Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kevin Spacey's Complicated Gayness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The way you feel about sports is basically the way I feel about video games. Since I do enjoy watching baseball, I have to remind myself that it's hardly my place to criticize others for having their pastime (though I generally am able to do other things while watching a game, which people generally can't do with video games).
    Yeah, that's me - I'll watch baseball while working in my shop or something, but I don't just sit there and stare at the screen. Sometimes, if I miss what appeared to have been a good play, I'll hit rewind - but usually they'll do that for you automatically about 15 times.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• New Kevin Spacey accusations come from 'House of Cards' crew

Earlier this week, Netflix announced that the next (sixth) season of its show House of Cards would be its last -- and then suspended production -- when allegations emerged of sexual harassment by lead actor Kevin Spacey. Today, eight people who worked on the show told CNN that Spacey repeatedly sexually harassed people on set, and one said that the actor sexually assaulted him.

All eight, who had worked or currently work on House of Cards, spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of repercussions. According to them, Spacey's sexual harassment created a 'toxic' work environment across the show's run for young male crew members, which included non-consensual touching and sexually-charged comments.
      https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/02/...of-cards-crew/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        New Kevin Spacey accusations come from 'House of Cards' crew

Earlier this week, Netflix announced that the next (sixth) season of its show House of Cards would be its last -- and then suspended production -- when allegations emerged of sexual harassment by lead actor Kevin Spacey. Today, eight people who worked on the show told CNN that Spacey repeatedly sexually harassed people on set, and one said that the actor sexually assaulted him.

All eight, who had worked or currently work on House of Cards, spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of repercussions. According to them, Spacey's sexual harassment created a 'toxic' work environment across the show's run for young male crew members, which included non-consensual touching and sexually-charged comments.
        I really hate to hear this - I enjoyed his acting, particularly in --- what was it, "Pay it Forward"? Won't be able to watch his stuff anymore.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

New Kevin Spacey accusations come from 'House of Cards' crew

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/483383...rs-london-pad/
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• It all sounds like more bandwagon accusations to me.

Hollywood is like a school of piranhas. They are all evil scum, but as soon as one get a scratch and they smell blood, they all turn on them and strip them bare.

Comment

• Edited by a ModeratorEdited by a Moderator
              Moderated By: Jedidiah

These terms are against TWeb protocol

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-03-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

It all sounds like more bandwagon accusations to me.

Hollywood is like a school of piranhas. They are all evil scum, but as soon as one get a scratch and they smell blood, they all turn on them and strip them bare.

Hence, the "me too" movement.

Comment

• Agreed, I grew up in an Italian immigrant neighborhood - a lot of butt pinching going on! Of course a lot of slapped faces too...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    To be fair, probably most of the child audience that saw the film on its release wouldn't process that.
                    What made it funny was that the entire room was crying - and most of them weren't kids.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      It is not good if a bunch of innocent people also get accused of a heinous act that will forever tarnish their reputation.
                      They want to work in cesspool of Hollywood, then dirt flies on them. Surprise!
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        Huh. Don't think I ever heard anyone say that they hated videogames. I don't mind video games, but the fanbase for a lot of games can be overbearing. I guess, unlike sports, you can probably be thankful that video games don't come up much unless you go out of your way to find forums or something that refer to them.
                        Well, that's sort of the thing here on TWeb. A high percentage of the small talk here deals with inside jokes and video games, and I just couldn't care less about either. Few people here like sports it seems.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Well, that's sort of the thing here on TWeb. A high percentage of the small talk here deals with inside jokes and video games, and I just couldn't care less about either. Few people here like sports it seems.
                          Interesting. My impression was that the overwhelming majority of people on this forum are likely into sports while a vocal minority are into things like video game culture and weird anime cartoons. I don't really care for the inside jokes, cartoons, or video game talk that much myself, but it's easy enough to avoid, and outside of youth based forums I almost never see it in the real world (with the exception of inside jokes, but who doesn't have those ). Come to think of it, it is strange that there isn't more sports talk on this forum, not that I'm complaining.
                          Last edited by Adrift; 11-03-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I couldn't care less about video games either. The few computer games I do play are now positively ancient (AD&D gold box games). I like football, but generally talk about that elsewhere, with others who have given their allegiance to the same team.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I like curling (the sport) and Flipwords (the computer game).
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment