Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    People can do something for a very long time and still not be very good at it. The "...And you kinda suck at it." would seem to put you in that category. But at times you do better than that.
    So I tell you that you are no good at it and you say I am no good at it? the "I'm rubber you're glue" retort. sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So I tell you that you are no good at it and you say I am no good at it? the "I'm rubber you're glue" retort. sigh.
      My basic point is that your personal attacks on my are rather low but when you concetrate on the actual points you usually do a lot better.

Comment

My basic point is that your personal attacks on my are rather low but when you concetrate on the actual points you usually do a lot better.
        I am only doing it to imitate you, hoping you will "get the point" and stop being such a twit.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          In your world violence from those on the left is perfectly acceptable and praiseworthy. Not just sad but sick as well.

Comment

• And we've said more than once, NO ONE made a moral equivalency . The word "EQUAL" was never uttered.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• really? provide links or it didn't happen.

Comment

And you felt no need to mention any of that before you had to defend yourself?
                He was supposed to defend himself against misinterpretations of liberals, before they even appeared? That is nuts.

ETA: Sparko beat me to it.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• If I recall correctly you have assiduously avoided that until now.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    And we've said more than once, NO ONE made a moral equivalency . The word "EQUAL" was never uttered.
                    I do, and have before, said the two sides are equally evil. They are morally equivalent.

ETA: Both sides push for an oppressive central government. On the right one that suppresses minority rights, on the left one that suppresses freedoms we take for granted (or used to).
                    Last edited by Jedidiah; 09-08-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      If I recall correctly you have assiduously avoided that until now.
                      Nonsense! You see what you want to see. In #443 What is being compared here are the neo-Fascists who were making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks with those who oppose them. While the methods of the opposition may be questionable in some instances their goal is appropriate, whereas the goals of the KKK etc are not. Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals. Any disjoint here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Any disjoint here?
                        Oh yes. You fail to admit that what is often called the left in this violence are opposed to many of the freedoms Americans have historically enjoyed such as free speech. They are both evil and destructive of social cohesion.

Comment

Nonsense! You see what you want to see. In #443 What is being compared here are the neo-Fascists who were making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks with those who oppose them. While the methods of the opposition may be questionable in some instances their goal is appropriate, whereas the goals of the KKK etc are not.
                          I'm sorta impressed that you think this somehow equates to a firm denunciation of violence. It's the polar opposite of firm.
                          Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals. Any disjoint here?
                          Yes, your statement from reality.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Nonsense! You see what you want to see. In #443 What is being compared here are the neo-Fascists who were making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks with those who oppose them. While the methods of the opposition may be questionable in some instances their goal is appropriate, whereas the goals of the KKK etc are not. Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals. Any disjoint here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

"may be questionable" is nowhere close to "any violence promoting those goals is not"
                              "may be questionable" appears no different than borderline acceptable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And it's only "questionable in some instances," meaning he has no problem with liberal violence in other instances.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment