Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That's what we call a question Zymo. Can you answer?
    A 15 year old wanting to have sex with an adult shows that they don't have enough sense to make an informed decision. Which is precisely why we have age of consent laws and statutory rape laws.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting, all of a sudden you can't understand what I'm getting at. Your disgust is obviously directed at homosexuality, not at age differences.
      You didn't even mention homosexuality in your initial question. Where did that come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        So now you guys are going go with the idea that the North American Man/Boy Love Association just recently took on the pedophile thing? That they weren't always into pedophilia? Unbelievable.
        Prove that the Organization formed as a supprter of pedophilia. Alan Ginsberg became a member and got painted with the same brush as you are trying to paint IGLA with, as supporters of pedophilia. They were simply against the age of consent laws and the oppression, harrassment, and arrest of youth. As Blake wrote " One law for the Lion and the Ox is oppression."

Comment

• This thread:

CarefreeMindlessAustrianpinscher-max-1mb.gif
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            This thread:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25114[/ATTACH]
            Tough to look away, isn't it?
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Prove that the Organization formed as a supprter of pedophilia. Alan Ginsberg became a member and got painted with the same brush as you are trying to paint IGLA with, as supporters of pedophilia. They were simply against the age of consent laws and the oppression, harrassment, and arrest of youth. As Blake wrote " One law for the Lion and the Ox is oppression."
              Ginsberg was most likely a pedophile and that is why he joined NAMBLA

"Attacks on NAMBLA stink of politics, witchhunting for profit, humorlessness, vanity, anger and ignorance ... I'm a member of NAMBLA, because I love boys too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Ginsberg was most likely a pedophile and that is why he joined NAMBLA

"Attacks on NAMBLA stink of politics, witchhunting for profit, humorlessness, vanity, anger and ignorance ... I'm a member of NAMBLA, because I love boys tooeverybody does, who has a little humanity." - Allen Ginsberg

NAMBLA ain't the boy scouts, JIML.
                Loving boys doesn't a pedophile make Sparko. Ginsberg is clearly trying to show the distinction between loving boys and being a pedophile. Love and sex aren't synonymous. If he said; "I love girls too-everybody does, who has a little humanity," would you automatically take that to mean he is a pedophile?

Comment

• Honest question: a grown man saying "I love boys" doesn't sound creepy to you?

Comment

Honest question: a grown man saying "I love boys" doesn't sound creepy to you?
                    It depends on the context, actually; "love" is such a broad term in English that it could be either creepy or completely innocuous.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Loving boys doesn't a pedophile make Sparko. Ginsberg is clearly trying to show the distinction between loving boys and being a pedophile. Love and sex aren't synonymous. If he said; "I love girls too-everybody does, who has a little humanity," would you automatically take that to mean he is a pedophile?
                      In the context of supporting an organization which even you admit is trying to do away with "age of consent" laws, there is no distinction between love and sex. Quit digging, Jim. You're starting to creep me out.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        It depends on the context, actually; "love" is such a broad term in English that it could be either creepy or completely innocuous.
                        Well, sure. A parent could laugh at their 2-year old son crashing his monster trucks and say, "I love boys," and that wouldn't be creepy.

So maybe I should be more specific: in the context of Ginsberg's quote, does anybody not find that creepy?
                        Last edited by Zymologist; 11-30-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

no, you aren't defending NAMBLA at all, JimL. Not one bit!

JimL he was minimizing. Downplaying his involvement trying to make it look innocent. Just like every other guilty person who is exposed. Like Al Franken: I don't remember it that way, I am just a friendly person.

Like I showed you earlier, NAMBLA never hid that it was for pedophilia. But do you think it's members go around bragging that they are pedophiles? When caught, they minimize their role. "Sure I love boys, who doesn't?" they say.

And yes, if he belonged to the Man Girl Love association that supported pedophilia then I would think he was a pedophile.

If David Duke said that he wasn't a racist but he just joined the KKK because he "likes bon fires, who doesn't?" would you believe him?

Comment

Well, sure. A parent could laugh at their 2-year old son crashing his monster trucks and say, "I love boys," and that wouldn't be creepy.

So maybe I should be more specific: in the context of Ginsberg's quote, does anybody not find that creepy?
                            It could be that the creepiness is in your own head, not Ginsbergs. All I'm trying to point out is that some very prominent people supported and defended NAMBLA back in the day and IGLAs admission of them at that time doesn't make them supporters of pedophilia which they as an organization have made perfectly clear that they are not.

Comment

It could be that the creepiness is in your own head not Ginsbergs. All I'm trying to point out is that some very prominent people supported and defended NAMBLA back in the day and IGLAs admission of them at that time doesn't make them supporters of pedophilia which they as an organization have made perfectly clear that they are not.
                              Except it does, JimL. It does make them supporters of pedophilia.

And contrary to your assertions, NAMBLA has made it perfectly clear that they support pedophilia. That's what they do.

If Trump supported the KKK would that make him a supporter of racism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                First you say you don't know about NAMBLA's views and you are not defending them...

Then you proceed to tell us what you think NAMBLA's views are and agree with them.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.
                                If he weren't so intellectually challenged, I'd say he was doing this on purpose just to annoy us. The sad thing is, I think he really believes some of the crap he's saying.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment