Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    [*]Tassy trying to prove that ILGA was "infiltrated" by NAMBLA, but pitching a hissy because I added "unbeknownst to ILGA" (which is the very definition of "infiltrated")

Yeah if they knowingly "infiltrated" the IGLA, I think the word Tassy is looking for is "joined."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yeah if they knowingly "infiltrated" the IGLA, I think the word Tassy is looking for is "joined."
      I think he forgot he made the claims about "infiltrated", and tried to cover his butt by protesting to the "unbeknownst to ILGA".

Here we go again, just for fun....

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Hmmmmm.... dishonest spin, huh?

In short, NAMBLA infiltrated ILGA before it had sufficient vetting procedures in place.
      Yes, three pedophile groups infiltrated ILGA.
      ...ILGA never endorsed pedophilia and expelled the three pedophile organisations that had infiltrated its ranks...
      And, ANTICIPATING Tassy would try to weasel out of it by objecting to my inclusion of "unbeknownst to ILGA", I added....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Is it now your position that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA WITH their knowledge?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jimmy, honey, Tassy is the one whose defense implies that gays and lesbians are really stupid people. You might want to help him with that.
        Jimmy, honey! I appreciate the sentiment CP, but sorry, I'm not gay myself, so I'm not interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Jimmy, honey! I appreciate the sentiment CP, but sorry, I'm not gay myself, so I'm not interested.
          Homophobe!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Did the ILGA kick you out too, like they did NAMBLA?

Comment

Yes, I looked up his bio myself, and it's also at the end of the material I cited. Apparently, you closed your eyes to what I posted, then requested the link so you could ignore the source, too!

Actually, you need to read the article, Tassy. He said "Fairness obliges us first to consider NAMBLA's own words", and he presents them, then he continues his article, coming to this conclusion...

Tests of character seldom accommodate themselves to our schedule. In the case of NAMBLA, not to decide is to decide. By canceling the membership of NAMBLA and other pedophile organizations, ILGA would not be denying anyone's right of self-expression but exercising its own.
              It is time to tell NAMBLA and its kin to express their views elsewhere, without the benefit of ILGA's assistance or its name.

Do ya get that, Tassy? NAMBLA had been a part of ILGA all that time, but there came a point where Rosendall declared it was time to end it. NAMBLA HAD been enjoying "the benefit of ILGA's assistance", but there came a time when that had to end, and it all had to do with the outside pressure, as I have proven time and time again, using gay and lesbian websites and citations.

Interesting that you want to tarnish him by accusing him of defending NAMBLA, when he was calling for their ouster, and had been instructed by the gay and lesbian organizations he represented to VOTE FOR EXPULSION.

ALSO from GLAA - you know, a GAY LESBIAN site...

Reply To: Rick Rosendall

Dear Editor:

Reed Irvine of Accuracy in Media ("Dissing the 'Dish' about pedophilia," Letters, Dec. 28) defends the work on pedophilia done by Dr. Timothy Dailey of the Family Research Council, and questions the motives of International Lesbian and Gay Association delegates who voted in 1994 to expel NAMBLA and other pedophile groups.

I was there as a delegate at the ILGA World Conference in New York City in 1994, as Mr. Irvine was not, when we voted to expel the pedophile groups. There was a small minority defending the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA), but they were defeated by an 89 percent majority after a debate that featured impassioned calls for the protection of children and youth from exploitation...

NAMBLA HAD BEEN a very active partner with ILGA, but there came a time where Rosendall declared "it's time they go".

I'm not citing stuff from the right, or from Christians or even evangelical Christians, Tassy - my cites come from the GAY AND LESBIAN community, and they back up exactly what I'm claiming.

Now, do what you do best...
              • pitch a fit
              • make false accusations disparaging my honesty
              • get really confused on the issues and shoot yourself in the foot
              • come up with goofy theories you cannot support
              • declare that NAMBLA "infiltrated" ILGA, then get mad because you somehow think this wasn't done without ILGA's knowledge
              • demand links so you can better ignore them
              • come up with diversions challenging my motives, cause you can't deal with the truth I post
              • repeat

Cause, obvioulsy, that's all ya got!
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              That was JimL's first attempt to explain away the 10 year membership. Now apparently the story is that NAMBLA infliltrated IGLA and deceived them for 10 years but when the brave LGBTQRSTs found out they booted NAMBLA to the curb like good upstanding citizens!
              How do YOU

Comment

• Which, being interpreted means - here comes the spin....

WOW! That's PROGRESS!!!!

but there came a time where Rosendall declared "it's time they go".
                Finally got it through your thick skull that Rosendall was NOT "defending NAMBLA", eh? Yes, when the outside pressure mounted, and ILGA was concerned for their own agenda, they realized it was time to throw their NAMBLA buddies under the bus.

"There was a small minority defending the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA),
                And you can add JimL to that list! But, yes, there had been consternation within ILGA the whole time, which, of course, indicates they KNEW NAMBLA was there. A little more research on my part reveals it was actually a Lesbian coalition that was concerned pretty much the whole time that NAMBLA was, by your own admission, an active partner of ILGA.

And, after NAMBLA had been in partnership for a DECADE, it was time for them to go for political expediency.

but they were defeated by an 89 percent majority after a debate that featured impassioned calls for the protection of children and youth from exploitation..." From your link.
                Wildly out of context, but that's no surprise.

So, you're abandoning all your other goofy ideas?
                You no longer believe that nonsense idea that NABLA "ifiltrated" ILGA?

Maybe we're making progress!!!!

Comment

Which, being interpreted means - here comes the spin....
                  You would know all about "spin".

WOW! That's PROGRESS!!!!
                  Oh really! Nobody has denied that NAMBLA, along with all 400+ members of ILGA had been active participants of ILGA. More to the point, are you insinuating that ILGA and NAMBLA had shared values regarding pedophilia?

Finally got it through your thick skull that Rosendall was NOT "defending NAMBLA", eh? Yes, when the outside pressure mounted, and ILGA was concerned for their own agenda, they realized it was time to throw their NAMBLA buddies under the bus.
                  But, yes, there had been consternation within ILGA the whole time, which, of course, indicates they KNEW NAMBLA was there. A little more research on my part reveals it was actually a Lesbian coalition that was concerned pretty much the whole time that NAMBLA was, by your own admission, an active partner of ILGA.
                  Which is kinda the point isn't it?

And, after NAMBLA had been in partnership for a DECADE, it was time for them to go for political expediency.
                  Wildly out of context, but that's no surprise.
                  Are you denying
                  So, you're abandoning all your other goofy ideas?
                  You no longer believe that nonsense idea that NABLA "ifiltrated" ILGA?
                  I repeat that Hans Hjerpekjon, secretary-general of ILGA, said that NAMBLA joined ILGA when it was a loose network with no rules for admission or effective vetting procedures. This is obviously an explanation of how ILGA found itself with an organisation in its midst with contrary goals and values to its own. And why, ultimately, ILGA expelled them.

Maybe we're making progress!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    You would know all about "spin".
                    Yes, and I'm detecting BOATLOADS of it in every post you write. And you continue your spin again in the very next sentence....

Oh really! Nobody has denied that NAMBLA, along with all 400+ members of ILGA had been active participants of ILGA.
                    This thread is FULL of your goofy denials and 'explanations' trying to minimize NAMBLA's role at every turn. Your incredibly goofy "NAMBLA infiltrated ILGA" assertion is a classic example of your "dog ate my homework" apologetic.

Like here...
                    They were never closely allied. ILGA comprises a loosely knit member organization comprising some 400 national LGBT groups in many different countries, of which NAMBLA was just one group and which was subsequently expelled.

Spin. That's quite a bit different than you finally admitting they were "active participants".

The FACTS are that ILGA and NAMBLA were partners (which you NOW seem to admit) for a DECADE, and NAMBLA was only expelled after outside pressure. That is the record, and those are the facts.

And, the thread is full of your statements like....

The International LBGT Association rejected NAMBLA's membership, your biased spin is irrelevant.
                    ... often followed by "end of story". It was obviously NOT "end of story", but only your attempt to make it sound like ILGA was against NAMBLA at every turn. That makes it sound like NAMBLA applied for membership, and ILGA said no. Obviously, that is NOT what happened. That's only your biased spin.

In fact, you were SO determined to defend ILGA that you even got major facts backwards, like claiming that Rosendall was a member of NAMBLA trying to defend NAMBLA. How did you manage to screw THAT up?

You're a joke. And an ignorant and insolent one, at that.

Actually, that would not be inconsistent with anything I've said this entire thread, so that's just more goofy spin on your part. That's only something you manufactured in your big empty anti-Christian bigoted imagination. So, on my pat, not "progress", but consistency.

The record is here for all to see.

Now maybe you can take some time to help JimL figure out what a "boy" is.

Comment

• Folks, we are now entering the "saving face" portion of the debate between Tassy/JimL and Cow Poke et al.

This is where they have to admit CP was right all along but save face by trying to minimize their admission as much as possible. Such strategies as "they were just an inconsequential small part of IGLA" and "Most members of IGLA eventually booted them out so..." will be used. If this fails they will try more insults and then claim that this is not worth their time and CP can believe whatever he wants, and goodbye! as they run away.

We now continue with the thread already in progress...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Folks, we are now entering the "saving face" portion of the debate between Tassy/JimL and Cow Poke et al.

This is where they have to admit CP was right all along but save face by trying to minimize their admission as much as possible. Such strategies as "they were just an inconsequential small part of IGLA" and "Most members of IGLA eventually booted them out so..." will be used. If this fails they will try more insults and then claim that this is not worth their time and CP can believe whatever he wants, and goodbye! as they run away.

We now continue with the thread already in progress...
                        My favorite parts, so far, were (in no particular order)...
                        • JimL defending NAMBLA while Tassman was trying to minimize their role and declaring them unacceptable
                        • JimL's confusion as to what a "boy" is (that takes the cake!)
                        • Tassman's total screw-up on Rosendall's role, claiming he was defending NAMBLA while he was, in fact, calling for NAMBLA's expulsion
                        • Tassman repeatedly and unwittingly implying that gays and lesbians are really really stupid people and too incompetent to run an organization
                        • Tassman, when finally dragged kicking and screaming to the truth, pretends he's been saying that all along - "we agree!"
                        • Exposing the extreme anti-Christian bias in Tassman while he's making false accusations of extreme bias against gays
                        • Calling out Tassman for his false accusations, and seeing him incapable of providing even ONE example that I (or others) am homophobic
                        • Tassmans's little temper tantrums jumping to ignorant conclusions about motive
                        • Tassman's continual spin, while accusing me and others of spin

This has been a very educational experience!
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-20-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

My favorite parts, so far, were (in no particular order)...
                          • JimL defending NAMBLA while Tassman was trying to minimize their role and declaring them unacceptable
                          • JimL's confusion as to what a "boy" is (that takes the cake!)
                          • Tassman's total screw-up on Rosendall's role, claiming he was defending NAMBLA while he was, in fact, calling for NAMBLA's expulsion
                          • Tassman repeatedly and unwittingly implying that gays and lesbians are really really stupid people and too incompetent to run an organization
                          • Tassman, when finally dragged kicking and screaming to the truth, pretends he's been saying that all along - "we agree!"
                          • Exposing the extreme anti-Christian bias in Tassman while he's making false accusations of extreme bias against gays
                          • Calling out Tassman for his false accusations, and seeing him incapable of providing even ONE example that I (or others) am homophobic
                          • Tassmans's little temper tantrums jumping to ignorant conclusions about motive
                          • Tassman's continual spin, while accusing me and others of spin

This has been a very educational experience!
                          It's just not sporting to engage in a battle of wits with those who are less than adequately armed.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            It's just not sporting to engage in a battle of wits with those who are less than adequately armed.
                            My mother once told me - after she cleaned my clock - "next time you come to me for a battle of wits, don't leave your equipment at home".

(When I see portrayals of stereotypical Jewish Mothers, I wonder how I turned out a Baptist - I think she was one of "them" )

Comment

My mother once told me - after she cleaned my clock - "next time you come to me for a battle of wits, don't leave your equipment at home".

(When I see portrayals of stereotypical Jewish Mothers, I wonder how I turned out a Baptist - I think she was one of "them" )
                              The portrayal I most remember is from The Life of Brian.

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                The portrayal I most remember is from The Life of Brian.

There was an episode of Blue Bloods - Men in Black - where they were investigating the death of a Jewish Rebbe, and a Jewish detective was assigned to assist Reagan and Baez. At one point, the Jewish detective volunteered to check with his confidential informant for any clues. The conversation went something like...

Jewish Detective: I'll call my confidential informant who sees everything that happens in that neighborhood and has the lowdown on everybody.
                                Baez: Sounds like a real piece of work!
                                Jewish Detective: Do I insult YOUR mother?

Comment