Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Guess Hanging White Children Is OK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I have never been to NASCAR.
    I haven't either, but I've been to a tractor pull.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I haven't either, but I've been to a tractor pull.
      I did watch the Indy 500 on TV and saw Talladega Nights so I guess I am a racist after all.

Comment

My wife's dad is in the East Coast Drag Racing hall of fame.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Did miley the cat just say his father-in-law is in the Hall of Fame in drag?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This proves that they are racist!

NASCAR owners side with Trump, say they will fire drivers who protest national anthem

http://www.registercitizen.com/techn...e-12225168.php
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

NASCAR owners side with Trump, say they will fire drivers who protest national anthem

The fans booed the Patriots and yelled, "STAND UP!" at the kneeling players during the last game.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/patriot...nthem-protest/

Comment

The fans booed the Patriots and yelled, "STAND UP!" at the kneeling players during the last game.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/patriot...nthem-protest/
                And Sunday Night Football is taking a beating in the ratings.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins...bc-1202176141/

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...n-low-ratings/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They are not protesting the national anthem or the flag, they are protesting the unjust treatment of black people in this country which is actually respecting what the flag is symbolic of; freedom of speech. Odd how you conservatives are always harping on about freedom of speech until its speech you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    They are not protesting the national anthem or the flag, they are protesting the unjust treatment of black people in this country which is actually respecting what the flag is symbolic of; freedom of speech. Odd how you conservatives are always harping on about freedom of speech until its speech you don't like.
                    As a non-conservative, and someone who doesn't care about sports, nor is particularly flag wavy, I just don't get this argument (and I've been seeing it a lot lately). I've always been taught that people stand for the flag because it's a sign of respect. To kneel then would seem to indicate that you've chosen...not...to respect the flag. What other purpose is there? If kneeling to the flag is the same as standing to the flag, then why kneel? How does kneeling indicate protest towards the unjust treatment of black people? It seems to me that a much better indicator of protest towards the unjust treatment of black people would be the Black Power salute. That even has a tradition of use in this country when the flag is waving and the anthem is sung. It makes so much more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      How are blacks treated unjustly Jim? By whom?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

How are blacks treated unjustly Jim? By whom?
                        ...by their own culture, mostly. When the music you listen to is all gangsta, that's how you roll - and they mostly take it out on each other. Those who do try to improve themselves are derided by their own as "Uncle Toms".
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          It seems to me that a much better indicator of protest towards the unjust treatment of black people would be the Black Power salute. That even has a tradition of use in this country when the flag is waving and the anthem is sung. It makes so much more sense.
                          The Black Power salute has racist connotations. I would certainly understand somebody not wanting to go with it and don't think it should be considered the "default" because it implies black superiority, not a desired equality.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Give it a rest, Jimmy. Nobody buys this rationalization. They are deliberately disrespecting America because they feel that America as a whole has disrespected blacks. That's the whole point of the protest. Of course they don't appreciate the irony that as highly paid football players, they are among the richest and most privileged people in the country.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Give it a rest, Jimmy. Nobody buys this rationalization. They are deliberately disrespecting America because they feel that America as a whole has disrespected blacks. That's the whole point of the protest. Of course they don't appreciate the irony that as highly paid football players, they are among the richest and most privileged people in the country.
                              I dunno. Liberal white guilt seems to lap this stuff up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                The Black Power salute has racist connotations. I would certainly understand somebody not wanting to go with it and don't think it should be considered the "default" because it implies black superiority, not a desired equality.
                                Maybe so, but it's contextually far more fitting than kneeling at the flag. What salute or posture do you think would be better suited? Or are you of the opinion that kneeling at the flag and anthem is not a form of disrespect?

Comment