Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Admin’s Floating Gaza Pier Problems Go From Bad To Worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden Admin’s Floating Gaza Pier Problems Go From Bad To Worse

‘Amateur Hour’: Biden Admin’s Floating Gaza Pier Problems Go From Bad To Worse

New problems are mounting for the Biden administration’s $320 million floating Gaza aid pier which was already facing setbacks, despite becoming operational less than two weeks ago.

The U.S. military was forced to halt aid shipments to Gaza on Tuesday after the floating pier was damaged by bad weather over the weekend. The damage sustained from the bad weather is only the latest in a string of logistical and operational problems that have plagued the pier since it was constructed in mid May.

The JLOTS pier was a “horrible idea,” Michael DiMino, senior fellow at Defense Priorities and former CIA and defense official, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “It’s a horrible idea due to the challenges that we just saw basically wreck the whole project.”

“It was never a sound plan to begin with… whether it’s accidents, or logistical hurdles, or risk to our troops and all these problems that have come to fruition. I don’t think that there should be any effort to try to continue this, or salvage it, or fix it,” DiMino said, pointing to safer, more effective methods of delivering aid to Gaza. “I think now is an opportunity to say this failed. Let’s wrap this up before we continue to tempt fate.”

Getting aid into Gaza via the JLOTS system requires several steps. Aid is first delivered by vessels to the floating pier roughly two miles off the Gaza coastline, where it is facilitated by U.S. officials. It is picked up by loading vessels and transferred back to a separate causeway pier attached to the shores of Gaza, then trucked by various aid groups to warehouses for distribution.

Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh confirmed that U.S. aid deliveries had been halted after rough weather and choppy waters broke the causeway pier apart on Tuesday, rendering it useless for the time being. The pier will be removed from the coast of Gaza and towed northbound to Israel for repairs; it will take “at least over a week” to fix the pier before it can be re-anchored, Singh told reporters.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It cost twice what they estimated to build and was apparently rather flimsy. Gotta wonder who got rich building it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It cost twice what they estimated to build and was apparently rather flimsy. Gotta wonder who got rich building it.
      And did "the Big Guy" get his 10 percent?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"It was never a sound plan to begin with…"

That appears to be the theme of Joe's administration.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Kinda like the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Comment

Given that Joe has been "wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades" and has a penchant to "f-bomb things up" (characterizations coming from his own party).....
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Given that Joe has been "wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades" and has a penchant to "f-bomb things up" (characterizations coming from his own party).....
              Yeah, but no more mean Tweets!

Comment

Yeah, but no more mean Tweets!
                Any sane rational tweets?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Any sane rational tweets?
                  How will we know when they start using an AI generated old Joe rather than the real duffer?

I figure if he ever says anything using complete sentences.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    How will we know when they start using an AI generated old Joe rather than the real duffer?

I figure if he ever says anything using complete sentences.
                    Maybe they already are. AI is notorious for making stupid nonsensical statements
                    Source: https://theconversation.com/eat-a-rock-a-day-put-glue-on-your-pizza-how-googles-ai-is-losing-touch-with-reality-230953

Eat a rock a day, put glue on your pizza: how Google’s AI is losing touch with reality

...But AI Overviews also tells you that “astronauts have met cats on the moon, played with them, and provided care”. More worryingly, it also recommends “you should eat at least one small rock per day” as “rocks are a vital source of minerals and vitamins”, and suggests putting glue in pizza topping.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe they already are. AI is notorious for making stupid nonsensical statements
                      Source: https://theconversation.com/eat-a-rock-a-day-put-glue-on-your-pizza-how-googles-ai-is-losing-touch-with-reality-230953

Eat a rock a day, put glue on your pizza: how Google’s AI is losing touch with reality

...But AI Overviews also tells you that “astronauts have met cats on the moon, played with them, and provided care”. More worryingly, it also recommends “you should eat at least one small rock per day” as “rocks are a vital source of minerals and vitamins”, and suggests putting glue in pizza topping.

© Copyright Original Source

I tried that query on search.brave.com, and their AI called out Google's AI!

brave.jpg

Comment

brave.jpg
                        Ask it if Biden is actually an AI creation? His answers sound suspiciously like Google's AI answers.

Comment

brave.jpg
                          Can you prove that Astronauts have NOT met cats on the moon?

Comment

I mean, if they were to meet any extraterrestrial life form, I would expect it to be cats.

Comment

Master Po and the NSA can confirm the lack of feline lifeforms on the moon.

Comment