Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Triumph of Trump: NFL kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I don't care if you don't like it, you can protest against them all you want for all I care. But Trump is not protesting, he's openly trying to curtail their right to protest. Hes trying to force the owners to clamp down on the players when the owners were perfectly content with allowing the players to express their right. Its a slippery slope to authoritarian rule, and he'll be telling you to shut up next.
    Exactly what is he doing that amounts to trying to curtail their right to protest? Expressing his opinion that they ought to be fired is just that. Expressing his opinion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      He isn't trying to force anything. He is making his displeasure known. That is his right. If he tried to make it an official edict, then you might have a point. I swear jimmy, you just love to keep moving those goal posts around don't you? Or maybe you just can't follow even your own conversation for more than one post. We were not even discussing Trump, you were talking about "conservatives" and them not letting the NFL players protest when in fact they were letting them do what they want but telling them they don't like it.
      Keep in mind that many liberals think that only they have the right to express their opinion. That the First Amendment doesn't cover anything they don't want to hear. So in their minds Trump has no right to convey his displeasure, only those who are initially protesting do.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Keep in mind that many liberals think that only they have the right to express their opinion. That the First Amendment doesn't cover anything they don't want to hear. So in their minds Trump has no right to convey his displeasure, only those who are initially protesting do.
        I thought only conservatives tried to shut down other views. I'm so confused.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He isn't trying to force anything. He is making his displeasure known. That is his right. If he tried to make it an official edict, then you might have a point. I swear jimmy, you just love to keep moving those goal posts around don't you? Or maybe you just can't follow even your own conversation for more than one post. We were not even discussing Trump, you were talking about "conservatives" and them not letting the NFL players protest when in fact they were letting them do what they want but telling them they don't like it.
          Wrong, I was talking about conservatives and their not liking free speech. Its not that you won't let them protest, there is nothing you can do about that; thank the god I don't believe in, otherwise I'm sure you would do it. The problem is that, 1) half of you don't even seem to know what they are even protesting, and 2) you're against them even protesting in the first place and want to shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            I think that anti-Trumpers everywhere should begin taking the knee as an act of protest. Just think of how effective it would be, for thousands of people to kneel before Trump (in protest, of course)!
            Sadly, Trump would take it as his due being the great leader he knows himself to be.

Comment

Wrong, I was talking about conservatives and their not liking free speech. Its not that you won't let them protest, there is nothing you can do about that; thank the god I don't believe in, otherwise I'm sure you would do it. The problem is that, 1) half of you don't even seem to know what they are even protesting, and 2) you're against them even protesting in the first place and want to shut them up.
              WE are against free speech?

JimL, you are such a joke. Doesn't that bother you?

Comment

• Tassman, maybe NFL guys don't think they are disrespecting the flag in their little heads, but they are. IF they want to protest racism, then do so, but how does not standing for the national anthem do that? Is the flag racist? Is the anthem racist? If they are protesting racism, then make it clear that they are protesting racism by actually protesting against it.

No they did not take a knee before. Only Kaepernick and a few others. And then Trump had to open his big mouth and make things worse. Then they all kneeled. Why? because Trump basically dared them to. It was a protest against Trump and they protested by disrespecting the flag and what it stands for.

I wouldn't expect a foreigner and an alt-left liberal like yourself to understand, and you clearly don't.

Comment

Wrong, I was talking about conservatives and their not liking free speech.
                  What an absolute freakin idiot! You make Mickiel look like a GENIUS, and that's no small feat!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

WE are against free speech?

JimL, you are such a joke. Doesn't that bother you?
                    Right, and you don't want the owners to fire the players if they continue to protest, do you?

Comment

Right, and you don't want the owners to fire the players if they continue to protest, do you?
                      And you wouldn't want the players fined for calling the ref a fag, would you?
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Personally I'm quite satisfied with what is happening to them now. Ad revenue has dropped. Ticket sales have plummeted. TV viewership has taken a nose-dive. And football has gone from being America's favorite sport to the least favorite sport. They have reaped what they sowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          And you wouldn't want the players fined for calling the ref a fag, would you?
                          Irrelevant to the issue. Thats a rule pertaining to the game itself.

Comment

Because I am against their protest, not against free speech, dumbass. Not to mention you don't have a right to free speech within a business. Your company can fire you over your speech when you are on their time, or speaking on matters that impact their business. The NFL don't really have a right to free speech while on the job.

Comment

Because I am against their protest, not against free speech, dumbass. Not to mention you don't have a right to free speech within a business. Your company can fire you over your speech when you are on their time, or speaking on matters that impact their business. The NFL don't really have a right to free speech while on the job.
                              Oh really, so players don't have a right to kneel during the national anthem? Says who?

Comment

I am for free speech. You can say whatever idiotic thing pops into your brain. However, that doesn't mean I think speech should be consequence-free. If someone says they're going to assassinate a political figure, they should reap the consequence of the FBI taking an interest in their speech and activity. Do you understand the distinction?
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment