Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Moore Falllout - Throw Bill Under the Bus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sadly, truth seems irrelevant to Shuny's case.
    Illusive claims of 'truth' nor 'proof' does not apply in law or in these cases. The eight women are respectable reliable members of the community, which many Republicans in Congress believe their testimony is reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Illusive claims of 'truth' nor 'proof' does not apply in law or in these cases.
      Correct, all that matters is that Moore is a Republican, you guys want him out of office, and gross exaggeration of charges against him is therefore warranted.

The eight women are respectable reliable members of the community,
      Oh, NATURALLY. If, however, they were alleging charges against, say, Bill Clinton, they'd just be "bimbos".

which many Republicans in Congress believe their testimony is reliable.
      The spineless Washington elite are looking out for their own political rear ends, Shuny. But -- from now on, can you be on record as saying that anything "Republicans in Congress believe" is the gospel truth?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Most of those you list as "victims" here say they only went out on a date with him.
        A thirty something man dating underage teenagers????

Comment

That's creepy, but certainly not illegal. And you forgot this was decades ago.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They were above the age of consent at the time, meaning they weren't underage.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's creepy, but certainly not illegal. And you forgot this was decades ago.
              It was creepy decades ago. The serious accusations include more intimate involvement with as young as 14, and that is pedophilia. Are your moral standards time dependent?

Comment

Correct, all that matters is that Moore is a Republican, you guys want him out of office, and gross exaggeration of charges against him is therefore warranted.

Oh, NATURALLY. If, however, they were alleging charges against, say, Bill Clinton, they'd just be "bimbos".

The spineless Washington elite are looking out for their own political rear ends, Shuny. But -- from now on, can you be on record as saying that anything "Republicans in Congress believe" is the gospel truth?
                There is not gospel truth, because no one is citing the Bible. I see your severe double standard is leering its head. When they agree, your on their side. When they do not, name calling and verbal assassination is in order.

Comment

It was creepy decades ago. The serious accusations include more intimate involvement with as young as 14, and that is pedophilia.
                  Actually, that's hebephilia. Pedophilia is for prepubescents, which a 14-year-old certainly is not.

Comment

There is not gospel truth, because no one is citing the Bible.
                    That's an expression, o pedantic one.

I see your severe double standard is leering its head.
                    Perhaps you should visit your eye doctor and get a new prescription.

When they agree, your on their side.
                    Um.... I'm rarely "on their side" - I'm for term limits, and I've been pretty free about my disgust with politicians in general.

When they do not, name calling and verbal assassination is in order.
                    Since when have the Washington elite been "on my side", or me on theirs?

Does it make you feel better when you wax stupid?
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-24-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      Actually, that's hebephilia. Pedophilia is for prepubescents, which a 14-year-old certainly is not.
                      Actually, according to Scientific American, that would be Ephedophiles, which are men and women who are sexually attracted to adolescents who have started puberty and are generally between the ages of 15-16, depending on how early or late puberty may begin.

Comment

So, you double down on the drama queen crap?

Comment

So, let's see what we have here....

Drama queen crap....

This includes one of rape of a 13 y.o. girl, who was thoughtfully provided by Trump's friend, the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein. Charming lot you Evangelicals vote for!
                          Childish drama queen crap with a little girl giggle...

And finished with a garnish of more drama queen crap.

No response necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Attempting to seduce a 14 y.o. girl is child abuse regardless of the legal age of consent.
                            I agree. but then you seem to be arguing for an objective moral standard here Tassy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I agree. but then you seem to be arguing for an objective moral standard here Tassy.
                              No, the accepted moral standard and laws of society today. There is no such thing of either a subjective nor objective moral standards by definition morals and ethics are morals and ethics.

What is your standard for seducing 14 year old girls by a thirty something adult?
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-25-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

No, the accepted moral standard and laws of society today.
                                Except that Tass implied there is a moral standard apart from the law.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment