Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    What age would you say CP? How old were you before you were able to think for yourself?
    Jim, really, you need to stop, you are making yourself look bad...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      So...because I personally wouldn't have been disgusted, as a teenager, by a proposition from an older woman, I'm a hypocrite? I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at here.
      Hmmm, interesting, all of a sudden you can't understand what I'm getting at. Your disgust is obviously directed at homosexuality, not at age differences.

Comment

No, I don't really know NAMBLA and I can't find anything definitive about their policy views. That's the basis upon which I am defending IGLA, not NAMBLA.

I think that what NAMBLAs argument was is that everyone is different and so an actual age of consent is arbitrary and so unjustly applied to post pubescent youth. I tend to agree with that, as a matter of fact that is obviously true, so I don't really have an answer to that question.
        What is wrong with you? Dude this is literally what their front page looks like:

They have articles on remembering Michael Jackson and his love of boys. They have letters supposedly written by children as young as 11 year-olds in a section called Boys Speak Out. Their Historical Background section discusses in detail love for children. Not "post pubescent youths", but CHILDREN! Stop defending these rejects in the hopes of wining an internet argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Which is why you will continue defending NAMBLA, all the while denying that's what you're doing.
          I don't think Jim is defending NAMBLA so much as trying to understand its argument. Nowadays it's fairly clear that it's an overtly pedophile organisation and as such is indefensible. But initially, it dressed its argument up as a defence of sexual minorities and questioned the age of consent laws. This probably explains why ILGA allowed them under its umbrella at first as a member organisation...a decision it subsequently reversed.

What should the age of consent be, Jimmy?
          Well apparently Roy Moore thinks its 14 y.o.

Comment

What age would you say CP? How old were you before you were able to think for yourself?
            I knew that children having sex with adults was sick, Jimmy. You are one sick puppy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              I don't think Jim is defending NAMBLA so much as trying to understand its argument. Nowadays it's fairly clear that it's an overtly pedophile organisation and as such is indefensible. But initially, it dressed its argument up as a defence of sexual minorities and questioned the age of consent laws. This probably explains why ILGA allowed them under its umbrella at first as a member organisation...a decision it subsequently reversed.

So now you guys are going go with the idea that the North American Man/Boy Love Association just recently took on the pedophile thing? That they weren't always into pedophilia? Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                I don't think Jim is defending NAMBLA so much as trying to understand its argument. Nowadays it's fairly clear that it's an overtly pedophile organisation and as such is indefensible.
                Wow. And you think they started out as a social club and only degenerated into a bunch of perverts because....?

But initially, it dressed its argument up as a defence of sexual minorities and questioned the age of consent laws.
                And nobody had the brains to question WHY they would do that?

This probably explains why ILGA allowed them under its umbrella at first as a member organisation...a decision it subsequently reversed.
                You have no basis in fact to believe that. It is only wishful thinking on your part.

So, let's see.... you can make all kinds of assumptions in favor of ILGA because it was "decades ago", but Ray Moore "thinks" that.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  So now you guys are going go with the idea that the North American Man/Boy Love Association just recently took on the pedophile thing? That they weren't always into pedophilia? Unbelievable.
                  Yeah, If it was an advocacy group for age of consent laws on behalf of minors, they couldn't have picked a much worse name.

Comment

How old were you before you were able to think for yourself?
                    I'm not sure you've attained that yourself, Jim. You rarely evince any semblance of ability to do so. I'll present this conversation as an example: most people would have realized the need to stop digging well before it got to this point.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Wow. And you think they started out as a social club and only degenerated into a bunch of perverts because....?
                      And nobody had the brains to question WHY they would do that?
                      Apparently not, at least not at the beginning. Especially as NAMBLA was just a very small cog in the wheel.

You have no basis in fact to believe that. It is only wishful thinking on your part.
                      So, let's see.... you can make all kinds of assumptions in favor of ILGA because it was "decades ago", but Ray Moore "thinks" that.
                      Originally posted by Adrift View Post

Comment

• It's really hard to tell, because your "logic" on all of this is so perverse. NAMBLA was a bunch of perverts from Day 1. It's idiotic to try to believe otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          What is wrong with you? Dude this is literally what their front page looks like:
                          I didn't need that .

Y'all allow that organisation to persist yet some of you 'Merkins still try to claim that UK/Europe is soft on paedophilia.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            I didn't need that .

Y'all allow that organisation to persist yet some of you 'Merkins still try to claim that UK/Europe is soft on paedophilia.
                            Free speech is a blessing. And a curse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              I didn't need that .
                              Yeah, sorry. I had to scrub my browser after going to the website. Made me feel sick sifting through their content.

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              I've never heard the claim that the UK and Europe is soft on pedophillia. Not saying no one's ever said it, but it's not a very popular claim as far as I know. I'd be okay with our government nuking this particular website, personally.

Comment

No, I don't really know NAMBLA and I can't find anything definitive about their policy views. That's the basis upon which I am defending IGLA, not NAMBLA.
                                First you say you don't know about NAMBLA's views and you are not defending them...

I think that what NAMBLAs argument was is that everyone is different and so an actual age of consent is arbitrary and so unjustly applied to post pubescent youth. I tend to agree with that, as a matter of fact that is obviously true, so I don't really have an answer to that question.
                                Then you proceed to tell us what you think NAMBLA's views are and agree with them.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

Comment