Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvey Weinstein: Another Good Liberal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Hypocrisy from ANY
    Perhaps I should be clearer. I'm not asking if it made you gleeful but rather do also get angry, especially when it comes from folks who purport to champion the rights of women (and gays) while preying on them? Or do you just reserve your ire for hypocrites on the right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Perhaps I should be clearer. I'm not asking if it made you gleeful but rather do also get angry, especially when it comes from folks who purport to champion the rights of women (and gays) while preying on them? Or do you just reserve your ire for hypocrites on the right?
      I couldn't have been clearer.

Unlike seer, who rejoices when liberals are exposed as immoral monsters, I am angry not "gleeful", about hypocrisy from ANY source

Comment

• I wasn't talking about hypocrisy making you gleeful, though you have practiced that enough yourself. Are you just as angry with judgemental liberals who support women's rights using and exploiting women? No you are not. The fact is Tass, you are as biased as anyone else on these boards.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Unlike seer, who rejoices when liberals are exposed as immoral monsters, I am angry not "gleeful", about hypocrisy from ANY source
          Hey Homer, I never said I was gleeful or rejoiced...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Tassman must really be angry with himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Tassman must really be angry with himself.
              The boy has no joy.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Sony Pictures has cancelled the premier of All the Money in the World starring Kevin Spacey, but in typical Hollywood fashion, they promote how great their film is in one breath while denouncing Spacey's actions in the next:

"All the Money in the World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honor in the AFI Fest. But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time. Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn."

You can almost smell the sincerity, like a thin coat of varnish over a piece of rotten wood. I assume they're leaving open the possibility of celebrating the film at a later, less difficult time.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Manhattan DA to seek Weinstein indictment next week

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/07/manha...ent-next-week/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Sony Pictures has cancelled the premier of All the Money in the World starring Kevin Spacey, but in typical Hollywood fashion, they promote how great their film is in one breath while denouncing Spacey's actions in the next:

"All the Money in the World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honor in the AFI Fest. But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time. Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn."

You can almost smell the sincerity, like a thin coat of varnish over a piece of rotten wood. I assume they're leaving open the possibility of celebrating the film at a later, less difficult time.
                    I assume they spent a bunch of money to make the film, and would like to recoup some of that somehow. They'll have to walk a fine line between letting the anger over Spacey die down and waiting so long the film gets stale. In order to get people to see the film, they'll HAVE to promote it.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I understand the need for promotion, but to promote, and then a sentence later denounce Spacey? Seems a bit tone deaf. Surely they could have started the press release at the second paragraph instead of patting themselves on the back first.

Here's the full release:

Source: Deadline Hollywood

All the Money in the Worldhttp://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-sp...rg-1202201634/

© Copyright Original Source

So they're still releasing it as scheduled, they're just not going to "celebrate" it at a prestigious film festival.

And it seems they apparently have a moral duty to release the film so that they don't "punish" the 800 other people who worked on it. It's totally not about the money. No, really.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I understand the need for promotion, but to promote, and then a sentence later denounce Spacey? Seems a bit tone deaf. Surely they could have started the press release at the second paragraph instead of patting themselves on the back first.

Here's the full release:

Source: Deadline Hollywood

All the Money in the Worldhttp://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-sp...rg-1202201634/

© Copyright Original Source

So they're still releasing it as scheduled, they're just not going to "celebrate" it at a prestigious film festival.

And it seems they apparently have a moral duty to release the film so that they don't "punish" the 800 other people who worked on it. It's totally not about the money. No, really.
                        Just curious, but if you were an investor in the film, what do you feel the appropriate measure would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Originally posted by Tassman View Post

just as angry (nothing about gleeful) when it comes from judgmental individuals pretending to promote women's rights (or gay rights) but are actually exploiting and preying on them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            Just curious, but if you were an investor in the film, what do you feel the appropriate measure would be?
                            Re-edit it to take Spacey out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Re-edit it to take Spacey out?
                              He's one of the primary characters. There's a point where re-editing a film because of the loss of an actor isn't financially feasible without a total loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                He's one of the primary characters. There's a point where re-editing a film because of the loss of an actor isn't financially feasible without a total loss.
                                well releasing it now would probably mean a total loss at the box office. Maybe hold on to it till the news is old. Release it next year.

Comment