Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Yes, MLK kept focused on his mission against police brutality and discrimination, despite false allegations as to his motives, just as the NFL players are remaining focused. Especially since Trump inadvertently injected new energy into their cause with his intemperate "SOB's" outburst to his white audience in Alabama.
    Try to set your hatred aside for just a moment, and think of it this way....

MLK was championing a cause that he believed in so much, he ultimately gave his life for it. He did it 24/7/365.

On the other hand, these overpaid athletes choose possibly the most inappropriate moment on the planet to do their own little passive act, in SPITE of the fact that they're getting paid to be a TEAM to win football games.

Yeah, I know... you're incapable of seeing that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• By the Democrats. It was JFK's brother Robert (who was his Attorney General) who sicced the FBI on him suspecting that he had communist affiliations.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        By the Democrats. It was JFK's brother Robert (who was his Attorney General) who sicced the FBI on him suspecting that he had communist affiliations.
        A lot of liberals aren't familiar with the Democrat party's long history of racism.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          More like, Trump saw a chance to stick it to the NFL (which rejected him twice as an owner, and managed to get his alternative USFL league shut down), and took it.
          That makes as much sense as either of the alternatives.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            A lot of liberals aren't familiar with the Democrat party's long history of racism.
            From founding the KKK to the easily most racist president ever (Woodrow Wilson) to a very recent Senate Majority Leader and President pro tempore of the Senate[1] (former KKK kleagle Robert Byrd) right through their unstated belief that blacks are incapable of doing things for themselves and need white politicians to do it for them.

1 Third in the line of succession to the presidency behind the Vice President and Speaker of the House

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like LBJ's constant and flagrant use of the "N" word?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Like LBJ's constant and flagrant use of the "N" word?
                Perfectly acceptable cultural norm. We love multiculturalism... Right?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Perfectly acceptable cultural norm. We love multiculturalism... Right?
                  I'm old enough to remember when "the older folks" used to use the N word, but with no malice whatsoever - it was, indeed, a cultural norm. It was all in the tone of voice and attitude that made it 'acceptable' or not.

LBJ used it with malice, showing great disdain for blacks.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when "the older folks" used to use the N word, but with no malice whatsoever - it was, indeed, a cultural norm. It was all in the tone of voice and attitude that made it 'acceptable' or not.

LBJ used it with malice, showing great disdain for blacks.
                    Like how he referred to MLK and even Thurgood Marshall (who he appointed to the Supreme Court) and his opposition to anti-lynching laws

Comment

Like how he referred to MLK and even Thurgood Marshall (who he appointed to the Supreme Court) and his opposition to anti-lynching laws
                      One of the persons who worked for LBJ - can't remember his name - wrote in his memoirs about how LBJ refused to call him by his given name, and would insist on calling him "boy" or "nigger" or "nigra"..... he said "I hated that LBJ". But he saw LBJ doing things regarding the Civil Rights Movement, and he said "I loved that LBJ".

Comment

One of the persons who worked for LBJ - can't remember his name - wrote in his memoirs about how LBJ refused to call him by his given name, and would insist on calling him "boy" or "nigger" or "nigra"..... he said "I hated that LBJ". But he saw LBJ doing things regarding the Civil Rights Movement, and he said "I loved that LBJ".
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        "This civil rights program about which you have heard so much is a farce and a sham--an effort to set up a police state in the guise of liberty. I am opposed to that program. I fought it in the Congress. It is the province of the state to run its own elections. I am opposed to the anti-lynching bill because the Federal Government has no business enacting a law against one kind of murder than another...(And) if a man can tell you who you must hire, he can tell you who not to employ. I have met this head on."
                        In 1967 when MLK spoke out against the Vietnam war, Johnson called him a "G-d n-word preacher." He also called the Voting Rights Act of 1965, that "n-word bill." And after passage of the Civil Rights Act, according to Ronald Kessler's book, Inside The White House LBJ boasted to two governors on Air Force One "I'll have those n-word voting Democratic for the next 200 years."
                        Last edited by rogue06; 10-19-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

In 1967 when MLK spoke out against the Vietnam war, Johnson called him a G-d n-word preacher. He also called the Voting Rights Act of 1965, that "n-word bill."
                          Yes, Robert Parker....

And...

Comment

liberalism in a nutshell
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

As the saying goes, you can't un-ring a bell. Even if the networks refuse to show it, we still know it's happening, and they're going to continuet to lose ratings and revenue.
                              Whether or not this happens says nothing about the justice of the player's cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                Whether or not this happens says nothing about the justice of the player's cause.
                                Their "cause" is based on a lie.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment