Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post

That just shows your ignorance. You won't know what juniors meeting with the Russian lawyer, translator/agent et. al. means until the investigation is over.

Comment

They are not profiting from misogyny, their campaigns have profited from a guy who turns out to have been a misogynyst. Returning it would be stupid, donating it might be a good public relations move to placate the idiots out there that might associate the donation with an acceptance of misogyny. But other than for public relations, the whole idea of returning the monies is ridiculous.
      weinstein made his money bullying people (including, and apparently especially, women), trying to separate the guy from the money doesn't cut it. And it's pretty much an open secret that hollywood is a hotbed of sexual violence against both women and children but nothing is ever done about it because of how much political power people like weinstein wield. And because idiots like you are fine with this corrupt arrangement nothing will change.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        weinstein made his money bullying people (including, and apparently especially, women), trying to separate the guy from the money doesn't cut it. And it's pretty much an open secret that hollywood is a hotbed of sexual violence against both women and children but nothing is ever done about it because of how much political power people like weinstein wield. And because idiots like you are fine with this corrupt arrangement nothing will change.
        Right, like you know the guys entire life story. All you know is that he used his position to abuse some women, the rest of the above is just blather.

Comment

They are not profiting from misogyny, their campaigns have profited from a guy who turns out to have been a misogynyst. Returning it would be stupid, donating it might be a good public relations move to placate the idiots out there that might associate the donation with an acceptance of misogyny. But other than for public relations, the whole idea of returning the monies is ridiculous.
          Please. For decades whenever anyone who has contributed money to conservatives is shown to have done something wrong the left immediately demands that everyone return their "dirty money."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That just shows your ignorance. You won't know what juniors meeting with the Russian lawyer, translator/agent et. al. means until the investigation is over.
            But you sure think that you do

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I didn't vote for Trump.
              Who did you vote for?
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Hollywood sleazebag that they all worshiped because he was a kingmaker and a queenmaker, but when exposed as a worse-than-Trump womanizer, they have to pretend to be outraged and run from him like scalded dogs.
                So basically the stereotypical hollywood producer as shown in so many movies as the sleazebag who takes advantages of starlets? Truth imitates fiction once again.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  As an aside: I don't quite get the point of returning money other than virtue signalling. Isn't parting bad people of their money basically a good thing?
                  So, the Pastor called the deacons together, because they had just received a huge contribution for the Church.
                  The problem was - it was the tithe from a member who had won YUGE at gambling.

They pondered this very question - should we return the money?

After some deliberation and prayer, they turned to Jeremiah, their oldest wisest Deacon who was kinda like E F Hutton --- everybody listened to Jeremiah.

He said, "Well, Pastor, I have prayed all over this, and the Lord revealed to me that the Devil has had that money long enough!!!!!"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm sure this is your exact same view when Republicans get huge sums of cash from scrupulous donors. One area where you are doggedly consistent, Jimmy --- in your hypocrisy.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right, like you know the guys entire life story. All you know is that he used his position to abuse some women, the rest of the above is just blather.
                      Wow! What were you saying about Trump just a few months ago relative to the same kind of accusations? Jimmy, when one looks up "hypocrisy" in the dictionary, there's a picture of YOU!

Comment

Well, you must really be brainwashed then. I've always wondered how it is that conservatives could be so easily played. Still don't get it exactly, but if you can't admit to yourself of the constant lying from Trump, then it has to be a brainwashing of some sort.

Yeah, you have the contrast bass ackwards. That video was part of the russian propaganda campaign in support of Trump.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...p-truth-o-met/
                        ROFL!!!! If the russians put that together, they did a masterful job. The video speaks for itself. Hillary condemns herself throughout. There is no commentary, it is just her contradicting herself and lying. You can't dismiss it as propaganda. It is just lie after lie as told by Hillary herself!

I appreciate that, even as a liberal I like and respect J. Kasich and wouldn't have minded so much had he become president. Sorry to have to tell you though, but you went with the noper, not the nope, you dope.
                        well, JimL, as I said, I am thoroughly enjoying watching you guys foam at the mouth, so I think I voted for the right guy.

Comment

This coming from the guy who acts like he knows everything about Trump and how he treats women and how he colludes with Russians, etc based on rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I'm sure this is your exact same view when Republicans get huge sums of cash from scrupulous donors. One area where you are doggedly consistent, Jimmy --- in your hypocrisy.
                            At least Jimmy doesn't even try to pretend to be objective. He is pretty openly hypocritically biased.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I still have no idea who Harvey Weinstein is
                              I didn't know anything about his politics, but as a movie buff the Weinstein brothers, and particularly Harvey, have backed some of the most creative movie projects since the 90s, and mostly (as far as I know) left the creative types to their work. Which (again, as I understand it) was/is an alternative to how many big name movie producers do things, where most big production companies don't seem to recognize talent, and when they do, they tend to add their own two cents which see the creative types often compromising their vision. The Weinsteins were owners of two mid-tier movie studios, Mirimax, and then in the last decade or so, The Weinstein Company. They were initially responsible for the creative output of lots of artsy smallish budget films like:

The Thin Blue Line
                              Sex, Lies, and Videotape
                              My Left Foot
                              Cinema Paradiso
                              The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover
                              Hardware
                              Delicatessen
                              Reservoir Dogs
                              The Crying Game
                              Strictly Ballroom
                              Like Water for Chocolate
                              Farewell My Concubine
                              The Piano
                              The Three Colors trilogy
                              The Crow
                              Pulp Fiction
                              Clerks
                              Heavenly Creatures
                              Muriel's Wedding
                              The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
                              Smoke
                              Il Postino
                              Kids
                              Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead
                              Chungking Express
                              Dead Man
                              Trainspotting
                              Basquiat
                              Swingers
                              Chasing Amy
                              Life is Beautiful
                              Velvet Goldmine
                              Princess Mononoke
                              The Cider House Rules
                              The Talented Mr. Ripley

If you got into film in the late 80s/90s like I did, their name was basically like a who's who of great indie and foreign films. Their discovery of Quentin Tarantino, though, is probably what put them on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                MM, we are not all anal retentive grammar nerds like a few of you here are. OMG, the humanity, he didn't use an apostrophe!

I notice you put extra care and attention into your spelling and grammar in this post, so good job. I guess you can teach a dumb dog new tricks.

Although you missed one. "Junior" should probably be capitalized since you're using it as a proper name, and it should be "Junior's" with the apostrophe s since you're using it in the possessive sense. Better luck next time.

And speaking of Junior's meeting, you know how I know there's nothing to it? Remember all the breathless reporting from the mainstream media as they uncovered one juicy detail after the next? And remember how those reports just suddenly dried up and disappeared? It's not hard to figure out why. Well, maybe it's hard for you to figure it out but not for anybody of average intelligence.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment