Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Doesn't matter whether you or I or anyone else might personally find it believable or not, the question is what NAMBLA's organizational stated position was at the time
    This reminds me of an episode of NCIS where Gibbs and the crew go visit a drug gang, and the leader says "gang? we're not a gang - we're a social club!"

and what IGLA believed at the time of their admission as a member organization.
    Jimmy - their name says it all. North American MAN BOY LOVE ASSOCIATION. What MORON would not know that was pedophilia?

Apparently none of you can answer that evidentially.
    North American MAN BOY LOVE ASSOCIATION.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      says Mr. Hitler despite me giving him two links and a quote.

It supports exactly what I said. I said that they were not being secretive about what they stood for ( "NAMBLA members have not been secretive about their beliefs and practices")and the cites I gave said exactly that. And the sources say that their stated purposes was pedophilia which they openly support ("The North American Man/Boy Love Association NAMBLA is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors[2][3] and campaigns for the release of men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion")

Sources stating that NAMBLA was not secretive about their beliefs and practices doesn't tell us what NAMBLA's actual beliefs and practices were. And the sources defining NAMBLA that you cite, is not NAMBLA defining itself. I agree that they fought to abolish age of consent laws which they saw as arbitrary but that doesn't mean that they supported pedophilia, i.e sex between adults and pre-pubescent minors. When you have found an actual statement from NAMBLA stating as much, do let me know.

Comment

Sources stating that NAMBLA was not secretive about their beliefs and practices doesn't tell us what NAMBLA's actual beliefs and practices were. And the sources defining NAMBLA that you cite, is not NAMBLA defining itself.
        And, once again - you REALLY think they'd describe themselves as an organization promoting illegal activities?

I agree that they fought to abolish age of consent laws which they saw as arbitrary but that doesn't mean that they supported pedophilia, i.e sex between adults and pre-pubescent minors. When you have found an actual statement from NAMBLA stating as much, do let me know.
        So, please explain why ILGA would throw them under the bus and call them a "pro-pedophilia" organization?
        Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          This reminds me of an episode of NCIS where Gibbs and the crew go visit a drug gang, and the leader says "gang? we're not a gang - we're a social club!"

Jimmy - their name says it all. North American MAN BOY LOVE ASSOCIATION. What MORON would not know that was pedophilia?

North American MAN BOY LOVE ASSOCIATION.
          How do you define "a boy" CP? How does NAMBLA define "a boy?" Do you know?

Comment

And, once again - you REALLY think they'd describe themselves as an organization promoting illegal activities?
            OH, so you admit that they don't describe themselves as promoters of illegal activities? Interesting.

So, please explain why ILGA would throw them under the bus and call them a "pro-pedophilia" organization?
            Paedofilia is clearly condemned, and pro-paedophilia members of the ILGA are expelled by a motion which is approved by 88% of the members.
            Already gave 2 possible reasons for this. They either saw the light and changed their minds about the purpose of NAMBLA, or they threw them under the bus in order to further their human rights agenda by gaining U.N. acceptance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              I should stop being amazed at the levels that some people will go to win an argument on the internet, but I'm still astonished. I'd like to think that no one but a pedo would defend NAMBLA, but guess not.
              Bla blah blah. Grow up Adrift.

Comment

How do you define "a boy" CP? How does NAMBLA define "a boy?" Do you know?
                wow

Jimmy - if NAMBLA was working to "abolish the age of consent laws" - they were obviously talking about MINORS.

This is almost as bad as what's-his-name defending the murder of small children.

Comment

Bla blah blah. Grow up Adrift.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  This gratuitous comment constitutes a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind, does it?

Comment

OH, so you admit that they don't describe themselves as promoters of illegal activities? Interesting.
                    No, Jimmy, I was responding to your goofy assertion that their own description matters. Just like the gang I referred to in the NCIS episode called themselves a social club.

Already gave 2 possible reasons for this. They either saw the light and changed their minds about the purpose of NAMBLA, or they threw them under the bus in order to further their human rights agenda by gaining U.N. acceptance.
                    So, you're now proposing that the folks at ILGA are a bunch of ignorant self-serving hypocrites. Are you some kind of homophobe, Jimmy?

Comment

Did Adrifts comment to which the above was in response constitute a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind CP? Get the point yet?

Comment

Did Adrifts comment to which the above was in response constitute a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind CP? Get the point yet?
                        You mean this?

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I should stop being amazed at the levels that some people will go to win an argument on the internet, but I'm still astonished. I'd like to think that no one but a pedo would defend NAMBLA, but guess not.
                        Yes, he was right on point, and I agree 100% with him.

It amazes and astounds me how you and Tassy defend NAMBLA, even if it means throwing ILGA under the bus.

Comment

• JimL, I posted a quote from NAMBLA.

But please, do continue to defend a pro-pedophile organization.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            JimL, I posted a quote from NAMBLA.

But please, do continue to defend a pro-pedophile organization.
                            You're cited quote says nothing about pre-pubescent boys, it says boys. Tell me, when you were a 15, 16 or 17 year old boy were you capable of making your own choices.

Comment

You're cited quote says nothing about pre-pubescent boys, it says boys. Tell me, when you were a 15, 16 or 17 year old boy were you capable of making your own choices.
                              Nice. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Does this mean that you're A-ok with Roy Moore dating 17-year olds? (or whatever the age was)
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

You mean this?

Yes, he was right on point, and I agree 100% with him.
                                Thats not what I asked. Are you really that dumb CP, or are you just acting. Adrifts comment had nothing to do with the actual argument, it was just his subtle way of demeaning the opposition.
                                It amazes and astounds me how you and Tassy defend NAMBLA, even if it means throwing ILGA under the bus.
                                We are not so much defending NAMBLA, we are just pointing out that your argument re NAMBLA and IGLA's admission of them decades ago is based on nothing but hearsay.

Comment