Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Big Debate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It baffles me that anybody could not know. Are people really that uninformed? That's scary.
    If all people listen to is the msm then that’s all they’ve had for the last 9 years. I have that issue with my sisters, because all they hear is the liberal funded media here. I get that to a certain extent because we have no conservative voices on radio and television, but all three are computer savvy enough that they can access conservative voices online. Even my 83 year old sister could do that. But they don’t bother. And so they’re deceived and blinded.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

The fascist Whitmer's name keeps coming up....
      She's got a lot of baggage, or "skeletons" in her past.

Their best hope is Michelle. They have to convince Biden to pull out and free up all of his delegates. Then all she has to do is accept the nomination, and Barrie and the rest of the puppet masters will do the rest. She doesn't even have to debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

The fascist Whitmer's name keeps coming up....
        I guess the question now is, how are they going to get him out? Is it going to be a health crisis? Are they going to threaten him with the 25th? Are they just going to continue and try another plan (like get Trump out and Haley in?). I can't see him stepping down and admitting he has cognitive decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

She's got a lot of baggage, or "skeletons" in her past.

Their best hope is Michelle. They have to convince Biden to pull out and free up all of his delegates. Then all she has to do is accept the nomination, and Barrie and the rest of the puppet masters will do the rest. She doesn't even have to debate.
          She has no political experience. Her only selling point would be the hope that Barack would be running things in the background. And I think the Dems have moved way more left than Obama was when he was in office, so that could lose them the alt-left loony votes that Biden has been pandering for.

I think they will probably go with Gavin Newsom. He presents well, is well spoken, and has been in the news enough that most people know who he is. I think he would give Trump a run for the money.

Unless they are idiots and put Kamala Harris as the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I guess the question now is, how are they going to get him out? Is it going to be a health crisis? Are they going to threaten him with the 25th? Are they just going to continue and try another plan (like get Trump out and Haley in?). I can't see him stepping down and admitting he has cognitive decline.
            They could build a mock Oval office and let him think he is still president into perpetuity.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If he steps down then Harris takes over and can run as the incumbent. I don't think they want that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Little jimmy hasn't added his two cents yet.
                When he does, it will be about Trump!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Yes Trump should have simply said "yes" and the fact that he didn't say "yes" just like he didn't say "yes" in 2016 and didn't say "yes" in 2020 when asked the same question, and the went on to show exactly what he would do if he lost on Jan 6th should open your eyes to what kind of man Donald Trump actually is. But, as we've seen, it won't, will it?
                  Jim, the world has finally clearly seen what half our Country has been seeing for years, but your cult just couldn't accept.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It all feels coordinated. The debate didn't show us anything new, it was just a confirmation of what we already knew. I'm thinking they had a plan A and a plan B.

Plan A was the hope that Joe would make it through without embarrassing himself, that he would do just well enough for them to say, "Look at that! He proved he's still got it! There's no reason for any more debates," and they'd coast into November on that narrative.

What we're seeing now is plan B, where they can no longer plausibly deny the truth, and they're throwing him under the bus.
                    But will they actually be able to replace him without resorting to the 25A if he doesn't go quietly into the night.

They are now facing the consequences of forcing him on the party this go around. Allowing no debates and trying to keep challengers off the ballot. From the same folks claiming that they're saving democracy.

National Review brings up other problems:

But the really bad news for Democrats is that the chances of replacing Biden with someone else are slim no matter how many of them are now screaming for it on their social media accounts.

What those demanding a candidate switch are forgetting is that this is not some far off moment in America's past when nominations could be determined by regional party bosses meeting in proverbial smoke-filled rooms. There are no such bosses anymore and no realistic mechanism for toppling an incumbent president who already has the nomination sewed up. Both major parties have been hollowed out largely in the name of democracy as primaries replaced state conventions which could be easily rigged by the local party machinery.

Even when the entire apparatus of a national party is opposed to a prospective presidential candidate—as the GOP establishment was to Trump in 2016—they had no power to prevent him sweeping to the nomination on the basis of primary victories in which ordinary voters have the final word.

In theory, the Democratic Convention that will meet in Chicago from August 19-24 could choose someone other than Biden. But most of those selected as delegates are Biden loyalists and are in most cases obligated to vote for him.

There's only one person who can decide that Biden won't be the nominee and that is the candidate himself.

But everything we know about Joe Biden—his arrogance, contempt for critics and loathing of his opponents, not to mention the fact that he waited several decades for a series of unlikely events that let him achieve his lifelong ambition—all makes me think that he will never give up the chance for another term under virtually any circumstances. Nor can one imagine that he would take kindly to senior Democrats demanding his withdrawal even if there were any such senior party members willing to do that.

It's possible that his inner circle, particularly his wife, could finally concede that their efforts to cover up his infirmity have failed and that it was time to cut their losses in the hope that an alternative might do better against Trump. But Jill Biden seems as obsessed with having another four years in the White House as her husband.

Two points...

While the Republican leadership wanted to keep OMB from winning the nomination in 2016, they weren't the party that rigged the primaries so that regardless who the rank and file voted for, their preselected candidate, Hillary Clinton, would still get the most delegates and "win" the nomination. Nor did they hand their preferred candidates the questions to the debate in advance. So, there really is no telling what sort of underhanded tricks they have in store.

As noted, "Dr. Jill" is a major force in old Joe deciding to run for a second term. As presidential historian Douglas Brinkley made clear on Face the Nation a couple months ago, unlike how Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson were the driving force behind their husband's decision not to run for re-election, "that’s not the case with Jill Biden. She likes power. She wants to stay. She wants some sense of revenge." After the debate she was seen reassuring the duffer that he did a good job during the debate. She will fight tooth and nail against any attempts to force old Joe to step aside.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, the world has finally clearly seen what half our Country has been seeing for years, but your cult just couldn't accept.
                      The world has been seeing it for awhile now. Why else do you think our adversaries feel so free to act so aggressively?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If he steps down then Harris takes over and can run as the incumbent. I don't think they want that.
                        It was once hard for me to believe that picking Harris as a runner-up for an elderly man, they didn't know there was a good possibly she'd be president, but with what I've seen so far, they seem to be capable of such unwitting stupidity.

Comment

It baffles me that anybody could not know. Are people really that uninformed? That's scary.
                          It's like somebody who has become a Mormon, and begins to see the cracks, but can't admit they bought into the scam.

Comment

• Trump just released a 95 second ad of Joe Biden's debate lowlights:

Video clip

Brutal.

Comment

It was once hard for me to believe that picking Harris as a runner-up for an elderly man, they didn't know there was a good possibly she'd be president, but with what I've seen so far, they seem to be capable of such unwitting stupidity.
                              she checked off the boxes...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• I am waiting to see how the White House spins the debate in the next press conference.

Comment