Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Yep, we've seen that. Was he at any other meeting, Jim?
    How do we know that he wasn't at more meetings, because the Trump administration says so? Even at that, it doesn't even matter how many actual meetings he was at, he was interacting with Russians concerning info they claimed to have on Hillary and relaying that information back to top campaign officials who encouraged him to continue with those communications. Are you guys deliberately blind or do you just ignore and consider anything contrary to your beliefs as fake news?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The only reason he is "failing" is because of the nonsense interference from the left with all of the fake scandals. He is causing the uproar, the left is. They won't let it go or let him get on with his job.
      But even with the interference, the USA's economy is terrific. The stock market it way up, unemployment is way down, business is booming. And it all started the day he was elected.

Despite your continued attempts to rewrite reality in your tiny little mind, America loves Trump. Business loves Trump. Trump is doing good.
      Not to mention, as I repeatedly pointed out during the campaign, he has virtually no allies among Republicans in Congress, meaning attempts by him to push through any legislation were facing a steep uphill battle.

ETA: I should add that the GDP is now regularly posting numbers that several liberal economists were proclaiming were a thing of the past and now unobtainable in the ever-increasing global economy. And ISIS is having its back broken although the consequence of this will be that the jihadists are now spreading out as they flee.
      Last edited by rogue06; 10-31-2017, 11:05 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        ...he was interacting with Russians concerning info they claimed to have on Hillary and relaying that information back to top campaign officials who encouraged him to continue with those communications.
        False. The Washington Post reported back in August that the guy was a low-level volunteer with little sway, and that his repeated overtures to setup meetings with the Russian government were roundly rejected, including by Paul Manafort!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.bcf8793300d0
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That, and the fact that he kept their gal from implementing their evil agenda.
          And burying all the antics she was involved in the past few years which coincidentally are exactly the sort of things that the left imagined that Trump was doing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And burying all the antics she was involved in the past few years which coincidentally are exactly the sort of things that the left imagined that Trump was doing.
            It's an Alinsky tactic: accuse your opponent of what only you are guilty of, and when the truth comes out, it'll just muddy the water.

Comment

• Hey jimmy. Are you still pretending that the continued drop in attendance for NFL games is only seen among bad teams and has nothing to do with people boycotting them because of their National Anthem protests?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                False. The Washington Post reported back in August that the guy was a low-level volunteer with little sway, and that his repeated overtures to setup meetings with the Russian government were roundly rejected, including by Paul Manafort!

Yeah, I'd like Jim to support that assertion but it's rather more likely that he'll merely reassert "Fake news!1!!!1!1!" and pretend that covers it.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's an Alinsky tactic: accuse your opponent of what only you are guilty of, and when the truth comes out, it'll just muddy the water.
                  It is also, like I've mentioned before, that a thief is always certain that everyone steals.

Comment

It is also, like I've mentioned before, that a thief is always certain that everyone steals.
                    "It's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else"

-U2, The Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Popadopalas was a volunteer who only attended ONE meeting. He had nothing to do with the Trump Administration or campaign outside attending that meeting.
                      Well that's the WH "talking point". Well done!

The significance of the Papadopolous plea deal is enormous. Mueller may now have a cooperating witness who can provide first-hand information about whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government. Papodopolous was arrested in July of this year. Who knows what else he has told the special counsel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Well that's the WH "talking point". Well done!

The significance of the Papadopolous plea deal is enormous. Mueller may now have a cooperating witness who can provide first-hand information about whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government. Papodopolous was arrested in July of this year. Who knows what else he has told the special counsel?
                        Except that everyone is saying that it was Papadopolous who suggested working with the Russians only to have it shot down including by Manafort.

Comment

Except that everyone is saying that it was Papadopolous who suggested working with the Russians only to have it shot down including by Manafort.
                          IS
                          Last edited by Tassman; 11-01-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            IS

----------

Short version: Papadoofus was a low-level nobody whose repeated offers to setup meetings with Russian officials were roundly rejected by the Trump campaign.

Comment

----------

Short version: Papadoofus was a low-level nobody whose repeated offers to setup meetings with Russian officials were roundly rejected by the Trump campaign.
                              That was in August, according to the Mueller inquiry, according to the actual e-mails, the offers were not shot down. The campaign superviser, Sam Clovis, who has himself already testified before the Grand Jury, encouraged Papadopolous to keep up the good work and suggested that it would need be a low level rep and not DT himself, as in Donald Trump, who meets with Putin. That shows their willingness to collude, just as does Don Jr's actual acceptance of and participation in a meeting with Russian operatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                That was in August, according to the Mueller inquiry, according to the actual e-mails, the offers were not shot down. The campaign superviser, Sam Clovis, who has himself already testified before the Grand Jury, encouraged Papadopolous to keep up the good work and suggested that it would need be a low level rep and not DT himself, as in Donald Trump, who meets with Putin. That shows their willingness to collude, just as does Don Jr's actual acceptance of and participation in a meeting with Russian operatives.
                                Do you have any evidence to back any of this up?
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment