Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The admission was not that I have no idea what I'm talking about, Jimmy, it was specific to your question -- I have no plausible reason that ILGA would accept a group of pedophiles into their organization.
    No, you have no idea why IGLA may have accepted NAMBLA as a member, because you have no idea how NAMBLA came to be or what NAMBLA stood for. For one thing they did not consider themselves an organization that supported pediophilia and perhaps IGLA agreed with them which is why they may have accepted them as members. Thats what Tass meant by "I have no idea why they were admitted, AND NEITHER DO YOU."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No, you have no idea why IGLA may have accepted NAMBLA as a member, because you have no idea how NAMBLA came to be or what NAMBLA stood for.
      Actually, those of us who pay attention DO know what NAMBLA stood for, Jimmy - it's even in their NAME! Do you know what the acronym "NAMBLA" means, Jimmy?

For one thing they did not consider themselves an organization that supported pediophilia
      Wait, WHAT? North American MAN BOY LOVE Association, Jimmy.

and perhaps IGLA agreed with them which is why they may have accepted them as members.
      wow

Thats what Tass meant by "I have no idea why they were admitted, AND NEITHER DO YOU."
      So, perhaps you're blast Tassy with your jackass statement "I think that someone who admits that they have no idea what they are talking about should keep their mouth shut until they do."

You hear that, Tassy? Jimmy thinks you should shut your pie hole!

Jimmy, why do you do this to yourself?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, Jimmy's goofy little diversions aside, and his pretending to know what Tassy meant, let's get back to the issue....

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU. I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so.
        Tassy, please enlighten us.

Please list the "several possible acceptable reasons" why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hmmmm... maybe you're projecting here, Tassy, because I've already answered this multiple times, and you seem laser focused on some homophobic agenda.
          Check your heart, bro.
          Your heart bro, is all too obvious...any misrepresentation that serves your cause is the name of the game.

But you're finally coming to accept that they did! That's progress!!!!
          Of course you can, because you'll invent any reason or excuse to justify your preconceived notions. Truth doesn't matter to you.
          What's "the worst", Tassy? That it appeared that initially ILGA allowed NAMBLA to become a member of their organization, and only expelled them when it was politically expedient or necessary? That's the record, Tassy. I posted the timeline from ILGA's own website.
          Yes, after 10 years of association with NAMBLA, they finally expelled them, prompted by pressure from the outside.
          It's a much more complex issue than you are prepared to acknowledge.

NAMBLA presented its case to ILGA as an issue of solidarity between oppressed sexual minorities and an endorsement of young people's right to sexual autonomy. This did not reflect to goals of ILGA and NAMBLA's ultimate expulsion was inevitable regardless of outside pressure. In short, the ground was already prepared within ILGA by the time of the UN ultimatum.

https://www.brongersma.info/The_ILGA...eration_ideals

To demonstrate the fact that you are so willing to sacrifice the truth to support your own errant assertions, to show that you're willing to tell only PART of the story if it fits your narrative, and to lead out of your deep-seated denial.
          The reverse is true.

We're making progress. It's been slow and tedious, but you are beginning to see the truth, albeit with great resistance and lots of drama.

Comment

• Actually, I have, and the rest of your post is a steaming pile of horsie poo, and will be treated accordingly.

Now, how bout listing those "several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership."

Comment

Actually, I have, and the rest of your post is a steaming pile of horsie poo, and will be treated accordingly.
              Yet another incisive, well argument post from our resident intellectual.

Now, how bout listing those "several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership."
              NAMBLA presented its case to ILGA as an issue of solidarity between oppressed sexual minorities and an endorsement of young people's right to sexual autonomy. Not a good argument morally and moreover the goals of NAMBLA were different to those of ILGA in any event. Ultimately, given this difference and ILGA's express condemnation of sexual exploition, NAMBLA's expulsion was inevitable regardless of any outside pressure. In short, the ground was already prepared within ILGA by the time of the UN ultimatum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                NAMBLA presented its case to ILGA as an issue of solidarity between oppressed sexual minorities and an endorsement of young people's right to sexual autonomy. Not a good argument morally and moreover the goals of NAMBLA were different to those of ILGA in any event. Ultimately, given this difference and ILGA's express condemnation of sexual exploition, NAMBLA's expulsion was inevitable regardless of any outside pressure. In short, the ground was already prepared within ILGA by the time of the UN ultimatum.
                So, having claimed that you can come up with ""several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership", THIS is your answer? Not "several reasons", but one horrible one?

What you're saying is that IGLA sold out their principles to allow a bunch of child molesters to join their ranks for "solidarity"?

wow

But, please, do feel free to continue your hate-filled rant and false accusations, cause apparently, that's all ya got!

Comment

Yet another incisive, well argument post from our resident intellectual.
                  This gratuitous comment constitutes a constructive contribution to the discussion in your mind, does it?
                  hypocrite much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                    NAMBLA presented its case to ILGA as an issue of solidarity between oppressed sexual minorities and an endorsement of young people's right to sexual autonomy.
                    And you consider this an acceptable reason for homosexuals and pedophiles to join forces?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, having claimed that you can come up with ""several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership", THIS is your answer? Not "several reasons", but one horrible one?
                      What you're saying is that IGLA sold out their principles to allow a bunch of child molesters to join their ranks for "solidarity"?
                      http://ilga.org/about-us/1978-2007-a-chronology/

But, please, do feel free to continue your hate-filled rant and false accusations, cause apparently, that's all ya got!
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And you consider this an acceptable reason for homosexuals and pedophiles to join forces?
                      It is a valid explanation, not an "acceptable reason", as ILGA itself determined 23 years ago when it expelled NAMBLA from its ranks

Comment

• And you're claiming that the good folks at ILGA fell for that crap? (I mean, you apparently did) You think NOBODY at ILGA bothered to ask, "hey, wait, what exactly does NAMBLA stand for?"

You mean like Evangelicals supporting Roy Moore and Donald Trump? No not like that.
                        Actually, much worse than that.

You already said that, Tassy, and it simply is not acceptable. ILGA allowed the perverts at NAMBLA to join them for TEN YEARS, until being called out on it.

Yeah, I'm the one who pointed that out to you, Tassy - only I didn't cherry pick like you did.

Not so much, Tassy. Because I have attempted no such link whatsoever - I just posted the facts from ILGA's own website. All of this goofy assuming comes from your own dark heart.

It is a valid explanation, not an "acceptable reason", as ILGA itself determined 23 years ago when it expelled NAMBLA from its ranks
                        Nah, you're just saying the same thing over and over, and you have failed miserably to list even ONE acceptable reason that ILGA would allow the perverts at NAMBLA to join them for a DECADE.

So much for your false claim of "several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership".

But do feel free to continue your hate-filled false accusations, cause it appears that's all ya got!

Comment

And you're claiming that the good folks at ILGA fell for that crap? (I mean, you apparently did) You think NOBODY at ILGA bothered to ask, "hey, wait, what exactly does NAMBLA stand for?"
                          You keep trying to position NAMBLA and ILGA as bosom buddies when there's no reason to think they were. ILGA was in the process of formation and NAMBLA was but one of several hundred of self-governing bodies seeking admission. Not exactly the sort of situation for a "BTW" chat over a cup of coffee.

Actually, much worse than that.
                          Nowhere near as bad as that

You already said that, Tassy, and it simply is not acceptable. ILGA allowed the perverts at NAMBLA to join them for TEN YEARS, until being called out on it.
                          Evangelical leaders in Alabama seem to have no problem with perverts. With regard to ILGA it several times stated publically that it opposes sexual exploitation e.g.: - In 1990 ILGA adopted as an official position that "Major power imbalances create the potential for child abuse. ILGA condemns the exploitative use of power differences to coerce others into sexual relationships."

Yeah, I'm the one who pointed that out to you, Tassy - only I didn't cherry pick like you did.
                          Not so much, Tassy. Because I have attempted no such link whatsoever - I just posted the facts from ILGA's own website. All of this goofy assuming comes from your own dark heart.
                          Nah, you're just saying the same thing over and over, and you have failed miserably to list even ONE acceptable reason that ILGA would allow the perverts at NAMBLA to join them for a DECADE.
                          See above. OTOH: Do you have an acceptable reason why perverts should be allowed in the senate or WH?

So much for your false claim of "several possible acceptable reasons why IGLA would have accepted NAMBLA into membership".
                          But do feel free to continue your hate-filled false accusations, cause it appears that's all ya got!
                          Got a mirror?
                          Last edited by Tassman; 11-27-2017, 01:40 AM.

Comment

You keep trying to position NAMBLA and ILGA as bosom buddies
                            No, actually I don't. And all your stupid false accusations come from your hate-filled black heart and your foolish imagination.

Since you suck so bad at homosexual apologeticsts, lemme help you out with this, out of the goodness of my heart.

Here is what I believe the actual facts demonstrate, and how I actually interpret them, rather than your typical perverted view.

ILGA - for reasons none of us actually know - made a bad decision to allow NAMBLA into their organization.
                            We have no record of any actual interaction between the two, but ten years later, while attempting to gain UN status, it was alleged that they were harboring the pedophile group.
                            It would have been MUCH better if they had expelled NAMBLA on their own, but, in response to the unwanted publicity, ILGA did, indeed expel NAMBLA, and establish both policy and public statements decrying pedophilia.

THAT, sir, is the record - nothing nefarious, no attempt by me to link the two organizations today - just reporting the facts. I know of no official (or unofficial) link between ILGA and NAMBLA, nor am I proposing one.

If you had come up with something like that, then you could rightly declare "end of story".

Now, please feel free to continue your anti-Christian jackassery.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-27-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                              Ah, so you're trying to back-pedal.

First you said:

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                              I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why [ILGA would have accepted NAMBLA].
                              When pressed to give such a reason, you responded:

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                              NAMBLA presented its case to ILGA as an issue of solidarity between oppressed sexual minorities and an endorsement of young people's right to sexual autonomy.
                              Now you're trying to say that this reasoning is "valid", but it's not "acceptable", although I'm not sure I understand the distinction.

Since you claimed that you could think of "several acceptable reasons" for homosexuals and pedophiles to join forces, I assume you have a few more that you would be willing to share. Or are you going to fold and admit that you can't think of any acceptable reasons? In which case you're stuck with trying to explain why the two groups happily joined forces for many years and only parted ways (at least publicly) out of political expediency.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here's the actual exchange, in Post #738 11-24-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                NAMBLA had to apply for, and be accepted by, ILGA. Are you so insanely ignorant that you believe that NOBODY at IGLA knew what NAMBLA stood for? You don't think, even if they were too stupid to know, that SOMEBODY wouldn't have asked, "well, what do those initials in that acronym stand for?
                                To which you responded...

I don't know why ILGA initially accepted NAMBLA under its umbrella...AND NEITHER DO YOU. I can think of several possible acceptable reasons why they would have done so.
                                Naturally, you won't have the common decency to apologize for your false allegation that I'm dishonest, but I'll pretend you did, and graciously accept it.

But the fact is that you not only failed to provide "several possible acceptable reasons" - you can't even produce ONE!

Comment