Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    To be clear, if he did date 16 and 17-year-old girls while he was 32, I think that is nearly as wrong as dating a 14 year old. age of consent be damned. A 32-year-old dating anyone under 21 is just disgusting.
    Do you like movies about gladiators?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• I'll throw this out there: Mary the mother of Jesus was likely quite young (by today's standards) when she gave birth, probably around 14, simply based on the customary age at which Jewish women married at the time.

Our idea of what constitutes a mature woman has changed a great deal over the centuries.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I'll throw this out there: Mary the mother of Jesus was likely quite young (by today's standards) when she gave birth, probably around 14, simply based on the customary age at which Jewish women married at the time.

Our idea of what constitutes a mature woman has changed a great deal over the centuries.
        Would you let your 14 year old daughter get married to a 32 year old? Or your 17 year old daughter?

I wouldn't.

Back in those days they had no choice. And kids were thrown into adulthood a lot earlier. Today kids remain kids and immature longer. Heck, today 20-something-year-olds are still living at home and don't have jobs.

Comment

I'll throw this out there: Mary the mother of Jesus was likely quite young (by today's standards) when she gave birth, probably around 14, simply based on the customary age at which Jewish women married at the time.

Sure, but we are judged by the mores and confines of our own culture.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• New Moore accuser claims he forefully tried to push her head into his crotch after locking her in a car with him. her lawyer is gloria allred so credibility is low. accusation is arguably the worst one so far though. If moore is innocent he needs to do a lot more than just deny. he needs to hire an investigator and start pursuing legal options.

Quite frankly, if he doesn't start seriously fighting this I'm gonna assume the allegations are correct.

edit: moore denies, claims he will pursue all legal options
            Last edited by Darth Executor; 11-13-2017, 02:40 PM.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Sure, but we are judged by the mores and confines of our own culture.
              "Our culture" demands people destroy their minds with casual sex and bodies with STDs to only get married when the woman borders on sterility so the couple can raise cats as babies and 80 IQ third world rapists as pets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                New Moore accuser claims he forefully tried to push her head into his crotch after locking her in a car with him. her lawyer is gloria allred so credibility is low. accusation is arguably the worst one so far though. If moore is innocent he needs to do a lot more than just deny. he needs to hire an investigator and start pursuing legal options.

Quite frankly, if he doesn't start seriously fighting this I'm gonna assume the allegations are correct.

edit: moore denies, claims he will pursue all legal options
                With only a month to the election, there's not much else he can do but deny and threaten legal action. There's really no time for anything else, which is what makes this timing so suspicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Would you let your 14 year old daughter get married to a 32 year old? Or your 17 year old daughter?

I wouldn't.
                  Married, no, but dating? That would depend. If it was a random guy I didn't know then of course not, but I would say the same even if he was my daughter's age. If it was a situation like Celine Dion where he was a trusted friend of the family then why not? In that case, she was 19 when she officially began dating the 45-year old man who would later become her husband, although they obviously had feelings for each other before that.

My only point bringing up Mary is that drawing a line in the sand and declaring, "Not before this age!" is a largely arbitrary cultural convention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko
                    To be clear, if he did date 16 and 17-year-old girls while he was 32, I think that is nearly as wrong as dating a 14 year old. age of consent be damned. A 32-year-old dating anyone under 21 is just disgusting.
                    You're letting feminism and Satan do your thinking and feeling for you.

Comment

Married, no, but dating? That would depend. If it was a random guy I didn't know then of course not, but I would say the same even if he was my daughter's age. If it was a situation like Celine Dion where he was a trusted friend of the family then why not? In that case, she was 19 when she officially began dating the 45-year old man who would later become her husband, although they obviously had feelings for each other before that.

My only point bringing up Mary is that drawing a line in the sand and declaring, "Not before this age!" is a largely arbitrary cultural convention.
                      But he wasn't a trusted friend of the family. If he is guilty, which seems to be the case, then he did it on the down low because he knew it was wrong and illegal no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                        You're letting feminism and Satan do your thinking and feeling for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          If he is guilty...
                          If.

And so far, there is zero evidence that he is. Sorry, Jimmy, but "You're a conservative, and someone accused you!" is not proof of guilt no matter how much you wish it was.

Comment

If.

And so far, there is zero evidence that he is. Sorry, Jimmy, but "You're a conservative, and someone accused you!" is not proof of guilt no matter how much you wish it was.
                            MM you have proven over and over again then when it comes to evidence concerning a belief of yours, it doesn't exist unless it's proof. The accusation, the details of the girls story is evidence, the corroboration of her girlfriends are evidence, the accusations of other young girls is evidence, the fact that her mother attended court proceedings that very year is evidence. It's not absolute proof, if thats what you need in this case, but it is evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              MM you have proven over and over again then when it comes to evidence concerning a belief of yours, it doesn't exist unless it's proof. The accusation, the details of the girls story is evidence, the corroboration of her girlfriends are evidence, the accusations of other young girls is evidence, the fact that her mother attended court proceedings that very year is evidence. It's not absolute proof, if thats what you need in this case, but it is evidence.
                              You're far too credulous, Jimmy. She claims they met at a courthouse. Her friends say they kinda sorta remember Corfman dating an older man that might have been Moore (I wonder how much the prompting of the Post reporter "jogged" their memory?). She claims they talked on the phone in her bedroom, but she never had a phone in her bedroom. She claims that he was sexually inappropriate with her but doesn't give any details regarding dates or times which conveniently makes her story extraordinarily difficult if not impossible to verify, especially since she didn't say a word about it until a decade later when she told her mother. Moore flatly denies all of it.

To put it another way, there is not a shred of credible evidence that Moore did the things he was accused of. Sorry, Jimmy, you may not like it, but unless we get something more credible and concrete, the law, and common sense, demands that Moore is innocent.

Comment

• I mean that feminism is of the devil. And I mean that Satan has pretty much ruled over this country for at least the past many decades. (We even put his eye on our money.) It's no surprise that people have warped opinions about what is right and wrong in the area of sexuality. And it's no surprise that grown men on this Christian forum are throwing out the word "creepy" -- a term employed by middle-school girls as a shame-word against any male they find unattractive -- as though this term constituted some meaningful moral opinion.

Isaiah 3:12
                                As for my people, children are their oppressors,
                                and women rule over them.
                                O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err,
                                and destroy the way of thy paths.

Here is what God ACTUALLY says about the topic at hand:

Hebrews 13:4
                                Marriage is HONOURABLE in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

It's not "creepy."

Comment