Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Atheists are at it again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Look at the zeal and fervor with which the local atheists attack Christianity. It's part of their "faith"*.

*said half in jest, but yet, here they are.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• If we use a strict definition of "religion" then atheism probably doesn't fit; however, almost every atheist I've ever encountered online or in person certainly promotes their worldview with a religious fervor making it almost indistinguishable from an actual religion.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          If we use a strict definition of "religion" then atheism probably doesn't fit; however, every almost atheist I've ever encountered online or in person certainly promotes their worldview with a religious fervor making it almost indistinguishable from an actual religion.
          EGGzackly! And if you read the Humanist Manifesto, the atheists here (including the self-admitted atheist who is ashamed to call himself that so he hides behind the name "agnostic") pretty much subscribe to that "doctrine" pretty religiously.

In addition, the signatories of the Humanist Manifesto include some of their heroes of faithlessness!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The late Douglas Adams was one of the few atheists I know of who had the courage to positively assert his worldview (he referred to himself as a "radical atheist"). His arguments were terrible, of course, as pro-atheism arguments generally are, but at least he was honest about what he believed. That's more than I can say for most atheists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              He did not believe in the Trinity, but he did believe in Jesus, and his God. He even SAID he was a Christian!

Let me repeat:

Thomas Jefferson considered himself a Christian, not a Deist.

I am a real ChristianI am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others.
              -- Thomas Jefferson, Memoir, Correspondence, and Miscellanies from the Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Randolph, editor (Boston: Grey & Bowen, 1830), Vol. III, p. 506, to Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803

As were the other founding fathers.

https://wallbuilders.com/founding-fa...tianity-bible/
              He didn't believe in the biblical Yahwey which is the christian god, he didn't believe in the god Jesus, aka the christ, which is the christian god. What Jefferson believed was that Jesus was a great moral humanist philosopher and preacher, not a god, and he believed as a Deist in a god similar to the one Jesus preached of. Now you can call that a christian if you want, but it's not a christian by definition. What Jefferson is saying is that he believes he is a christian according to his own beliefs concerning the man Jesus, but he is not a christian according to christianity. "I am a sect unto myself, as far as I know."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The late Douglas Adams was one of the few atheists I know of who had the courage to positively assert his worldview (he referred to himself as a "radical atheist"). His arguments were terrible, of course, as pro-atheism arguments generally are, but at least he was honest about what he believed. That's more than I can say for most atheists.
                The atheists worldview is that there is no god, how much more honest would you like them to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  He didn't believe in the biblical Yahwey which is the christian god, he didn't believe in the god Jesus, aka the christ, which is the christian god. What Jefferson believed was that Jesus was a great moral humanist philosopher and preacher, not a god, and he believed as a Deist in a god similar to the one Jesus preached of. Now you can call that a christian if you want, but it's not a christian by definition. What Jefferson is saying is that he believes he is a christian according to his own beliefs concerning the man Jesus, but he is not a christian according to christianity. "I am a sect unto myself, as far as I know."
                  my God (the Christian one) you are a moron. He SAID he was a Christian. In. His. Own. Words.

Whether we would consider him orthodox is besides the matter. We would not. He was not a Trinitarian. He was more like a Unitarian. But he believed not only in Jesus Christ, but in his teachings and doctrines which were based on YAHWEH and him being Jesus' father. Jefferson knew all that and believed it and followed it. That is not "deism" that is just unorthodox Christianity. He believed that Jesus was God's son, but he did not believe that Jesus was God.

Comment

The atheists worldview is that there is no god, how much more honest would you like them to be?
                    Speaking of honest, when are you going to change your faith designation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      my God (the Christian one) you are a moron. He SAID he was a Christian. In. His. Own. Words.

Whether we would consider him orthodox is besides the matter. We would not. He was not a Trinitarian. He was more like a Unitarian. But he believed not only in Jesus Christ, but in his teachings and doctrines which were based on YAHWEH and him being Jesus' father. Jefferson knew all that and believed it and followed it. That is not "deism" that is just unorthodox Christianity. He believed that Jesus was God's son, but he did not believe that Jesus was God.
                      So, in order to be a christian, one doesn't have to believe in Jesus as christ god? Gotcha.

Comment

Well then, they can call themselves christian if they want, but if they don't believe that Jesus is god, then they simply aren't christian.
                        Interesting reversal here. When convenient anyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian when atheists use that in debate.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Speaking of honest, when are you going to change your faith designation?
                          As far as i'm concerned, since no one can say with certainty that god exists, or does not exist, then everyone is agnostic, including you.

Comment

A short time later....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            As far as i'm concerned, since no one can say with certainty that god exists, or does not exist, then everyone is agnostic, including you.
                            Not necessarily contradictory, but I do find it kind of amusing.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Don't look now, Jimmy, but you just made a positive declaration for which you bear the burden of proof. Now let's see you try and prove it.

Comment

Jim, seriously, why do you do this to yourself? Words actually have meanings, and this kind of statement just shows that you're either not at all serious in debate, or you are profoundly ignorant.

Even your statement about agnostic and atheist "being the same" was disputed by our Tweb atheists.

I'm just about convinced that you CAN'T be that ignorant -- that you must, indeed, just be a lonely jackwagon with nothing better to do than to troll Christians.

Comment