Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    OOOHHH!!! words.... scary!!
    My point is that if you start screaming nazi slogans and start to make claims that support those sick ideas, then you should not be too surprised if some idiots actually start to take action and go for what follows from the words you say. I guess there are certain words or statements you would have prevented your children from hearing? I guess there are certain associations you would not want them to be inspireded by? So "Blut und Boden" (just to many one example) are words, yes, and feel free to neglect it. But those words were used to, and are still used to support a murderous ideology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I agree. If they were, for example, carrying communist flags, then we'd know their peaceful intentions.
      No. But that does nothing to challenge my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-vice-news-hbo

When they're doing it at night, with torches, and there's violence and someone dies, then they've crossed a line.
        lol "there's violence and someone dies". Why the vague formulation? Be specific. Why was there violence? Because they were attacked by people like you. Why did someone die? Because someone like you attacked the killer's car with baseball bats.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          My point is that if you start screaming nazi slogans and start to make claims that support those sick ideas, then you should not be too surprised if some idiots actually start to take action and go for what follows from the words you say.
          Then you blame the idiot himself.

I guess there are certain words or statements you would have prevented your children from hearing?
          Wholly irrelevant.

I guess there are certain associations you would not want them to be inspireded by? So "Blut und Boden" (just to many one example) are words, yes, and feel free to neglect it. But those words were used to, and are still used to support a murderous ideology.
          Manson claimed inspiration from the White Album. Shall we say the Beatles are to blame for the Manson Family murders?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Because they were not the focus of violent Nazi, Antisemitic hate groups when Obama was in power. Back then, they had to make do with birther-ism and other less violent racist ploys.

Sigh!

Where would you lot be without the slippery slope fallacy to invoke whenever a new law or decision is made of which you disapprove?
            You have it backwards, the "violent Nazi, Antisemetic hate groups" didn't focus on the statues until the liberal left commies started tearing them down and insisting anything to do with the Confederacy be removed, including flags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              My point is that if you start screaming nazi slogans and start to make claims that support those sick ideas, then you should not be too surprised if some idiots actually start to take action and go for what follows from the words you say. I guess there are certain words or statements you would have prevented your children from hearing? I guess there are certain associations you would not want them to be inspireded by? So "Blut und Boden" (just to many one example) are words, yes, and feel free to neglect it. But those words were used to, and are still used to support a murderous ideology.
              And the answer is to be murderous in response?

I have no problem with people protesting peacefully against such people, but unless it is in self-defense, they have no right to attack even white supremacists or nazis who are expressing their views, hateful though they be.

Do you agree?

Comment

Manson claimed inspiration from the White Album. Shall we say the Beatles are to blame for the Manson Family murders?
                Manson was a deranged individual and cannot be compared in any way to the long murderous history of the KKK and Nazism. This is what we saw in full force at Charlotteville. There is no place for such ideology in the free world and it is staggering that the likes of you (and Trump) seek to rationalise it to the extent of blaming those protesting against it for the violence. Are there NO lengths to which you lot will not go to ensure your own agenda re the Supreme Court and a return to the hatred and bigotry of 'the good ole' days' of discrimination against LGBT's and blacks?

Comment

Then you blame the idiot himself.

Wholly irrelevant.

Charlie seems to have never heard of free speech. People who say things I find despicable still have a right to say those things.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Charlie seems to have never heard of free speech. People who say things I find despicable still have a right to say those things.
                    Freedom of speech was not intended to allow hate speech that incites violence towards groups on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation. And this is what we get in spades from the KKK White Supremacists and anti-Semites that largely make up the Alt-Right.

Comment

Freedom of speech was not intended to allow hate speech that incites violence towards groups on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation. And this is what we get in spades from the KKK White Supremacists and anti-Semites that largely make up the Alt-Right.
                      Yes Tass, freedom of speech exactly does allow hate speech. You can't call for killing or attacking someone else, you know like Antifa, but it does allow for hateful speech. Besides who get to decide what is hateful - you?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Manson was a deranged individual and cannot be compared in any way to the long murderous history of the KKK and Nazism.
                        Considering the current KKK and "Nazis" are weak imitations of the real deal in the past, your dismissal is dismissed.

This is what we saw in full force at Charlotteville.
                        Were you actually there Tassy? My niece was. As were my cousins. The media has over-reported the few instances where people took it upon themselves to act like idiots. The media acts like it was the LA Riots of the late 80s. It wasn't.

There is no place for such ideology in the free world
                        Nor is there a place for liberal ideology, but here you are...

and it is staggering that the likes of you (and Trump) seek to rationalise it to the extent of blaming those protesting against it for the violence.
                        I'm sorry, but where did I blame ANYONE except the individuals that chose to behave violently? It's idiots like you that blame the whole crowd for the actions of a few.

Are there NO lengths to which you lot will not go to ensure your own agenda re the Supreme Court and a return to the hatred and bigotry of 'the good ole' days' of discrimination against LGBT's and blacks?
                        What a heap load of stupidity. You sure packed a lot of dumb in such a few words, and coming from YOU, that's saying something. Face it... Your side is enjoying their day in the sun while hating and discriminating against Christians and anyone who doesn't toe the party line in every facet of public life. The lies of "inclusion" your side spouts are nothing more than bullying those who have a different pov, and we are sick of it. It's time to return to the INTENT of the Constitution when it talks about freedoms.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by tassman View Post
                          manson was a deranged individual and cannot be compared in any way to the long murderous history of the kkk and nazism.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]23865[/ATTACH]

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Yes Tass, freedom of speech exactly does allow hate speech. You can't call for killing or attacking someone else, you know like Antifa, but it does allow for hateful speech. Besides who get to decide what is hateful - you?
                            Precisely. A liberal from Australia. And Phuket...
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It was intended to allow ANY political or religious speech. No you can't use it to incite violence directly ("Kill those Jews!") but you can use it to denounce anything or person you want, whether they be white, nazi, gay, christian, atheist, liberal, conservative or leprechaun.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Note the "peaceably assemble" bit. That means neither the Nazi's or the Antifa can assemble to riot and bash each other's brains in with baseball bats and rocks.

Comment

You are talking the sort of speech that Antifa and many of the BLM people use. Why do they get a pass? You do not seem to understand what free speech means.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment