Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Recent Events in Myanmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Events in Myanmar

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...hingya-myanmar

Ah yes, hair and age means they are both evil dictators bent on murdering people.

Oh and CNN and the MSM are the ones who started the whole "fake news" hysteria to try to discredit any conservative news. Trump just turned it back on them.

Comment

Comment

Why is this in Civics? It is padded room material.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Ah yes, hair and age means they are both evil dictators bent on murdering people.
          At least you and I are pulling in the same direction for once.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            At least you and I are pulling in the same direction for once.
            Personally I never trusted bald people.

i2nncp10.jpg

Comment

Pray that Myanmar may have freedom and peace.

Comment

Myanmar isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. They've simply decided to respond to Muslim violence with violence of their own and they don't play around. It's the west's position of bringing in various third world savages, including Muslim rapists and murderers to harm and humiliate their citizens that's abnormal.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Suggestion: retitle thread 'progs no longer love heroine of theirs!!!'

Sad!!!
                  Last edited by demi-conservative; 09-07-2017, 03:13 PM.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Myanmar isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. They've simply decided to respond to Muslim violence with violence of their own and they don't play around. It's the west's position of bringing in various third world savages, including Muslim rapists and murderers to harm and humiliate their citizens that's abnormal.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Suggestion: retitle thread 'progs no longer love heroine of theirs!!!'

Sad!!!
                      tenor.gif
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The people referred to as Rohingya are indigenous/ethnic peoples of Rakhine state (Arakan) Originally it was an independent kingdom---later taken over by Burma. In around the 8th century, Islam came into this area because of Trade, and during the colonial period, many "British Indians" were encouraged to settle in the region---as usual, with all things British---ethnic faultines developed between pro-Japanese vs pro-British groups in Rakhine (The Rohingya being pro-British). After Burmese independence, the Rohingya sought recognition as the indigenous ethnic group (one of many ethnic indigenous groups in Burma) Discrimination was heavy and so separatist emerged. In 1982 a law was enacted which stripped the Rohingya of Burmese citizenship rights. This set the stage for economic discrimination. In 1991/92---the military cracked down and 250,000 Rohingya were displaced. The stage was set for long-term state oppression. This, combined with a lack of economic opportunitites for those in Rakhine state (both Buddhist and Muslim) it made it easy for the Buddhist to make the Rohigya Muslims the scapegoat for all the ills of society. This was also convenient politics---because if not for the Rohingya---then the government would have to take the blame for the public dissatisfaction. So oppression (and genocide) is convenient for the State. It gives them a (conveniently weak) "enemy" and distracts people....increasing nationalism/patriotism. Also---the Buddhist Burmese can feel "superior" and this can make them feel better ---distracting them from their dissatisfaction with the State and their economic conditions.

This means---there is no incentive for the Burmese State or for the Buddhist Burmese to change their ways---prejudice and oppression works for them---at least for the short-term....

Comment

It may be a bit naive, but here is one attempt to understand the structural aspect of the problem:--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_stages_of_genocide

Comment

Comment

Weird seeing firstfloor criticize the modern left. Have you become a Nazi, firstfloor?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment