Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roy Moore accused of sexual contact with 14-year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Hmm... I used to think CP was the ignorant and playful buffoon he makes himself out to be and that he was just unaware of the scams he was promoting. Then I came to realize that CP is about as unaware of it as a slimy used car salesman is of the defects in the car he's telling you is top notch. He's a totally complicit bad-faith weasel not an ignorant buffoon. He's not a poor ignorant rube who's been conned by the snake-oil salesman and needs to be rescued by well-intentioned white knights from his situation, he is the snake-oil salesman.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• sooooo... what ever happened to Ebonics?

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
        By vocation and necessity, I am a prescriptive grammarian (think school marm), but by temperament and personality, I am a descriptive grammarian (think anthropologist). I can't help it.

Also, I like to present all the options.
        Also, I like to hear myself talk and read my own words.
        Also, I find grammar fascinating.
        Also, I don't get invited to parties much.

fwiw,
        guacamole
        Umm... school marm?

Shouldn't that be "fussy old male librarian?"

"School marm" has me picturing you with poofy grey hair in a grey, floor-length skirt and a paisley blouse covering an ample bosom.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hmm... I used to think CP was the ignorant and playful buffoon he makes himself out to be and that he was just unaware of the scams he was promoting. Then I came to realize that CP is about as unaware of it as a slimy used car salesman is of the defects in the car he's telling you is top notch. He's a totally complicit bad-faith weasel not an ignorant buffoon. He's not a poor ignorant rube who's been conned by the snake-oil salesman and needs to be rescued by well-intentioned white knights from his situation, he is the snake-oil salesman.
            Being attacked by you is like being called an idiot by JimL. I simply consider the source, and revel in the irony.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'm almost convinced that Dimbulb is just a parody of delusional liberals.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                Umm... school marm?

Shouldn't that be "fussy old male librarian?"

"School marm" has me picturing you with poofy grey hair in a grey, floor-length skirt and a paisley blouse covering an ample bosom.
                Sugar, I'll be what ever you want me to be.
                "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                Save me, save me"

Comment

I think they have a saying for that in his bible. "Wolf in sheeps clothing." I'm not sure though that he really is that self aware, cognitive dissonance seems to be a character trait that runs throughout the christian community.

Comment

• Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                    Sugar, I'll be what ever you want me to be.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Ah, but it's all for Jesus and that makes it OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Ah, but it's all for Jesus and that makes it OK.
                        You guys really do deserve each other. Two pees* in a pod.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          I think they have a saying for that in his bible. "Wolf in sheeps clothing." I'm not sure though that he really is that self aware, cognitive dissonance seems to be a character trait that runs throughout the christian community.
                          Wow, an ignorant anti-Christian bigot says bad things about me. I'm shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Wow, an ignorant anti-Christian bigot says bad things about me. I'm shocked.
                            oh how horrible! Atheists don't believe in God and hate Christianity!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              oh how horrible! All Atheists don't believe in God and some atheists hate Christianity!
                              I fixed that for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                I fixed that for you...
                                I think that's fair - we just seem to draw the Christian hating variety. Usually. With notable exceptions. Of which you appear to be one. But there may be more. It's just that the Christian haters stick out more.

Getting

Comment