Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kevin Spacey's Complicated Gayness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    To be fair, he's obviously saying that he's choosing to live openly as a gay man, and not that he's choosing to be gay.
    I don't know if that's exactly the case. If you read his entire twitter he states,

"As those closest to me know, I have had relationships with both men and women. I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man."

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      But liberals have explained that homosexuality is not a matter of choice. He must be lying.
      Actually no, what he said is that now he chooses to live as a gay man, not that he chose to be gay. He's obviously bi-sexual.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Intentional ... yeah. That's it. Intentional

Go ahead and report it. I double, no wait, triple dog dare ya.
        I was going to report it, but I clicked 'Amen' by mistake....
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          I was going to report it, but I clicked 'Amen' by mistake....
          I KNOW this is about me!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I KNOW this is about me!
            Drat! Did it again! Your gonna be annoyed at me, don't you?
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Corey Feldman, who has been very vocal about gay pedophiles in Hollywood, is now saying that at long last he is going to start naming names.

Comment

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the press gives some of them a pass when they are exposed. Like how several news programs while providing a chronological list of previous scandals all skipped over the exact same person failing to include him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the press gives some of them a pass when they are exposed. Like how several news programs while providing a chronological list of previous scandals all skipped over the exact same person failing to include him.

Comment

Are you kidding? Family Guy had an episode years ago with a naked boy running saying he escaped Kevin Spacey's basement. People knew Tass, it was accepted.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I got bored with the show way back in season 1. Then again, I do tend to get bored with TV shows pretty easily....
                      I could only watch part of the first episode before I got bored with it.

but the title is ironically appropriate in reference to Spacey's career which just came tumbling down like a house of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I could only watch part of the first episode before I got bored with it.

but the title is ironically appropriate in reference to Spacey's career which just came tumbling down like a house of cards.
                        Well I did like the series, I watched all five. It looks like they stopped production on season six because of new allegations:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/hou...nt-1201892920/
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          But liberals have explained that homosexuality is not a matter of choice. He must be lying.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Are you kidding? Family Guy had an episode years ago with a naked boy running saying he escaped Kevin Spacey's basement. People knew Tass, it was accepted.
                            I don't know how much Family Guy, of all shows, ought to exactly be our litmus test or barometer of truth. If you've ever watched the show, it's sort of known for it's over-exaggerations, and playing with concepts that are incredibly disturbing in a light-hearted and acceptable way. I mean, one of the main characters on the show is a old man pedophile who gets away with implying that he has had or that he wants to have sex with children in every episode he shows up in. Another main character, one of the shows protagonists, is implied to have had nonconsensual sex a number of times with multiple people, and is heavily into all sorts of disturbing kinks. I doubt Seth MacFarlane knew that Kevin Spacey had made moves on a child. The naked boy running around in the clip is one of the main characters in the show, and he's often shown acting and doing things, especially sexual things, that adults do. I imagine it's just as likely, maybe more so, that if MacFarlane knew of any rumors about Spacey at all, it was probably rumors about him making sexual advances towards young men, not teenagers or children.

Comment

As I pointed out earlier, Spacey stated that he swings between men and women. He may be bi, but it may be that, like Kinsey theorized, he simply thinks sexuality is fluid, and has, for this period in his life, preferred homosexual partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                I imagine it's just as likely, maybe more so, that if MacFarlane knew of any rumors about Spacey at all, it was probably rumors about him making sexual advances towards young men, not teenagers or children.
                                The point is that his proclivities were not secret. And one of his accusers was only fourteen at the time - do you think that was his first and only?

Comment