

If I miss it, PM me about it!!!
                          Absolutely

Comment

Absolutely
                            Run away from my other points so fast, again?

Until next time!!!

Comment

Run away from my other points so fast, again?

Until next time!!!
                              When you make points that merit a response, Demi, I respond.

Until next time.

Comment

'I am here to understand what people on right think!!!!'

later

*brain automatically shuts down*

'Umm....no. belief of right that creeping bureaucracy by left is totalitarian is obviously false!!!'

-------

Just stop LARPing, more you do it, more people see how fake it all is.

Comment