Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Big Debate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, let's have this morning's dose of dishonest psychobabble from our resident sour grapes connoisseur...

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That's a riot coming from a one who afters years of supporting an anti-democracy, pathological liar and wannabe dictator (on day one) like Trump can't even see the cracks, never mind not be able to admit they bought into the scam.
    Had a bad night, have ye laddie?

Although, like I've said, I'm not so sure that many of you are not well aware of who Trump is and are just fine with it.
    Jim, have you considered the possibility that you're just as wrong about Trump as you were about Biden, and for the same reason?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Why would China, Russia, Iran and North Korea be afraid of a supposedly "anti-American, anti-democracy" candidate? That would be something they would whole-heartedly support.
      They wouldn't. They, like you supporters of a traitor, are thrilled by Biden's poor performance last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

That is not the "conspiracy theory" that you proffered to which I responded to.
        The only thing that troubles my sleeping at night is the knowledge that there are so many brainwashed, dumbed down Americans, or outright anti-democracy, pro-Autocracy Americans like yourself in this country.
        Brainwashed and dumbed down indeed...

Originally posted by JimL View Post

No, again, you're seeing what you want to see. He's old, yes. But I've seen all of his press conferences, and regardless of what your favorite propagandist teaches you to believe, Biden is totally with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Or as JimL says: "You just see what you want to see."
          Did Trump attempt to overthrow the election? Did he incite a mob and send them off to the Capital? Did he watch the attack on the Capital for 3 hours and do nothing to put it down? Did he praise, thank, and tell those people how much he loved them? Did he promise to pardon them even though the courts convicted and sentenced them.
          You, make excuses for all of that and more which means that yes, you see what you want to see, and this time, last night, what you wanted to see just happened to be the reality, so this time, you didn't have to lie to yourself.

Comment

Did Trump attempt to overthrow the election? Did he incite a mob and send them off to the Capital? Did he watch the attack on the Capital for 3 hours and do nothing to put it down? Did he praise, thank, and tell those people how much he loved them? Did he promise to pardon them even though the courts convicted and sentenced them.
            You, make excuses for all of that and more which means that yes, you see what you want to see, and this time, last night, what you wanted to see just happened to be the reality, so this time, you didn't have to lie to yourself.

Don't ever stop being you, JimL.

Comment

Jim, all you're doing is showing how badly you got suckered by Biden.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by View Post

That is not the "conspiracy theory" that you proffered to which I responded to.
                The only thing that troubles my sleeping at night is the knowledge that there are so many brainwashed, dumbed down Americans, or outright anti-democracy, pro-Autocracy Americans like yourself in this country.
                Not so much a conspiracy theory as it is simply trying to explain what we can actually see unfolding before our eyes. Tell me, do you really believe Joe was put on stage last night because his handlers expected him to humiliate himself for 90 minutes on live television? Or do you think they were hoping he would do just well enough that they could sell the narrative that he proved he was still mentally capable of executing the duties of his office? Frankly, I find it hard to believe that anybody in the media was genuinely shocked by his performance last night because they have been covering for him for years. They've seen hours of raw video of him stumbling and bumbling that they made the choice to suppress and keep from their audience, so as they watched the train wreck happen in real time, I guarantee not a single one of them was surprised, but they also knew that too many people in America were watching, so they pivoted to plan B: admit the truth and start planning for Joe's exit, if they can.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• As proof that the media wasn't surprised by last night, Politico actually had a reporter on assignment at an assisted living facility to get the residents' reactions to Joe's performance:

Watching from an assisted living facility just outside Washington, Barbara Goldberg, 81, groaned and put her head in her hands. The candidates’ ages, she said, are “not really relevant to the other issues that are more important.”

And then, over the course of the next 90 minutes — as the residents of Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights popped Skittles and repeatedly asked for the volume on the community room TV to be turned up — age suddenly became all that mattered.

When Biden, 81, appeared to lose his train of thought and said, inexplicably, “We finally beat Medicare,” Goldberg put her head in her hands again.

“We finally beat Medicare?” she asked.

[...] by the first commercial break on Thursday — when at least three residents here had nodded off — the damage to Biden had been done.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...ction-00165726

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, all you're doing is showing how badly you got suckered by Biden.
                    I didn't get suckered by Biden at all, Biden has been, just as I believed he would be, a great president. And though his age does seem to have caught up with him after 4 years as President, I would still vote for him, even with his obvious decline, over the treasonous ex-president who, along with his treason, you support.

Many of you Trumpster's however were suckered by Trump, but those I think are mostly people who don't pay so much attention as you and others on this site do. You, I don't think were suckered at all. You, I think, know exactly who the traitor is that you're supporting.
                    Last edited by JimL; 06-28-2024, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• JimL: "I didn't get suckered by Joe."

Also JimL: "I believe Joe has been a great president."

Hate to break it to you, Jimmy, but you really got suckered!

Comment

• This is gong to worth the price of the ticket!

Defiant Biden resists call to drop out as campaign surrogates maintain support

As Biden plans for second debate, more Democrats reiterate backing the president’s re-election efforts

A defiant Joe Biden resisted calls to abandon his re-election effort and step aside for a younger candidate after his calamitous showing in Thursday’s presidential debate with Donald Trump.

As Democrats panicked and openly talked about replacing the president with another nominee, the Biden campaign unequivocally ruled out that possibility.

“Of course he’s not dropping out,” Lauren Hitt, a campaign spokesperson, said on Friday.

Her statement followed Biden’s own resolute comments to downcast supporters shortly after leaving the debate stage in Atlanta. “Let’s keep going,” he told them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...biden-drop-out
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I didn't get suckered by Biden at all....
                          yuh

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Trump just released a 95 second ad of Joe Biden's debate lowlights:

Video clip

Brutal.
                            And Joe never did get the number of billionaires right. There's supposed to be something like 750, not a thousand. Off by 25%

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

And Joe never did get the number of billionaires right. There's supposed to be something like 750, not a thousand. Off by 25%
                              Same guy has said 150 million Americans died from guns since 2007 and another 120 million from COVID-19.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't get suckered by Biden at all, Biden has been, just as I believed he would be, a great president. And though his age does seem to have caught up with him after 4 years as President, I would still vote for him, even with his obvious decline, over the treasonous ex-president who, along with his treason, you support.
                                Trump is the anti-democracy, treasonous treasoner, with insurrection oozing from his traitorous pores as he plots to take over the country AND EVENTUALLY THE WORLD, and put all of his enemies into labor camps or deport them to Venezuela.

Comment