Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Why is Psychic cross burning not legal?!? How could a Court say such a thing?
    You are a nazi, a grammar nazi.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      You are a nazi, a grammar nazi.
      I prefer the term "grammar patriot."

But now that everyone and their couch is a Nazi, I guess it's pretty much the same thing.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So then you would say that this is illegal then and the people doing it should be arrested?

Boy, that head is Yuge! I've never seen a head so yuge! It's amazing! And I've known that head for years. Best of friends. We went to Mardi Gras together. Best Mardi Gras ever. It was YUGE! And we made the New Orleanians pay for it. It was incredible.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Boy, that head is Yuge! I've never seen a head so yuge! It's amazing! And I've known that head for years. Best of friends. We went to Mardi Gras together. Best Mardi Gras ever. It was YUGE! And we made the New Orleanians pay for it. It was incredible.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So then you would say that this is illegal then and the people doing it should be arrested?
            They're exercising free speech. They're not making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks like the neo-Nazis did at Charlottesville. Everybody seems to understand this except the neo-Nazis themselves and the Evangelicals...both of whom comprise Trump's core support base. Sad!

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            Sure, as long as the KKK members aren't trying to intimidate someone.
            Why would you think the KKK was trying to intimidate anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              They're exercising free speech.
              I was right! They are openly supporting violence by communists and BLM counter protesters. In spite of video they deny that they were being violent and also seem to feel that their violence was justifiable. Any disjoint here?
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I was right! They are openly supporting violence by communists and BLM counter protesters. In spite of video they deny that they were being violent and also seem to feel that their violence was justifiable. Any disjoint here?
                You seem surprised.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You were wrong. What is being compared here are the neo-Fascists who were making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks with those who oppose them. While the methods of the opposition may be questionable in some instances their goal is appropriate, whereas the goals of the KKK etc are not. Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals. Any disjoint here?

Comment

Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals.
                    I how often been surprised by the evangelicals. I think the most recent period with Trump has shown that morally, they don't see many stop signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      I how often been surprised by the evangelicals. I think the most recent period with Trump has shown that morally, they don't see many stop signs.
                      Like Faust, they're prepared to sell their souls in order to get what they want. Namely new appointees in the Supreme Court whom, they fondly imagine, will overturn the abortion laws and the legalisation of gay marriage. The irony is that Landmark Cases such as these are notoriously difficult to overturn. So, as per Faust, they may have sold their souls for nothing. :

Comment

You were wrong. What is being compared here are the neo-Fascists who were making violent, unconstitutional demands against Jews and blacks with those who oppose them. While the methods of the opposition may be questionable in some instances their goal is appropriate, whereas the goals of the KKK etc are not. Everybody, from political leaders on both sides to the heads of business and international leaders, seems to understand this...except the Evangelicals. Any disjoint here?
                        why are you defending domestic terrorists? I guess we know your true motivations now. you support terrorism!

Comment

As I have said before I have never yet seen any evangelical write in support of KKK and their ilk. You keep making false claims like that but only find straw to burn.

Comment

Like Faust, they're prepared to sell their souls in order to get what they want. Namely new appointees in the Supreme Court whom, they fondly imagine, will overturn the abortion laws and the legalisation of gay marriage. The irony is that Landmark Cases such as these are notoriously difficult to overturn. So, as per Faust, they may have sold their souls for nothing. :
                            Voting for Trump over Hillary is somehow selling one's soul?

On the other hand, it's not like Dred Scott or Plessy v. Ferguson were Landmark Cases.

Oh, wait.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              I think neither you nor Tassman would be able to spot an evangelical if one introduced him- or herself as one to you in the street. This isn't because I think you're stupid, but because your only view of them tends to be filtered through the lens of those who despise them.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

As I have said before I have never yet seen any evangelical write in support of KKK and their ilk. You keep making false claims like that but only find straw to burn.
                                Trump has been roundly condemned by all sides, nationally and internationally, for his moral equivalence regarding the Neo-Nazis vis-a-vis those protesting them...the exception being among the Evangelicals. "You will know them by their fruits." Matthew 7.16

Comment