Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    We are not so much defending NAMBLA.
    Yes, Jimmy. You really are. And very poorly, I might add.

We are not so much defending NAMBLA, we are just pointing out that your argument re NAMBLA and IGLA's admission of them decades ago is based on nothing but hearsay.
    So, now you're accusing ILGA of posting lies on their website?

This is amazing - you defend NAMBLA and implicate ILGA and throwing them under the bus.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Nice. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Does this mean that you're A-ok with Roy Moore dating 17-year olds? (or whatever the age was)
      And....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      ...we are just pointing out that your argument re NAMBLA and IGLA's admission of them decades ago....
      If it happened "decades ago", it doesn't matter!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And....

If it happened "decades ago", it doesn't matter!
        Give 'em rope, and who knows what they might do with it....
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• So, JimL, would you say that you draw the line at 14?

When the girl is just 14, ya it is a bit creepy, and it's also illegal. Man o man you guys are something else, I can only imagine if this were Barak Obama or Bill Clinton, you'd be yelling "lock him up, Lock him up!"

Comment

...the question is what NAMBLA's organizational stated position was at the time...
            I think I figured this out. Jimmy saw the 2000 episode of South Park called "Cartman joins NAMBLA", where the title refers to a hilarious mixup between the real NAMBLA and another "NAMBLA," the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes.

Yeah, that's it!

Comment

It is not an "alleged link" - it is historical fact acknowledged by ILGA's own website. They were already linked.
              Last edited by Tassman; 11-28-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                made provisions to never admit any pedophile organisation. And whilst ILGA's UN status was the tipping point, their timeline makes clear that they were heading in this direction anyway.
                So there's no reason not to re-admit NAMBLA then, right?

Comment

Yes, Jimmy. You really are. And very poorly, I might add.
                  No CP, like Tass pointed out long ago, you don't know what NAMBLAs stated goals were and neither do you know what IGLA understanding of NAMBLA was when they admitted them.

So, now you're accusing ILGA of posting lies on their website?
                  I didn't accuse them of anything, you just have comprehension problems CP. I mentioned 2 possibilities re IGLA. 1) they may have come to a different conclusion re the purpose of NAMBLA then they previously had, or 2) they may have thrown NAMBLA under the bus in order to further the human rights agenda by gaining the acceptance of the U.N.
                  This is amazing - you defend NAMBLA and implicate ILGA and throwing them under the bus.
                  See*above. Your hatred, whether misplaced or not is affecting your ability to argue coherently.

Comment

• Wow, was THAT a convoluted hot mess! You repeatedly falsely accuse me of being dishonest, and... you're beginning to demonstrate that you have the moral and ethical integrity of june bug poop, Tassy.

But I still do not understand your interest in ILGA's one-time association with NAMBLA. Were you trying to make some sort of point, if so what was the point you were trying to make? After all, ILGA expelled NAMBLA 23 years ago and made provisions to never admit any pedophile organisation.
                    Could you PLEASE explain to Jimmy that you agree that NAMBLA was a pedophile organization? He's indicating you and he are on the same page on this.

And whilst ILGA's UN status was the tipping point, their timeline makes clear that they were heading in this direction anyway.
                    Um, no. It actually doesn't.

Comment

See*above. Your hatred, whether misplaced or not is affecting your ability to argue coherently.

Irony-Meter-Explode.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Nice. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Does this mean that you're A-ok with Roy Moore dating 17-year olds? (or whatever the age was)
                        Roy Moore wasn't accused of dating a 17 year old, he was accused of stalking and being creepy with 17 year olds and of sexually molesting a 14 year old as well as another teenager the age of which escapes me at the moment.

But you didn't answer my question Zymologist. Were you capable as a post pubescent youth of making choices for yourself? Some people are, some people are not, and that I think, whether you agree with it or not, is what NAMBLAs stated position is.
                        Last edited by JimL; 11-28-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

No CP, like Tass pointed out long ago, you don't know what NAMBLAs stated goals were...
                          But he DOES reluctantly concede that they were pedophiles...

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          After all, ILGA expelled NAMBLA 23 years ago and made provisions to never admit any pedophile organisation.
                          You guys really need to get your stories straight!

Comment

Roy Moore wasn't accused of dating a 17 year old, he was accused of stalking and being creepy with 17 year olds and of sexually molesting a 14 year old as well as another teenager the age of which escapes me at the moment.
                            But that was DECADES ago, Jimmy, and we know how you feel about "old news"...

...NAMBLA and IGLA's admission of them decades ago....
                            I'm sure you don't see the hypocrisy.

Comment

But that was DECADES ago, Jimmy, and we know how you feel about "old news"...

I'm sure you don't see the hypocrisy.
                              Well I can't continue to discuss this with you CP if you are just going to continue misrepresenting what I say or acting as if you're stupid.

Comment

Wow, was THAT a convoluted hot mess! You repeatedly falsely accuse me of being dishonest, and... you're beginning to demonstrate that you have the moral and ethical integrity of june bug poop, Tassy.
                                Wow! Your incisive, point-by-point well researched debating skills are an example to us all, CP.

But, please answer the question. Given you agree that we cannot equate or link pedophilia with ILGA why are you concerned with the decades-old connection between NAMBLA and ILGA? Still waiting!

Could you PLEASE explain to Jimmy that you agree that NAMBLA was a pedophile organization? He's indicating you and he are on the same page on this.
                                Um, no. It actually doesn't.
                                Well it does. But even if you are correct and the UN was

Comment