Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Dems' Trump Card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It's not hard to find.

He knew that. I think he was probably hoping you wouldn't call him out on it. Now what he'll do is split hairs and argue semantics about what Bragg "really" meant in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

He knew that. I think he was probably hoping you wouldn't call him out on it. Now what he'll do is split hairs and argue semantics about what Bragg "really" meant in that video.
      Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I assumed he's just being lazy.

If a person wants to find damning evidence against a Leftist, he doesn't go to Leftist fact checkers for validation. They're useless. You go get the actual evidence.

Comment

It's not hard to find.
        It's not hard to find Bragg saying that he won't let Trump off the hook just because he's a rich old white guy, and that he's qualified to prosecute Trump if it comes to that. He also points out that based on publicly available information, it sure looks like there's a good possibility of a case. But he is careful to point out that he doesn't have access to all the information, and that he will go wherever the facts take him.

What's hard to find is Bragg promising to prosecute Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          It's not hard to find Bragg saying that he won't let Trump off the hook just because he's a rich old white guy, and that he's qualified to prosecute Trump if it comes to that. He also points out that based on publicly available information, it sure looks like there's a good possibility of a case. But he is careful to point out that he doesn't have access to all the information, and that he will go wherever the facts take him.

What's hard to find is Bragg promising to prosecute Trump.
          Semantics. He said it's the #1 issue - right up front. If that's not a promise, then I don't know what is.

Comment

Semantics. He said it's the #1 issue - right up front. If that's not a promise, then I don't know what is.
            Darden: "One of the things leading into this vote for the Manhattan district attorney’s office, I know a lot of people are wondering, whoever has this job, are they going to convict Donald Trump?"

Bragg: "That is the number one issue we know he’s investigating. And what I’ll say is I’m the only, I was the first to announce against Cy Vance. I, too, have a lot of issues, which is why I decided to run.

I don't think you know what a promise is.

Comment

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I assumed he's just being lazy.

If a person wants to find damning evidence against a Leftist, he doesn't go to Leftist fact checkers for validation. They're useless. You go get the actual evidence.
              I guess you could call it being lazy. I don't have complete faith in my sources, but I trust them enough to not be embarrassed to use them.

The relevant parts of the video you posted were quoted in the Politifact article that I linked to, so it was nothing new.

Comment

Darden: "One of the things leading into this vote for the Manhattan district attorney’s office, I know a lot of people are wondering, whoever has this job, are they going to convict Donald Trump?"

Bragg: "That is the number one issue we know he’s investigating. And what I’ll say is I’m the only, I was the first to announce against Cy Vance. I, too, have a lot of issues, which is why I decided to run.

I don't think you know what a promise is.
                How about "That is the number one issue. {stop} We know he's investigating."

Bragg wouldn't know what the number one issue was that Vance was investigating. He wasn't in his office.

Comment

How about "That is the number one issue. {stop} We know he's investigating."

Bragg wouldn't know what the number one issue was that Vance was investigating. He wasn't in his office.
                  Right. If Bragg was in Vance's office, he could simply have said, "That is the number one issue that he's investigating." Instead, it's the number one issue WE KNOW he's investigating.

But even with your interpretation, it's not a promise. It's simply a statement about what he thinks the voters care most about. (We know Bragg isn't saying it's his own number one issue, or he wouldn't have added, "I, too, have a lot of issues.")

Comment

Right. If Bragg was in Vance's office, he could simply have said, "That is the number one issue that he's investigating." Instead, it's the number one issue WE KNOW he's investigating.

But even with your interpretation, it's not a promise. It's simply a statement about what he thinks the voters care most about. (We know Bragg isn't saying it's his own number one issue, or he wouldn't have added, "I, too, have a lot of issues.")
                    He said he had to be careful with his wording so he wouldn't have to recuse himself should he win and prosecute Trump. I think that's what he did. But he wanted to win, and he made it quite clear that he was going to prosecute Trump.

Did he ever say the exact words "I promise to prosecute Trump"? Perhaps not. He also didn't say "I am a shill for the Democrat Party", although we all know he is.

Comment

He said he had to be careful with his wording so he wouldn't have to recuse himself should he win and prosecute Trump. I think that's what he did. But he wanted to win, and he made it quite clear that he was going to prosecute Trump.
                      Maybe you are right. Maybe he counted on the voters ignoring him saying that he didn't have all the facts, and that he would go wherever the facts took him. Ironically, that would be a lot like Trump, who knew that his supporters would ignore the word "peacefully" after everything else he had to say.

Did he ever say the exact words "I promise to prosecute Trump"? Perhaps not. He also didn't say "I am a shill for the Democrat Party", although we all know he is.
                      He also didn't say, "Trump is just a criminal who hasn't been convicted yet" but we've known it all along.

Comment