Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

27 Christians Murdered In Texas Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Exactly - no one would have the guts to go after him...
    Didn't the killer die from a self inflicted gunshot?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If they tried to charge him for this, there would be some real rioting in the streets.
      Never know what some hotshot public prosecutor trying to make a name for himself might do.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yep so once again, if they would just enforce the gun control laws we already have, it might have prevented this. We don't need new laws, we need to enforce the ones we have.

Comment

Too much red tape? Some idiot thought it would be too expensive/difficult to enforce?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

In this case it was an oversight by the Air Force.

But the usual reason they don't strictly enforce the gun laws is because the gun control people only really care about looking like they care but don't actually. Or cynically: maybe they WANT more gun violence to occur so they can push their agenda even more loudly. This makes them seem caring and helps them get re-elected which is what they really care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Except that I heard that people have accidentally died from combining those two chemicals?
              Usually because they are in small enclosed places and have gone "nose blind" because of the bleach.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Many of the regulations are covered by state and in some cases city laws but gun sellers are regulated by federal law and background checks are federal.

Can you think of any motive for the Administrations that have called for new laws the most being those that also enforce the current laws the least?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Didn't the killer die from a self inflicted gunshot?
                  Only after being shot by Stephen Willeford and then crashing after a 95 mph chase. Apparently he called his father and told him that he had been shot and didn't think he would make it.

According to Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety an autopsy revealed that the shooter had three gunshot wounds: one in the leg and one in the torso and a third in the head that "the medical examiner described as being consistent with being self-inflicted."

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Only after being shot by Stephen Willeford and then crashing after a 95 mph chase. Apparently he called his father and told him that he had been shot and didn't think he would make it.

According to Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety an autopsy revealed that the shooter had three gunshot wounds: one in the leg and one in the torso and a third in the head that "the medical examiner described as being consistent with being self-inflicted."

Comment

• IIRC he had two handguns in the vehicle. The rifle was the only one he carried into the church.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        IIRC he had two handguns in the vehicle. The rifle was the only one he carried into the church.
                        I didn't see anything about a handgun in the car?

Comment

IIRC he had two handguns in the vehicle. The rifle was the only one he carried into the church.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I didn't see anything about a handgun in the car?
                            Read that in this morning's Washington Post Express.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Read that in this morning's Washington Post Express.
                              I heard that he had bought four firearms over the past four years in Texas and Colorado but news accounts have focused on the rifle (which the MSM stopped calling an assault rifle and has now opted for assault-type rifle ) since that was the one used in the massacre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                But the usual reason they don't strictly enforce the gun laws is because the gun control people only really care about looking like they care but don't actually.
                                I don't really understand what you mean by this. How are gun control people solely responsible for the enforcement of laws? And what makes you think that they're not interested in gun law enforcement?

Or cynically: maybe they WANT more gun violence to occur so they can push their agenda even more loudly. This makes them seem caring and helps them get re-elected which is what they really care about.
                                Oh come on. That's ridiculous.

Comment