Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robert E. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL
    We don't in this country erect statues in honor of those who led the fight against this country in order that they could continue to enslave human beings. Whats is there to honor?
    We don't? Then what the heck are the liberals tearing down?

Comment

Correcting the mistakes of the past.
      But they want to tear down Washington and Jefferson too. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/08/...-slave-owners/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

But you said "We don't in this country erect statues in honor of those who led the fight against this country in order that they could continue to enslave human beings."

Apparently we do, huh? Just like we have statues that "commemorate bad people"

Any other stupid things you or Tassy want to say?

Comment

• Nobody said to overlook them. But slavery was a near universal institution at the time. Even in the North, where they always prefer being passive aggressive to being open and honest they used indentured servants like garbage and preferred working them to death in lieu of giving them land, and when they gave them the land owed it was likely to be a malaria infested swamp. Many of the abolitionists were themselves murderers and other assorted scumbags. The left was in love with eugenics (which produced Planned Parenthood) until Hitler made it haram. Susan B Anthony was very racist, but because she's a feminist icon it gets overlooked. By this standard nobody at the time (or any other time) should be honored, but of course this standard is only selectively applied to people the left hates. It has nothing to do with slavery or racism (in fact progressives barely even hide the fact that you hate white people these days).
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Nobody said to overlook them. But slavery was a near universal institution at the time. Even in the North, where they always prefer being passive aggressive to being open and honest they used indentured servants like garbage and preferred working them to death in lieu of giving them land, and when they gave them the land owed it was likely to be a malaria infested swamp. Many of the abolitionists were themselves murderers and other assorted scumbags. The left was in love with eugenics (which produced Planned Parenthood) until Hitler made it haram. Susan B Anthony was very racist, but because she's a feminist icon it gets overlooked. By this standard nobody at the time (or any other time) should be honored, but of course this standard is only selectively applied to people the left hates. It has nothing to do with slavery or racism (in fact progressives barely even hide the fact that you hate white people these days).
            This ^

As shown by JimL's comment when I mentioned that the North was still racist during the civil war (and liberals accuse the whole country of being racist even today):

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Where slavery and racism existed is besides the point, only the south rebelled against the U.S. governments abolition of slavery.
            Liberals don't actually care about racism or slavery. They just want a club to try to beat conservatives over the head with. Right now they are trying to use the civil war and the confederacy as that club so they can accuse all conservatives of being racist nazis.

Comment

You cannot correct the past. You can learn from it though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                This ^

As shown by JimL's comment when I mentioned that the North was still racist during the civil war (and liberals accuse the whole country of being racist even today):

Liberals don't actually care about racism or slavery. They just want a club to try to beat conservatives over the head with. Right now they are trying to use the civil war and the confederacy as that club so they can accuse all conservatives of being racist nazis.
                Damn, you got quite the guilt complex going on there Sparko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I saw a spokesman for Rice University (Houston) explaining that they're removing a stature, but they're not really "removing" it, they're simply relocating it, and it will be, uh, placed in, uh, well, if, uh... if historians or students want to come study it, uh......

Sure makes it sound like it's going into a storage room or something. The guy couldn't look the camera or the reporter in the eye. It had all the flavor of "I really don't want to do this but I have no choice".
                  Hrm. Interesting. Because I could better understand it if they were just moving it to a museum or something, or somewhere less in the public eye, but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan outside of just removing it.

Comment

• Making villains into devils that are just born evil vs humans is how you end up with these people to begin with.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      [/ATTACH]

You were saying?

Comment

• WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, Robert E. Lee was much worse than Julius Caesar, Vlad the Impaler, Napoleon and Alexander the Great!!

Comment

• So... it was okay because it was common back then. Yet slavery was still common throughout the world during the 19th century.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            Susan B Anthony was very racist, but because she's a feminist icon it gets overlooked.
                            In 1869 she wrote
                            The old anti slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.

Anthony was declaring that white people were naturally superior to, more intelligent than, blacks. I guess it's time to pull down those statues dedicated to this virulent racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              In 1869 she wrote
                              The old anti slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.

Anthony was declaring that white people were naturally superior to, more intelligent than, blacks. I guess it's time to pull down those statues dedicated to this virulent racist.
                              racism, slavery and murdering people is only bad when you can use it as a club against conservatives or Christians.

Comment

• You know, though he was a complicated man, Lee was a committed Christian. He will find heaven while most of the atheists nipping at his heels here will be lost forever...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment