Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It Ain't Your Momma's FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Ain't Your Momma's FBI

FBI agent removed from Mueller investigation over anti-Trump messages

(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller removed one of the FBI's top Russian counterintelligence experts from his team of investigators after an internal investigation found messages he sent that could be interpreted as showing political bias for Hillary Clinton and against President Donald Trump, according to US officials briefed on the matter.

Peter Strzok, who led the investigation of the Hillary Clinton email server as the No. 2 official in the FBI's counterintelligence division, left the Mueller team this past summer, multiple sources said.
    Investigators from the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General have been reviewing both the FBI's and the Justice Department's handling of the Clinton probe, which cleared the former Democratic presidential candidate of criminal wrongdoing, sources said.

The messages from Strzok to another FBI expert assigned to the Mueller team were discovered in the course of that internal review. The wording of the messages sent during the 2016 campaign appeared to be making fun of then-candidate Trump, and raised concerns that they could be seen as being pro-Clinton, the sources said.

Yeah, I know, there's another thread about Strzok in particular, but this is about the FBI in general.

It used to be assumed (as portrayed in The Untouchables) that the FBI was an institution without bias and full of integrity and honor. (yeah, J Edgar was a colorful figure, and....)

It is appearing more and more that the FBI seems incapable of acting without bias.

Looks like investigations will be focusing on the FBI itself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The FBI, like every other organization, is comprised of humans, and is therefore prone to human failings.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Absolutely, but it appears the degree to which it allows those feelings to affect its work is changing.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trump really is cleaning out the swap. It is sort of like when Jonathan went against the Philistines and they started killing each other (1 Samuel 14)

Maybe more, this was like when a righteous king resulted in the people following the Lord. It may not be exactly that people are following the Lord more in Washington DC but rather that the more decent people are able to get some footing
        Last edited by mikewhitney; 12-07-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Absolutely, but it appears the degree to which it allows those feelings to affect its work is changing.
          To affect it less due to greater transparency compared to the days of COINTELPRO.

Comment

Where are Mulder and Scully when you need them?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              The FBI, like every other organization, is comprised of humans, and is therefore prone to human failings.
              They had a largely deserved squeaky clean reputation for decades which has completely turned around in just a few years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                They had a largely deserved squeaky clean reputation for decades which has completely turned around in just a few years.
                That. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a policeman. When I was a policeman, I wanted to be a "G-man". That was what so may law enforcement members aspired to.

Comment

That. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a policeman. When I was a policeman, I wanted to be a "G-man". That was what so may law enforcement members aspired to.
                  I know you left the "n" out of "many" on purpose just so I might think I caught you misspellinating sumethin

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know you left the "n" out of "many" on purpose just so I might think I caught you misspellinating sumethin
                    Yeah, and I also did that thing where I ended a sentence with one of those proposition thingies you're never spose to end a sentence with.

Comment

Yeah, and I also did that thing where I ended a sentence with one of those proposition thingies you're never spose to end a sentence with.
                      You purposely prepositioned your spouse?

Comment

You purposely prepositioned your spouse?
                        Only once. It worked.

Comment

The plot thickens....

Source: Congressional investigators find irregularities in FBI's handling of Clinton email case

link

© Copyright Original Source

Clinton hack lies to FBI, gets immunity. Manafort lies to the FBI, gets charges.

ETA: language warning
                          Last edited by One Bad Pig; 01-04-2018, 12:54 PM.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            The plot thickens....

Source: Congressional investigators find irregularities in FBI's handling of Clinton email case

link

© Copyright Original Source

Clinton hack lies to FBI, gets immunity. Manafort lies to the FBI, gets charges.
                            There are some pretty damning claims in the rest of the article, too. If true, it'll be interesting to see when nothing happens.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't want to read such articles. They are too long and boring. I think I will just wait here till JimL tells me what to think. He has an inside line on the whole thing.

Comment